Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks!
If you're beaten, then have the good grace to accept it and say 'well done'.

I couldn't give a shit what Utd said or didn't say to City.
And there is our problem in my opinion, let's be good loosers because that's all we know....
None of the big clubs that have or even used to win act like that and neither do their fans...
They only care about their club, fuck everyone else.
Its called a winning mentality. Obviously we or you don't understand that, its not your fault though we have owners that have allowed us to accept the mediocre and some fans that believe that this is football. Accepting second best well 3rd or 4th best in our case is not a winning mentality imo

And there is our problem in my opinion, let's be good loosers because that's all we know....
None of the big clubs that have or even used to win act like that and neither do their fans...
Its called a winning mentality. Obviously we or you don't understand that, its not your fault though we have owners that have allowed us to accept the mediocre and some fans that believe that this is football. Accepting second best well 3rd or 4th best in our case is not a winning mentality imo
You are clueless mate and lost ALL credibility when you said the nearest we came to winning the title was when we finished 3rd and 11 points behind Leicester.

Don't bother me again with your childish outlook on life or your poor knowledge about Spurs. Thanks.

Pure bollocks right there. Pochettino had a team and squad capable of winning trophies he completely failed because he didn't have a winning mentality. Spurs failed because he was not good enough. Give Mourinho next season and he will win us a trophy guranteed

He gave Poch the tools to succeed.
Did he bollocks. Poch got the best out of the meagre budget Levy afforded him.

Tell me, what tools did he give Poch between the end of the january window 2018 through to the end of the January window 2019, while all our rivals were breaking their transfer records multiple times over to strengthen their squads.

And why do you prefer to back a CEO who likes to keep reminding the peasants we have to get over our obsession with spending money, than a manager who cried out for the club to be brave and was rewarded with one and a half years of £0.00p investment.

It's this kind of thing that makes us the butt of so many jokes.

I just find it really bizarre.

Last edited:
Pure bollocks right there. Pochettino had a team and squad capable of winning trophies he completely failed because he didn't have a winning mentality. Spurs failed because he was not good enough. Give Mourinho next season and he will win us a trophy guranteed
So do you think Levy has a winning mentality? Shall we blame Poch for all the failures from 2000 to 2015 while we're about it?.

You're talking shite, pal...Shite at it's finest.

If Mourinho fails to win the trophy you just guarenteed, who you pointing the finger at then. Harry fucking Redknapp?

You are clueless mate and lost ALL credibility when you said the nearest we came to winning the title was when we finished 3rd and 11 points behind Leicester.

Don't bother me again with your childish outlook on life or your poor knowledge about Spurs. Thanks.
Good response mate..3rd or 2nd neither mean anything. As I said we havd all become used to no ambition and just accept it

Spurs revenue - £460.7m

Dippers - £533m
That’s half the story. The real difference is wages. Think we were averaging £70k when they were well over £100k.

Fact remains they were more football focused than we were with the stadium build going on. C’est la vie.
The fact also remains that we will never have their spending power with FFP in place.

Last edited:
I'm supporting him. Even though I don't like the geezer.

But if we become the very first club he fails at in 20 years of management, it'll be really interesting to see where the Poch detractors point their slippery fingers.

And will those who steadfastly support Levy finally admit they're backing a loser.

Interesting times ahead.
This doesnt even need to be detabed. We have players who've had success with their countries, at other clubs, etc and now we have one of the most decorated managers of all time. If we still dont succeed, then obviously its the owners who'd be failing. I still feel like Mourinho will win stuff for us.

I think this could well be the first time Mourinho fails to win a trophy at one of his clubs.

He won't get the support he's become accustomed to and I think there is far more work that needs to be done with the squad than he realised when he took over.
Tottenham isn’t the club for him on any level. Financial power, expected style and ethos. None of it makes sense

So do you think Levy has a winning mentality? Shall we blame Poch for all the failures from 2000 to 2015 while we're about it?.

You're talking shite, pal...Shite at it's finest.

If Mourinho fails to win the trophy you just guarenteed, who you pointing the finger at then. Harry fucking Redknapp?
What i don't do is blame levy for managers and players failures. Did levy need to invest another 200 million for us to get past Portsmouth in the f.a cup all those years ago? And pochettino had a squad good enough to win stuff year in year out
Your the one talking shite could more money of been invested and been invested better of course but we've had teams good enough to win trophies throughout the years and have failed because of bad tactics and bad performances from players when it mattered
Now we have an elite manager with a winning mentality I fully expect a trophy when he has a full season with us

Too funny

Well its the only season i actually had a tiny bit of belief we may win it. Even if we finished second a year later, I didn't think we had a chance of winning that year. The year leicester won it, before Xmas we really looked like we had a chance. But we blew it and then started to go backwards. If you want to stick your head in the sand over this then fine, but that was our best and only chance even though it was a fleeting one.. in 16/17 es we were second but realistically were never going to beat Chelsea and you know it. So throwing the..but we finished second so you are clueless is a false argument. Yes it was second not third, but none of us thought we were going to win that season unlike the year before..

Spurs revenue - £460.7m

Dippers - £

The fact also remains that we will never have their spending power with FFP in place.

Yeah. 100%

As their net spend may be the same but they can attract players with higher wages. And with their title win and COVID I Expect that gap will increase.

We are not on there level. It’s that simple

Klopp lost just as many big games in his Liverpool tenure before summer 2018 - you know where Liverpool went big and built on what he’d already done.

Pochettino overachieved massively in N17/Wembley and his successor is hammering that point home.

200.gif

Spurs revenue - £460.7m

Dippers - £

Why not.

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

We're only just behind them.

And we're ahead of the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Dortmund, Juventus and many others who will invest more in their playing squad than us.

We have the revenue. We have a manager who wins trophies at every club he manages.

There can be no more excuses.

Klopp lost just as many big games in his Liverpool tenure before summer 2018 - you know where Liverpool went big and built on what he’d already done.

Pochettino overachieved massively in N17/Wembley and his successor is hammering that point home.

Overachieved?

Had one of the best teams in the league for 3 season.

Won the grand total of nothing.

Got knocked out by Gent over 2 legs in the Europa, beaten by the likes of Leicester, Palace in the FA cup and knocked out by Colchester in the league cup.

During his tenure we were the only top 6 side not to win anything - an inferior Woolwich side won 2 FA cups. An inferior United team won an FA cup, League Cup and UEFA cup.

The only thing the man excelled at was convincing many that he was was responsible for that team and this was all down to him. And guess what happened when that team matured? He got sacked with the club 14th in the league with none of his highly expensive signings showing any worth.

But if only Levy had given him more money.......

The fact that people keep on saying this when the man had a prime Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Son, Dembele, Vertonghen, Alderwield, Walker etc really does say it all.

By saying that you are actually making the case that he was always the weak link in the chain.

Back
Top Bottom