Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst this £150 million injection is obviously good news and long overdue, is it something that needed to be announced quite so publicly?

This is a genuine question btw for any business head on here. Does it not compromise our negotiation position somewhat if a club knows we’re more flush than previously?

I think they had to do it legally. Plus the money has to be spent by the end of this year. So basically this transfer window. It is good news.

Do you know what, fair play to you.

I get so fucking tired going over the same with you over and over that I mostly give up. but you're relentless. it's admirable, even though I disagree with 90%+ of the posts you make.

Fortunately he only mainly posts in the Enic thread so you don’t have to argue with him in any of the others.

Fantastic news that the long term plan appears to be finally coming to fruition. It’s an odd feeling for a Spurs fan.

Two things come to mind.

1. Isn’t it generally accepted you don’t show your hand too early in negotiations? We probably just got hit with a 10% rich tax on any incoming transfers.

2. Should we now expect to see the owners start drawing profits in some manner?

ENIC owns 85% of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The other 15% is owned by people like myself who decided not to sell our shares when ENIC took over.

the effect of this cash injection is an increase in the ENIC shareholding from 85% to circa 87%. Effectively it dilutes small shareholders so yes, it does have to be publicly announced.

For my part, my shares are not worth much and I only hold them for fun. So the dilution doesn’t bother me at all.
But how much are you putting in to buying players?!

Ulrika out!

; )

Levy is part of ENIC.

And Winks is a part of Tottenham, but no one is patting him on the back for our 4th place miracle.

Cunt Levy off when there's no investment, ignore him when there is (appears to be at least) makes sense 👍
I always try to give Lewis/ENIC/Levy equal amounts of stick.

well by that Logic Levy has no major control but he takes enough shit doesn't he?

He controls what THFC do year on year with income and outgoings generated by the club and reports into as well as make recommendations to ENIC.
For 21 years he's been trying to increase revenue with cheap to purchase players with high resale values and subsequent reinvestment. Well, in fairness probably 12-15 years of that.
This investment has come from the head office, not from Levy. Now it may be that Levy went in there hat in hand and begged for it and put a case forwards for it.
IF that happened then my hat is off to him. Should have done it in peak Poch era but let's move on.

Were in the money. Were in the money.

Oh no, have the spent it all already?

To Levy’s credit. I imagine it’s hard to spend money when Scrooge McDuck is the owner of the club.

Levy does get the lion’s share of the abuse, when Joe Lewis is the one who is primarily responsible for injecting funds into the club.

Abramovic “loaned” the Chavs billions and isn’t asking for it to be repaid back.

I highly doubt Lewis would loan us a screwdriver.
Levy owns 30% of ENIC so Levy is effectively putting 50 million quid into Spurs whilst Lewis puts the other 100 million. Not chump change.

they’ve done it by a cash injection as they probably can‘t do it via an Abramovich style loan even if they wanted to. The reason being the bank debt funding the stadium - banks don’t like other creditors on the same company / asset. Chelsea don’t have bank debt in the same way (nor do they have a half decent stadium)

this cash injection from ENIC should be welcomed by all. Everyone has been calling for ENIC to put their own money into Spurs and now they do, you all try and desperately find negatives to peddle out instead of enjoying the moment.

Feel like I've woken up in a parallel universe

We have top 3 manager in the world, Champions league football for next season and now ENIC have just given us a major cash injection

12 months ago club was a complete shambles, credit where credits due for turning this all around.

We have top 3 manager in the world, Champions league football for next season and now ENIC have just given us a major cash injection

12 months ago club was a complete shambles, credit where credits due for turning this all around.
Not to mention the best stadium in Europe and two of the greatest goal scorers on the planet.

Nuno was manager less than 7 months ago.

Well, it turned out someone agreed with that.

Quite an extraordinary day.
The kind of day you and I have been calling for for 20 years my friend.

It's a promising, long overdue moment...... A start.
But a moment we deserve to cherish nonetheless.

Let's drink it in.

frank-sinatra-singer.gif

I always wonder about the logic of telling everyone we have money to spend if clubs we are trying to negotiate with will start to increase their prices for their players unless we are that confident that Fabio is that good at negotiating, interesting.
I think financial rules mean we have to disclose it, but I think the press release "on and off the pitch" I think is supposed to mitigate that.

Journos as saying it's all for transfers but I think clubs will have to take that as hearsay but absolutely no one gets a deal over Levy.

Back
Top Bottom