1991 Semi Vs the Scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cried when that free kick went in even though I didn't fully understand why. My first real* Spurs memory.

*First actual memory being the Port Vale result being read out on the BBC a few years earlier. #Spursy

Great day as I had been in hospital for an operation to my shoulder and was supposed to stay in for another week but no tv 📺 so fuck that and I discharged myself and Mrs B and a couple of mates took me to a nearby pub
Nearly put my shoulder out again celebrating 🥳 Gazza’s great goal

Great post Nutter!!
Did the same thing before the Man Utd game at The Lane where Teddy missed the penalty for them.
Discharged myself(after shoulder op) from just down the road at The North Mid the day before the game, was supposed to have left by then but the doctor didn't come round, arm in a sling and off i went.
Got a single ticket through the club in advance, west lower - front row - aisle seat, with no one sitting next to my dodgy shoulder, real good of the club that was.
Still jumped up and went mad for Teds penalty miss, as i do.

Great memories watching with my three sons on TV.
The youngest was eating a sherbet dip from a bowl. When Gazza scored we all jumped up leaving my five year old covered in sherbet, screaming with sherbet in his face!

Watched the first two goals.

At this point on the day I was just a mess of pure adrenaline. Ended up about 10 rows down and 10 seats across from where I started.

Turned it off as felt a bit happy today but that was about it. Glad to say I was there to see that free kick. Unreal day.

COYS!!

11273095.jpg

Was so excited in the build up to this game. Queued overnight to get tickets from Spurs ticket office. I think it was the first Wembley Semi-final and I know loads didn’t get tickets. Even in those post Hillsborough days when football wasn’t as popular for a few years this match could probably have sold out twice over. I can remember the cocky gooners thinking they were gonna stuff us and for once it was Woolwich who didn’t turn up. From memory we played so well in the first half and were 2-0 up before big nose Smith scored just before half time and I was thinking here we go. But then Lineker squeezed a shot through spunky’s hands and the rest as they say is history.....

Back in the day when two televised games on a Sunday were as rare as hen's teeth, a noon kick off even rarer and the FA Cup actually mattered. And like a real geek spent ages reading all the pages on Teletext about our glorious victory. Oh to be a kid again.

Was a great day + can’t believe it was 30yrs ago! Terry Vegetables outthought Wenger that day with the way he set out the team.Celebrations went on in the stadium for ages.Remember getting home to Uxbridge just in time for 1 pint as the pubs shut Sunday afternoons back then 😱
Wow, I didn't realise we'd beaten Monaco that day as well as George Graham's ArseAnal... some achievement that!

As Barry Davies said at the time: "Schoolboy' s Own Stuff error!!!"
:gazza::gazza2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom