Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC owns 85% of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The other 15% is owned by people like myself who decided not to sell our shares when ENIC took over.

the effect of this cash injection is an increase in the ENIC shareholding from 85% to circa 87%. Effectively it dilutes small shareholders so yes, it does have to be publicly announced.

For my part, my shares are not worth much and I only hold them for fun. So the dilution doesn’t bother me at all.

You hold shares?

Shake down that midget. Do it. Now.

Just cracked open a beer. Birra Moretti - seemed appropriate. Good luck in your endeavours, Fabio.

giphy.gif

The kind of day you and I have been calling for for 20 years my friend.

It's a promising, long overdue moment...... A start.
But a moment we deserve to cherish nonetheless.

Let's drink it in.

frank-sinatra-singer.gif

It's fucking brilliant.

And it speaks in ENICs favour, that they know the sheer compulsory publicity will unfortunately contribute to driving up fees. But they still do it.

The timing is so good. So many teams off their balance and railing from Covid-19.

I post in this thread a lot mostly because I find the idea of running a sports business interesting and I know a couple of (minority) owners.

While some posters on here might like to think that their rants calling him ‘Baldy’ on a fan site forced Levy (ENIC) to a greater investment, I beg to differ.
Keeping Conté happy and at the club is obviously a large part of it but I don’t think we would have gotten notice of investment without our 4th place. Levy seems to be the kind of guy who won’t invest without a very good chance of recouping that investment in the relatively short term. I think now represents a great window of opportunity:
United are in disarray.
Woolwich have a mediocre squad and manager and no CL revenue.
Chelsea’s spigot to easy money has been turned off. .
Newcastle are probably two to three years from being a top four contender.
We have a world class manager, capable of getting more out of a competitive squad than (almost) any other.
Son and Kane should still be close to their prime for the next couple of years.
The Premier League is dominating Europe both financially and in the results.

I think we could, if managed properly (by which I mean Levy not Conté), push on, separate ourselves from the chaff and enjoy success for a few years. At the end of the day, I don’t believe it’s feasible to maintain that advantage over clubs with equal or greater revenue over a long period. It took us about 20 years but we eventually caught Woolwich. We still have to sort out the naming rights which will increase our revenue further and it seems as if Levy, in his choices with pre-season venues etc. is seeking to expand the brand into what could still be lucrative markets for us.

Extremely optimistic about next season.

This place does baffle me sometimes. This is the news we've been moaning and bitching about (myself included) for years! This is a marker stone, we should be fucking buzzing. I have to say I finally joined the Enic out camp before Conte and he needs to make this moment count otherwise it will be unforgiveable. He seems to be doing it. Let's fucking enjoy it.

This place does baffle me sometimes. This is the news we've been moaning and bitching about (myself included) for years! This is a marker stone, we should be fucking buzzing. I have to say I finally joined the Enic out camp before Conte and he needs to make this moment count otherwise it will be unforgiveable. He seems to be doing it. Let's fucking enjoy it.

True I have wavered myself between Levy out and not. Sometimes his decisions are absolute shit, other times he is very good, very mercurial.

Only thing I can say for certain is the club is great place when we have a good manager like Jol, Redknapp, Poch and Conte and terrible when we have shit managers like AVB, Ramos, Mourinho, Nuno and Gross.

Point being hire good managers. Get a great manager and the rest tends to fix itself.

I think levy really lost his way towards the end of pochs reign and I wanted him out, after supporting him for a long time. Actually, that's not quite right, it was the manager search and appointment of Nuno that made me want him out.

Hiring Conte was step one for redeeming himself. I think most of us felt he has to complete step two, and back him in the transfer market, to complete his redemption. I will be delighted if he follows through on this, we could really achieve something with Conte.

85. 6 - 87.5 is an increase of 1.9%

Anyone who thinks spurs are worth 7b is probably not a cfa.... Or mentally stable.
knew i must have made a mistake. But that just makes it even worse. It means the club is being valued at closer to £8B.

Suggests the investment from ENIC, although in exchange for shares, is on favourable terms for hte club.

Back
Top Bottom