Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank heavens for the relentless pressure applied to the board over the last couple of years guys.
In a world full of airfixx's, stevees, and shadydans we'd still be being urged to #BackNuno and be wary of doing a Leeds or Portsmouth.

Absolute vindication of the likes of myself and the numerous other posters who argued for years for our club to compete.

Must be a weird kinda of feeling for the doing things the right way brigade and the spending within our means cult

Join in the fun, boys. Come join the party.

Levy+Money.gif
But we are going to be spending within our means. This is not borrowing against forecast future success, this is spending money we actually have.

It's actually quite funny that you think you applied ANY pressure at all.
Dog Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Without wishing to put a dampner on the news which is great.If instead of financing the stadium by taking out loans which to date we have paid about 75million in interest, they would have undertaken a rights issue this late injection of capital wouldnt have been needed. The problem was ENIC had no wish to fund the RI so this would have meant they would have had their stake diminished by those funding the rights and a smaller gain once it was sold, however the sale price would have been substantially higher without the huge indebtedness. I think at last they are learning the error of their ways not befoe time and very welcome.

"ENIC’s ownership of the Club could see an increase from its current level of 85.6% to circa 87.5% on conversion"

So if 2.1% of the club is worth £150M then that values the club at approx. £7B? I expect I got that wrong somehow?

Maybe not as much as that but whatever Chelsea sell for Spurs who were on the verge of overtaking Chelsea on earnings before covid must be worth more . The income potential of the stadium is higher than Chelsea , plus if we can spend a few seasons in CL it will see the value of Spurs rocket.

For the record Levy is a part owner of ENIC.

Club chairman Daniel Levy and his family own 29.4% of the share capital of ENIC International Limited, while Lewis owns 70.6%.

Without wishing to put a dampner on the news which is great.If instead of financing the stadium by taking out loans which to date we have paid about 75million in interest, they would have undertaken a rights issue this late injection of capital wouldnt have been needed. The problem was ENIC had no wish to fund the RI so this would have meant they would have had their stake diminished by those funding the rights and a smaller gain once it was sold, however the sale price would have been substantially higher without the huge indebtedness. I think at last they are learning the error of their ways not befoe time and very welcome.

Big difference is financing the stadium cost £1 bn

And ENIC decided that was too large for them - and given the 2.3% interest rate they could borrow at, borrowing clearly made sense.

But they are more than happy to invest £150m into the club to let Spurs go the extra mile in transfer window to get the club into a consistent top place financed by much higher revenues from the stadium plus the £150m injection just announced.

Don't think any western ownership group wouldn't have raised the stadium money through debt.

I do worry that we may lose a few fans that have previously revelled in the notion of little old spurs not having a pot to piss in.

They’ll probably move on and start following Derby or some such team

:troll:

May well sort some of the wheat from the chaffe within our fanbase.

No bad thing in my opinion. This could possibly have the feeling of a completely different forum next season!

:contefists:

This is great news, hopefully the club will spend the money wisely and invest it in the right players that will suit Conte though I'm sure he will most certainly have a say in who comes in and who's out.

Feels like a very good time to be a Tottenham fan, lots to look forward to. Best and most stable position we have been in for a long time.

Looks like the last few years of planning and some renaming us world class facilities fc has paid off in the long run.

I always wonder about the logic of telling everyone we have money to spend if clubs we are trying to negotiate with will start to increase their prices for their players unless we are that confident that Fabio is that good at negotiating, interesting.

"ENIC’s ownership of the Club could see an increase from its current level of 85.6% to circa 87.5% on conversion"

So if 2.1% of the club is worth £150M then that values the club at approx. £7B? I expect I got that wrong somehow?
85. 6 - 87.5 is an increase of 1.9%

Anyone who thinks spurs are worth 7b is probably not a cfa.... Or mentally stable.

I always wonder about the logic of telling everyone we have money to spend if clubs we are trying to negotiate with will start to increase their prices for their players unless we are that confident that Fabio is that good at negotiating, interesting.
Maybe you've hit on a very good point. Why tell the world? Maybe it's a case of telling the fans look at what we've done before something goes horribly south.

Whilst this £150 million injection is obviously good news and long overdue, is it something that needed to be announced quite so publicly?

This is a genuine question btw for any business head on here. Does it not compromise our negotiation position somewhat if a club knows we’re more flush than previously?

Don't think any western ownership group wouldn't have raised the stadium money through debt.
Beg to digffer at that time there were pre Covid a load of Yanks falling over themselves to get a stake in Tottenham . Sadly for ENIC and us Covid has scuppered them and now they are forced to inject their own capital. But its never too late.

Whilst this £150 million injection is obviously good news and long overdue, is it something that needed to be announced quite so publicly?

This is a genuine question btw for any business head on here. Does it not compromise our negotiation position somewhat if a club knows we’re more flush than previously?

I'm guessing that we may already have some deals done or that much down the line, Fabio's been a busy lad I reckon.

Yeh i thought that, doesn't that just add 10M to the price of any player we're interested in? Fair play put the money in but just keep it quiet and crack on. Announcements on the website aren't really needed.

I doubt very much that we’re bringing in nine and we’re certainly not bringing in both Martinez and Nkunku to a squad that already has Son, Deki and Kane. So, no I don’t think it’s remotely close to doable.

With due respect, this is how we set ourselves up for disappointment and then blame management for not meeting unrealistic, fairy-tale expectations.

In past seasons yes but I honestly don’t see Conte agreeing to stay if he doesn’t have a chance of the title or the Champions League, he isn’t here for top 4. He is here to fight Liverpool and City.

£150m and player sales if what Alistar Gold said is right is well over £200m of spending. It might not be those players but those type of players are now fully realistically that has never been the case before.

Back
Top Bottom