Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You weren't even watching? ...Just posting random grumbles as the match went on?

What's more.... "We are always going to lose we are Tottenham." - You don't think that's gonna iritate people that care enough to have actually watched the game? .....Those that appreciate our wins enough to to acknowledge them when games don't go our way?

I was right. "Sort yerself out".
I have told you before that I don't care about us much these days and for that you can blame old Danny boy.
I do still go to games a few times a season as I take one of my grandsons, it's important that he gets ingrained in the ways of constant failure too.:harrylol:
On a more positive note mate no need to get upset as my poking fun at the club gets me through the day, friends of mine who support other clubs take the piss out of us for obvious reasons, so it's all good mate we will wait for the next game and see what joys await us.

So football is back. It's been a while since I last uncontrollably shouted "get the fuck in", or had that sinking feeling as their pen hit the back of the net.

Lloris was excellent. Some big blocks from Dier restoring my faith in him somewhat too.
De Gea stopping that Son back post header prevented us from taking 3 points for me.
As a Spurs fan it's easy to disagree with their awarded pen.

Forgot how much I hate commentators though. My blood was boiling at the endless praise they gave Pogba, Fernandes and Rashford. It was pathetic to the point of being cringe worthy.

With the defeats we have suffered this season, this game wouldn't have looked out of place added to the list, so we take a point and move on.

Champions league qualification is certainly still to be played for.

Anyone else disgusted by SkySports bias for that game
No ex-Tottenham player and all the analaysis was about United.

Now to my thoughts on the game. Well I don't know what to think , Instead I'll put some Positives and Negatives because right now my feelings is meh. 1 point is probably decent especially given its the first game back and how bad we were previously.
Positives :
- Decent Defending until Dier mistake
- Good individual performances from Lloris and Bergwijn
-Gameplan nearly worked
-Got fitness which is important
-Mourinho didn't really have a bench so he couldn't change the bench
-When you think about it , Mourinho parked the bus to combat their counter-attacking strategy this makes sense.
- A lot better than Pre-COVID
Negatives :
- Another individual error , I'm tired of this.
- Kane and Son were very very poor , saying that they had little service and they just came back from injury
- it was an awful watch.
- Mourinho's team selection wasn't great.
- Midfield got dominated by United's
- For a home game we shouldn't be so defensive.
- Lamela very sloppy
- Mourinho did not use any of his subs well at all , bought of all his attacking players and then concedes , didn't see that one coming.
-No Ndombele
But we have West Ham next and you'd think with Moura and Dele likely to be avialable and there not being a need to player crap football we can play much much better.
If you think that we cant play any worse, then you haven't supported us long enough.
:levylol: :kanehand:

So football is back. It's been a while since I last uncontrollably shouted "get the fuck in", or had that sinking feeling as their pen hit the back of the net.

Lloris was excellent. Some big blocks from Dier restoring my faith in him somewhat too.
De Gea stopping that Son back post header prevented us from taking 3 points for me.
Eh, it was in the middle of the goal?

I see, I thought it was a decent header but every keeper should be saving that.

Yeah sure, but it was a great position to take up, spot, cross and decent header for a player not really known for scoring with his head. He hit the target, sent it back across the goal, and they often go in.
It wasn't so much praise for De Gea, but more a suitable way to describe the situation. It would feel unfair to say 'the header Son missed'.

Why is my cat still hiding in the corner, I’m over it already.
(Not)
But daftly perhaps, I still believe that we have enough good players to beat anyone on any given day.
So, over to the manager .....

If Dele and Lucas has been available then Jose could have brought Gedson, Lucas, and Lamela on for the tired legs. The forwards being tired in the second half took away our ability to press
I'd agree with that except from the very start of the 2nd half we sat back and only tried to defend.
If we had done that from, say, the 69th minute it would be understandable

I'd agree with that except from the very start of the 2nd half we sat back and only tried to defend.
If we had done that from, say, the 69th minute it would be understandable

Yes it was shocking to see us defending with 10 men compressed between the edge of our penalty box and the edge of the centre circle (in our half).

Dier tried to get us out but we really need an on-field captain to get us all to push up. Lloris can't do it from the goal.

Defending so deep and compressed (with Kane and Son constantly in our own half) only invites pressure with the inevitable consequences. There is no get out other than the lump upfield and loss of possession and more pressure. Surely the manager and coaches can see this and get instructions onto the field?

I said to my mate before the game that I just hope we put some effort in and can visibly see a defensive improvement.

We did both and I was really impressed with Dier up until that penalty. I would be happy to give him a new contract at CB.

I don’t mind us setting up to play on the counter in big games like that as long as we are on the front foot in the smaller games.

Back
Top Bottom