1991 Semi Vs the Scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cried when that free kick went in even though I didn't fully understand why. My first real* Spurs memory.

*First actual memory being the Port Vale result being read out on the BBC a few years earlier. #Spursy

Great day as I had been in hospital for an operation to my shoulder and was supposed to stay in for another week but no tv 📺 so fuck that and I discharged myself and Mrs B and a couple of mates took me to a nearby pub
Nearly put my shoulder out again celebrating 🥳 Gazza’s great goal

Great post Nutter!!

11273095.jpg

Great day as I had been in hospital for an operation to my shoulder and was supposed to stay in for another week but no tv 📺 so fuck that and I discharged myself and Mrs B and a couple of mates took me to a nearby pub
Nearly put my shoulder out again celebrating 🥳 Gazza’s great goal

Great post Nutter!!
Did the same thing before the Man Utd game at The Lane where Teddy missed the penalty for them.
Discharged myself(after shoulder op) from just down the road at The North Mid the day before the game, was supposed to have left by then but the doctor didn't come round, arm in a sling and off i went.
Got a single ticket through the club in advance, west lower - front row - aisle seat, with no one sitting next to my dodgy shoulder, real good of the club that was.
Still jumped up and went mad for Teds penalty miss, as i do.

Did the same thing before the Man Utd game at The Lane where Teddy missed the penalty for them.
Discharged myself(after shoulder op) from just down the road at The North Mid the day before the game, was supposed to have left by then but the doctor didn't come round, arm in a sling and off i went.
Got a single ticket through the club in advance, west lower - front row - aisle seat, with no one sitting next to my dodgy shoulder, real good of the club that was.
Still jumped up and went mad for Teds penalty miss, as i do.

I remember us all singing “Oh Teddy Teddy” just after he missed it
Hit the post I think 🤔

Great memories watching with my three sons on TV.
The youngest was eating a sherbet dip from a bowl. When Gazza scored we all jumped up leaving my five year old covered in sherbet, screaming with sherbet in his face!

Was that the game football focus did a preview pre-match in pubs? Seem to remember them speaking to spurs fans perhaps not that game though?

Was that the game football focus did a preview pre-match in pubs? Seem to remember them speaking to spurs fans perhaps not that game though?

Sounds like typical final-day TV shenanigans to me....

FA Cup day was like a national holiday back then..... Sad the apathy it receives now. Thanks Fergie. :avbfu:

Vicious carpet burns from doing knee-slide goal celebrations (whilst wearing replica kit shorts obv!) in the front room that day..... Zero fucks were given. :freundgoal:

Don’t think I’ve ever watched the whole 90 minutes since the day itself.
SERIOUSLY? That's something you'd say about the CL Final, or the FA Cup Semi in '93...
But as for the '91 game, I watched nothing BUT re-runs of it for the entire Summer... ESPECIALLY as we won the thing!

Great memories watching with my three sons on TV.
The youngest was eating a sherbet dip from a bowl. When Gazza scored we all jumped up leaving my five year old covered in sherbet, screaming with sherbet in his face!
That sounds like summit VERY dodgy and Cockney! :nawty::harryhmm:

SERIOUSLY? That's something you'd say about the CL Final, or the FA Cup Semi in '93...
But as for the '91 game, I watched nothing BUT re-runs of it for the entire Summer... ESPECIALLY as we won the thing!

That sounds like summit VERY dodgy and Cockney! :nawty::harryhmm:

Especially if he was called ‘Charlie’!

Back
Top Bottom