F.C Internazionale Milano -v- Tottenham Hotspur - 14/03/13 - Europa League Last 16 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahahaha just got back from watching this masacre on the night scene!

Everything went just as I had anticipated - fucking thrashing! I knew Inter were shitting bricks when they saw the team sheet. Fuckin' brother Ade and his leathel compatriot The Foe up front. To be honest with you guys I was rubbing my hands in glee, telling all the Gooner supporters present Inter were done.

As things progressed on the flatscreen it dawned on me how glorious supporting Spurs is! Jakey just rippin' the midfield, Pahkah spinning in circles and other glory related shit! Fuck, so we let them have a sniff ey and Galant Galas might have made one, maybe 2 max, tiny errors but hell, don't we all. Humanity innit! But like good cream, the best action always drifts to the top!

Adebayor absolute stunner of a game, tippy top. Lol, okay maybe some eagle eyed footy critic could find a flaw in his game. His goal though, fucking ultra cunts, did you guys see the athleticism involved?! 10/10, footballing genius, they might as well erect a statue at the Emirates in his honour. Qualitah! Jermahn Defoe though... Need I say more? Everything that lives, baby, dies someday. Except flowers, those fuckers bloom again. Defoe is a flower. He has had a short barren stint, but that shit is bloomin. A beautiful rose bush emitting a fragrance enamoured with footballing greatness. Even a blind mole burrowing underneath the San Siro could sense that there was a second coming taking place above him, and this time he is a fuckin' Yiddo!

Wooohoooo. The fucking best team in world does it again. Inspiring its supporters and humilating our detractors. There's only one Tottenham Hotspur and we do things the fucking Spursy way. Cast aside your illustrious notions and then get even more illustrious ones, because we of Spurs have set our sights very high...
This seems to be some sort of elaborate ruse.

I think you're right. I think he has his eye on a medal and he deserves it. I think the people who give him stick have to remember that he is like 40,000 years old or something and has had to adapt to a very different style of play than he is used to. I dont think he is suited to that style of play - that may just be his age - but still, to be fair he has got on with it, done his job. Personally, I wouldnt play Gallas at the same time, I think its asking for trouble cause you need defenders with pace to make up for Freidel being 40,000 years old.
Am i the only one who thought tonight that he is filling out a bit in the face, though?

I would have melted Gallas for glue before he joined but he has done a bit of a job for us but not this year. He is utter crud. Its only because Boas is scared of seeing him cry that gets him the gig imo.

Brad on the other hand deserves his place. He has had some amazing performances in the cup whereas Gallas is just a liability.

Hugo is the number 1 and maybe for the final........

I dont know. So long as Brad got a medal that would be fair dinkum imo.

Has this slice of prophecy from page 11 been brought to attention yet?

:adeohshit:
199.jpg

I would have melted Gallas for glue before he joined but he has done a bit of a job for us but not this year. He is utter crud. Its only because Boas is scared of seeing him cry that gets him the gig imo.

Brad on the other hand deserves his place. He has had some amazing performances in the cup whereas Gallas is just a liability.

Hugo is the number 1 and maybe for the final........

I dont know. So long as Brad got a medal that would be fair dinkum imo.
I think giving the number one shirt back to Lloris at this late stage would be bad form. Yes I know it is a business and there is no I in team, but, fucking hell. I was in the crowd that thought that Hugo should be between the sticks from the beginning. Brad has got us this far, albeit, losing all our finger nails. I think he deserves the carrot that is a euro winners medal. He can't be blamed for the team that is in front of him, and lets face it, he got let down big time tonight. Hopefully everyone involved will learn from tonight's debacle and as a result it will be onwards and upwards. I will admit I was slating Brad tonight, but when you look back at the game, as I have done, he didn't perform too badly, considering the cuntish back passes he had to deal with.

Watching the Adebayor goal again you'll notice he was a split second from being ruled offside before his falling on his arse tap in.

jesus, get us some strikers in the summer.

seems to me that being "a split second from being ruled offside" is exactly where we want our strikers to be all of the time.

after all, he was in position to score the match-winning goal.

which he did.

haters ...

:vdvshh:

He played well mate. There is no doubt on that.

I just think for the final.....

And I reckon he will still get a medal a la Terry.

Gallas can absolutely fuck off though. His worst ever game for us and thats saying something.

There is sentiment and there are passengers. I will be very disappointed to see him in a Spurs shirt again.

I expect to be disappointed though

You are criticizing him for being in the perfect position??!!

I think what he is trying to say is he fell into the position as opposed to attacking the ball.

Watch the replay. His face was as surprised as mine watching him lunge at the ball.

It was hardly a poachers goal. He was on his arse as the ball hit his foot

Sorry, Ade did not play well.

One long overdue goal can't change that. His head isn't right, and his form is such that he's stuck on trying to do his best Torres impression, i.e. "scared to shoot."

after all, he was in position to score the match-winning goal.

which he did.

But, we lost...

2 goals @7m each.

Yeah... Haters....

Grow up mate and watch the game

Hm. I think you're missing the point.
I'm not saying Ade has earned his money. Or even that he's deserving of a SPURS shirt these days.

But he scored the match-winning fucking goal.
(Thanks to Dembele, sure.)
And now we slag him off for being in position to score the match-winning fucking goal ...

Explain that to me.

:avbcringe:

We did?
Shit, I thought we made Quarters.

Or is Ade to blame for Gallas and Walker and Naughton too?
Yea, we made it to the quarter finals, but we lost this match.

More to the point, we got our fucking asses handed to us, and the players hardly seemed to care.

No, Ade is only to blame for his own performance. One clumsy as shit goal doesn't change the fact that he had a poor game. Still, better than Defoe, but he did not play well.

The ball fell at his feet. It would've been a joke if he hadn't taken a pop, but he did so in a manner that gives me no great confidence in his abilities, any more. FFS, the guy fell over on his ass and practically fluffed it into the net completely by accident.

Hm. I think you're missing the point.
I'm not saying Ade has earned his money. Or even that he's deserving of a SPURS shirt these days.

But he scored the match-winning fucking goal.
(Thanks to Dembele, sure.)
And now we slag him off for being in position to score the match-winning fucking goal ...

Explain that to me.

:avbcringe:

Hellfire, I'm not slagging him off for his goal per se. I'm just saying we shouldn't now be eulogising him for being that far up the pitch and falling over.

It wasn't a poachers goal, it wasn't a strikers goal. It was an instinctive leg lunge whilst he was on his arse that got us the goal. Even if we win the cup it will still not cover his wages.

He looked stunned that it happened. My argument is without him and without spending the silly money we have on him, probably about 28m to 30m for 3 years we could have a player that will work for the club.

He is at best an accidental hero. Thats the best I can give.

You can say hater, I will say I watch the game

Yea, we made it to the quarter finals, but we lost this match.

More to the point, we got our fucking asses handed to us, and the players hardly seemed to care.

No, Ade is only to blame for his own performance. One clumsy as shit goal doesn't change the fact that he had a poor game. Still, better than Defoe, but he did not play well.

The ball fell at his feet. It would've been a joke if he hadn't taken a pop, but he did so in a manner that gives me no great confidence in his abilities, any more. FFS, the guy fell over on his ass and practically fluffed it into the net completely by accident.

Point to you.
You're right on all accounts.

I'm just saying, criticize Ade for a shit performance and/or a shit year and/or shit technique on his tie-winning goal.

Just don't criticize him for being "almost offside."
Because that's where you want your strikers to be, generally.

Back
Top Bottom