Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly let him add a couple then we can judge, if I'm wrong I will seek you out and apologise
It's not about being right or having to apologise.

It's about him so far being shite. Playing shite football without the results. The deal was that the pro-Jose crowd all welcomed him because he's "a winner" and will win us trophies, and will stomach his crap football in return of the shiny tins. He's got us knocked out of FA Cup, CL and will probably not secure us European football next season whilst playing his crap football.

What has he done that's positive about if we play tragic football AND not win 60% of the games he's played?

"Mourinho has just launched an amazingly detailed defence of his record with strikers after Paul Merson said Kane would not score 25-30 goals a season under him. Mourinho listed the goals/games records of Drogba, Ronaldo, Benzema, Milito & Zlatan under him. Mourinho finished by saying: "So dear Paul, I have lots of respect for you. I think Harry Kane has no problem at all to score goals in my teams, especially when he’s fit and fresh and has routines of playing. That’s my message to somebody I have lots of respect for."

I wish he finished by saying Paul your a fat ugly pisshead, if I looked like you I'd be hitting the drink hard too
LOL the bloke has fucked up all the numbers in his "amazingly detailed response"..................

It's getting embarrassing now.

If he doesn't change his attitude, he should be sold IMO. His workrate would be a massive issue at any other big club that broke a transfer record to sign him. How it can be ignored is ridiculous.

Off the ball is critical in midfield, especially defensively.

Fair point. If we are gonna continue with a defensive no possession based tactic, I can't really come up with any arguments keeping Ndombele.

Jose is negative, he moans in every press conference about something or another. His football is negative. His results are negative?

What is there to be positive about? Please list them, change my mind.

I'm not trying to change your mind as to whether you like him.

You're just extremely selective in terms of how you portray our points vs table-position..... Whatever way looks worse, that's the way you spin it.

Been here before can't be arsed with another ten post game of tennis over it.... Any other subject I'm happy as larry to chat with you, but not this.... I'd rather just call it for what it is and move on.

Serious question. To any player out there with real quality and talent who is not happy at his current club, how attractive (marks out of 10) do you think the prospect of joining Spurs is with the current management set up ? as opposed to say the likes of Leicester, Man Utd and Chelsea. Personally I'd give us a 5.

So we believe about all the failures he wanted but anyone half decent was unrealistic? I think the original point if there was one was that he wasnt backed enough for someone delivering regular champions league football.

No... I've just addressed them everything you've mentioned on face value.

As for the latter point, that was the job at hand whislt the stadium was being built... He knew that and publicly backed the project.

Rightly or wrongly? What could possibly have been “right” about us failing to pay the money for a player of Manés quality? It has to be one of our biggest transfer fuck ups of the last decade, and that really is saying something!

It would have made him our highest paid player at the time.... As I'd already noted this was before our lads all got pay hikes. If you think we could have in fact afforded those wages without upsetting the existing pay structure and caused mutiny amongst our best players then fine; rather than be indignant about my phrasing go ahead and quantify your case.

It would have made him our highest paid player at the time.... As I'd already noted this was before our lads all got pay hikes. If you think we could have in fact afforded those wages without upsetting the existing pay structure and caused mutiny amongst our best players then fine; rather than be indignant about my phrasing go ahead and quantify your case.
Back then, I thought Mane was just a headless chicken. Which goes to show that I don't always know what I'm talking about.

:mourcry:

Serious question. To any player out there with real quality and talent who is not happy at his current club, how attractive (marks out of 10) do you think the prospect of joining Spurs is with the current management set up ? as opposed to say the likes of Leicester, Man Utd and Chelsea. Personally I'd give us a 5.
Take the management set up out of the equation just in general we always seem to be up against it when a top quality player is available or likely to be available we are linked every time but never ever get the player......name the last player who we‘ve landed that we managed negotiate with and came to us rather than a ‘bigger’ team and has turned out to be excellent for us.

No... I've just addressed them everything you've mentioned on face value.

As for the latter point, that was the job at hand whislt the stadium was being built... He knew that and publicly backed the project.
Fact is he wanted many players, some have turned out rubbish, several have turned out well. Its only fair to include them all, not pick out the rubbish to show he couldnt spot a player and dismiss the better ones. Quite frankly i find this belittling of Poch very strange. He had his faults, the loan system being his main one in my view but i think its fair to say he was our best manager since Burkinshaw. His time had run its course and he had to go but to see his faults being used as some sort of human shield to protect Mourinho's inadequacies is bizzare. Perhaps we could use this Mourinho thread to talk about Mourinho and all the joy he is bringing to the club.

Back then, I thought Mane was just a headless chicken. Which goes to show that I don't always know what I'm talking about.

:mourcry:

TBF, very few here were banging his drum particularly hard until after he went to the Dippers and it was concluded that we ended up with Sissoko instead.

Last edited:
What has that got to do with the questions you and about 4 other posters refuse to answer about Jose and how he is doing at Spurs? The silence is deafening.

I'm happy with how he has done so far. Before Poch left I said this season was a write off because the team is going through a massive rebuild with aging players wanting to leave, or out of contract, or not good enough. The squad had gaping holes that we hadn't addressed. Even if Poch had stayed he would have struggled to do any better

I know what Mourinho is all about and what we've seen so far is no different to what I expected. The big change I wanted by hiring him was to put pressure on Levy for us to buy big players ready to slot in now. However that's not going to happen now is it.

So, how old are you and when did you start supporting Spurs. I'm 44 and I became a fan in 1989. Seen a lot of shit football, average managers, lack of success in the last 31 years

Take the management set up out of the equation just in general we always seem to be up against it when a top quality player is available or likely to be available we are linked every time but never ever get the player......name the last player who we‘ve landed that we managed negotiate with and came to us rather than a ‘bigger’ team and has turned out to be excellent for us.

That's largely due to the pecking order.... The food chain if you like.

In the simplest of terms if a richer and/or more successful team are in for you, why would you come here?

Tough question.

Fact is he wanted many players, some have turned out rubbish, several have turned out well. Its only fair to include them all, not pick out the rubbish to show he couldnt spot a player and dismiss the better ones.

I've picked/listed no players; just responding on a case by case basis....

Quite frankly i find this belittling of Poch very strange. He had his faults, the loan system being his main one in my view but i think its fair to say he was our best manager since Burkinshaw.

Loved the guy, didn't want him sacked.... Now the 'romantic' attachment has eased a little I feel more comfortable in being critical about certain things, BUT....

His time had run its course and he had to go but to see his faults being used as some sort of human shield to protect Mourinho's inadequacies is bizarre.

I'm not doing that in ANY way shape or form.... If you disagree, then pls show me where.

Perhaps we could use this Mourinho thread to talk about Mourinho and all the joy he is bringing to the club.

Were you equally as impatient with Poch during his first sticky few months or so?

Jose: We're further up the league than when he first arrived... Slow progress; sure, but not without reason.... That reason being mass-injury inc. our best 2 players.

If I were a good player at Spurs right now, and I wanted to compete for the big prizes, I would be on to my agent.

For good players looking at us as a new home, I would see us a stepping stone-the only hiccup being that it could quite easily turn into Hotel California. On account of the chairman, like.

What marks would you give the others tho (for context)....

Back
Top Bottom