Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's so strange how some people are now eager to laud the last 4/5 years when those same people spent that actual time complaining how shit it was.

EDIT: This post touched a nerve...? Colour me suprised. :pocheyes:

EDIT: Wow.... Magically the 'disagree' magically turned into a LOL post-edit. Revisionism seems to be a specialty. :dawsonlol:

Last edited:
That's what happens when you get complacent and rest on your laurels

That is what we did and we are now suffering for it

You only have to look at a large number of our fans on here a couple of years back claiming it was fine when we signed no one because " we are miles better than the likes of liverpool " and "who could we sign that is better than what we have" and other such bullshit

Fans really believed that we were now established CL elites and would always be up there

And I genuinely think the club felt the same way, things change quickly in football , take your eye off the ball for just a short time and look what can happen

4 or 5 years of hard work basically up in smoke and not a single piece of silverware to show for it

Completely agree mate. I said before I fear this team will be the best team ever to not achieve anything. Not in particular today’s team because it’s a shadow of our side 2/3 seasons ago, but the team in general since it’s been an established CL side. We have nothing to our name and I fear that’s unfortunately where it ends for this side. Our best chance to push on was after the Leicester season. We were title contenders and so close to winning major silverware. We never fully pushed on since and we have gone a downward spiral ever since. Last season we could of done a Leicester and achieved the impossible by winning the CL, but as per usual when it truly mattered, Spurs went hiding and the true winners in Liverpool ended up with the trophy. But, that unfortunately is Spurs all over. They have forgotten what it’s like as a club to be successful. Today is a prime example of how this team cracks at any given opportunity.

It's so strange how some people are now eager to laud the last 4/5 years when those same people spent that actual time complaining how shit it was.
Disappointing considering we won nothing but not shit

In hindsight maybe some didn't appreciate at the time just how good we were to watch for those few years and I would put myself in that category

Players I thought did well overall were Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Davies, even though a couple of them made a slip up or two. The rest were so so. Lo Celso looked crafty and I kinda like Gedson, I think he has good potential for a young kid cutting his teeth in a new league.
Aurier gives with one hand and takes away with the other, proper Tottenham full back, scares the shit out of me every game.

not at all. Some of us complained the team needed strengthening and god how right we were. You were part of the group that felt the club were good enough to compete, when clearly the club needed to build upon the team to actually win silverware. This never happened and now we are a Europa league side.

not at all. Some of us complained the team needed strengthening and god how right we were. You were part of the group that felt the club were good enough to compete, when clearly the club needed to build upon the team to actually win silverware. This never happened and now we are a Europa league side.

You've been pissing and moaning for years you fraud.

and you’re a deluded bitter old cunt. See, I can laugh at your posts to. It’s so funny!!!!!! I’m Assfix

You have a really messed up notion of "bitter"... Much like your twisted idea of what "jealous" means.

Don't pretend... You enjoy nothing about supporting this club. You're screwing every step of the way. It's such a chore for you. Grow a pair and walk away you pussy.

Kane hasn’t played for 6 months, what were people expecting? A midfield that can’t pass the ball is more of an issue.

Take that into account, as well as his well documented slow start to seasons and I can’t really believe people are shocked that in a game where we didn’t see much of the ball that Harry couldn’t fire. The next few games will be very different given our opposition

A well disciplined performance with no individual errors. The pen was borderline and Pogba played for it.

At least the players can execute Mourinho's game plan.

Lack of quality from Kane and Son meant we didn't go on to win. There were plenty of opportunities for them, particularly Son, who had a poor touch and awful time of runs.

Alli and Moura still to return.

Lamela like a new signing.

COYS

Let’s be honest, it wasn’t a horrendous performance or a result for that matter, but we had to win that to stand any chance of 5th and a potential CL place. That’s gone now.

