Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A shit show really.

The defending for the second and third goal especially.

It really is Sunday league stuff, covering your near post as a centre back - no clue what Dier was looking at for the second.
For the third, Alli and Jan marking the same player and a typical flimsy Son challenge (has he ever made a tackle) and then more statues in the box.

We thought we were getting somewhere with the defence but that is really worrying. The league is done it's time to experiment a bit to find something that works ahead of next season.

Going forward we are just so static. The attackers don't move when midfielders have the ball and that is what you need to break down a deep defence. Look at how City manage it, busy intelligent players constantly on the move. We have Kane, Son and Lucas usually standing behind a defender, pointing or jogging.

I think we just have to accept the reality of where we are as a team now. We have regressed to the point where 8th is probably about right. We have better individuals than a lot of the teams around us but we are non-existent as a unit.

The VAR decision was farcical but we didn't deserve to win the game.

Lo Celso was absolutely shit as well BTW and slipped every time he had the ball. He can't play in a midfield 2 imo.

Its not that he can't play in a midfield two its that he can't do the job of two midfielders.

He was forced to play way too deep and then do Sissoko's job as well because Sissoko can't do anything with the ball.

I am not sure how people can shit on GLC for playing out of position, having to take on two roles and then being the only player out there capable of making a pass.

Any complaints about GLC should not be about the player but about how much it shows the massive holes we have on this team.

As if the past 3 months haven't been bad enough..... now Spurs are back!
I forgot how it felt to feel this disappointed about the club I love...
NOW I remember!

we need a fresh rebuild. a maanger who doesn't resort to sitting back and being negative. I hate our style of play at the minute. watching paint dry is more fun. I'm sorry but if we arnt investing this summer it will just be the same shit another season

That 2nd half was a disgrace. No idea how to break them down, terrible defending, some woeful individual displays.

What a shitshow of a season.

Jose persisted in playing a formation BUILT to protect 1-0 leads- except he didn't realize WE were losing 1-0, not the other way around. Really pathetic management decisions from him today. I feel like this is a major setback and disappointment.

I tend to be quite positive and defend players a lot but that was just terrible. We need to shift to 433, get Skipp, Ndombele and Lo Celso together. Our full backs should stay back until we can defend for more than 2 matches in a row.

Edit: I am aware Lo Celso was shit today.

His tactics and use of subs have been abysmal the last 3 games, in my view.

I even said before the game today that today will show us whether or not we've actually worked on our defensive shape or not and whether Man Utd were just poor offensively against us (barely created anything from open play) and West Ham are just shit.

Turns out Man Utd were just poor on the day and West Ham are just shit.

Lucas should NOT be starting games.
Sissoko isn't a central midfielder.
4231 hasn't worked in 3 years.

The mind boggles.

Sadly, it's likely we'll get Dele back in the line-up on Saturday and it wouldn't surprise me if Lucas starts again.
Lucas (I love him but will happily say he shouldn't start the next game) is clearly a Mourinho favourite and it's to our detriment.

We had some stupid% possession and a handful of shots on goal: every team struggle against masses defence: SFU are rising high in the league take a lot of points playing like this. The fault is not ENIC, but our defenders switching off (Sanchez, Aurier, Davies especially). GLC needed to impose himself a little more.

That’s why we lost. They’re international defenders: they should be able to stay goal side.

How can you say at this point the fault isn't ENIC? How many managers have they sacked? How many times have they failed to back managers at key moments to improve us? How many times have they put profit ahead of success on the pitch?

Yeah, it's not their fault we played shit on the pitch on game day, that's the manager and the players fault but overall, the bigger picture is that THEIR decisions have led us to where we are right now.

And they are the only ones who never fall on the sword, it's time they did, fuck them.

Team Heat map has been published

BqNMOeyIIAAu5yt.jpg

We had some stupid% possession and a handful of shots on goal: every team struggle against masses defence: SFU are rising high in the league take a lot of points playing like this. The fault is not ENIC, but our defenders switching off (Sanchez, Aurier, Davies especially). GLC needed to impose himself a little more.

That’s why we lost. They’re international defenders: they should be able to stay goal side.

And not ball watch

Basics even for a 12 yr old school side

Fucking fuming 😤

Back
Top Bottom