But, I don’t actually think we are good enough for the CL anyway and Levy isn’t harbouring any ambition of signing anyone notable this summer, so it will be basically the same team going into next season. This teams not good enough and certainly not a CL team.

We just can’t hold onto a lead no matter how well we defend, it’s virtually impossible for us to hold a lead. So, I’m content with the fact that we should get Europa league next season as that’s what we have become, a Europa league side now. I think it will be a long time unfortunately before we see Spurs in the CL again because I fear there are 5/6 teams better than us and they will only get better.

I think us and Woolwich are not far off, with us being marginally better. That’s not good enough really is it where you consider where we were as a club 2 seasons ago.
Compare us to Woolwich two years ago is bad enough, but compare us to to Liverpool 3 years ago is fucking cringe worthy....

Probably expecting more than 1 touch in the first half.
Didn't him and Rashford have 9 touches in the first half. I remember sky showing Sissoko having 10 touches which is very low for a CM. Kane was poor, no doubt. But Lamela could have played him and Son through on a couple of occasions. I have never seen someone so left footed.

Kane hasn’t played for 6 months, what were people expecting? A midfield that can’t pass the ball is more of an issue.
Every single time he plays poorly, people say this. "But Aurier was worse!" like yeah, no fucking shit.

Kane was very poor today. Other were too. But only Kane gets this magic immunity to all criticism - why?

He's sadly a shadow of his former self. Needs to play less minutes. Otherwise he will decline very quickly, he's already lost a lot of pace and mobility and a lot of fans seem to be in complete denial about it.

Every single time he plays poorly, people say this. "But Aurier was worse!" like yeah, no fucking shit.

Kane was very poor today. Other were too. But only Kane gets this magic immunity to all criticism - why?

He's sadly a shadow of his former self. Needs to play less minutes. Otherwise he will decline very quickly, he's already lost a lot of pace and mobility and a lot of fans seem to be in complete denial about it.
I would like to know about this immunity to criticism Kane gets. He played poorly, everyone has said that so what's your beef?

We all now what the real issue is. You just want to have a go at Kane for whatever reason.

You what. How is he greedy. No one will say take me off coach. Kane will give it his all. That's his job. The coach can see the game as a whole and individual players and do HIS job. Kane did not look in good shape even once training resumed and certainly was nowhere any kind of sharpness. Jose wanted to keep everyone behind the ball. And so Kane will drop deeper and cannot be effective. Our bench is also shit. Who will you put on for Kane??
Plenty of players have asked to be taken off when they have been gassed. Sometimes you realise on the day that you don't have the legs. As hard as you might try coming back from 6 months without play is no easy task.

Of course he gave his best, its the minimum I expect from all players. Also JM has to see his fitness levels. He said himself in the post match interview they had no legs. Which makes it even more crazy that he only used 2/5 subs.
He could have put Sess on LM and moved Son up front. That would have provided Davies with some help, after all their penalty came from our left side.
Hell he could have just put Tanguy up there for 15 minutes, he played there in the practice match last week and can shield the ball, he won't run the channels or anything but at least there is an out ball, instead of being camped on the edge of our box.

Can't see us getting 5th. Just don't seem to have that bit extra to win games. Still 8 games left but have some tough games left.
Plenty of players have asked to be taken off when they have been gassed. Sometimes you realise on the day that you don't have the legs. As hard as you might try coming back from 6 months without play is no easy task.

Of course he gave his best, its the minimum I expect from all players. Also JM has to see his fitness levels. He said himself in the post match interview they had no legs. Which makes it even more crazy that he only used 2/5 subs.
He could have put Sess on LM and moved Son up front. That would have provided Davies with some help, after all their penalty came from our left side.
Hell he could have just put Tanguy up there for 15 minutes, he played there in the practice match last week and can shield the ball, he won't run the channels or anything but at least there is an out ball, instead of being camped on the edge of our box.

No. No one asks to come off unless injured.its down to the head coach. Simple

Back
Top Bottom