Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if that is true that you love having footballers with exceptional ability strut their stuff then why are you focusing on the manager and not the fact that we have maybe 1 guy that fits that description. because you can bring in 100 managers but with the current squad you will have zero footballers with exceptional ability strutting their stuff as the only guy who can do it has to track back to get the ball to himself, if he isn't already too tired from snuffing out the repeated corners and free kicks his teammates give away.
Is Daniel paying you by the word or what?

At the end of the day, he was appointed to get a tune out of the players we have, not those we might have in the future - his job was to dig us out of the mess that Poch had left us in.

Apart from a relatively minor new manager bounce, which we could've seen under anyone, we've actually fucking regressed.

The charming, changed man act lasted all of a couple of months - too late now though, there's no chance Levy actually has the stones to admit he made a mistake, and there's no way Jose walks away without a massive lump of cash.

We're fucked for the foreseeable.

Can't enjoy watching Spurs again till this fucker has gone. Next season may as well be cancelled as far as I'm concerned if he's still here. He has nothing to offer, just out dated low block bollocks. He played Levy for an absolute mug.

Jose likes to give every player massive defensive responsibilities. It's no wonder our attack is lacking potency.

When he has the very best players in the world being ridiculously clinical (especially big game players) - it has won him many trophies as we all know.
We have a set of players that's better than 9th in the table, capable of better football than we have been watching, but we don't have the absolute quality nor mentality required to pull off 0 error counter attacks .

It's all on Mourinho for me - it's him using players to fit a system rather than getting the best from the players available. For this to work, the players need significant time playing these roles, or to be replaced at great cost. I would love for it to work just I honestly don't think it will unfortunately.

Mourinho names Greenwood in Champions League squad for first time.

Greenwood signs professional deal despite interest from Dortmund.

Nicky Butt on Mourinho and the academy.

Well he's fucking right, look at the state of the squad.

Could be refs, could be the FA, could be Levy, could be all fucking three...and he'd still be right.

It probably is all three let's be honest.

Also, as shit as Jose is doing currently people are deluding themselves if they think anything is going to change just by hiring another manager, Poch was the greatest manager we had in years and the wheels even fell off for him, the players weren't interested and the reality is the biggest issue at this football club are the OWNERS, they are the ones holding this club back on the pitch, WHERE IT MATTERS.

People need to understand the reality, the owners are the issue, no amount of managerial changes will fix our problems long term, we need owners who want success and trophies as a priority, not fucking NFL football and music concerts as a priority.

I just think that we can get a similar manager that has the qualities you like in Potter but that actually has success (outside of the Swedish 2nd division).

I think people fall in love with the ethos and personality like you mention and allow it to cloud over the actual on field results.

You are right he doesn't have those players but he didn't have significantly different players from Hughton or Steve Cooper and he got similar results to them with the same clubs.

The one thing I will say is that he has completely shifted that clubs style and management. He has taken a park the bus outfit and turned them into an offensively minded team.

I believe he has a 3w 1d 8L record against the top 6 this year. Looking at last year's record, I believe they only got one draw. I could be wrong in my quick calculation, but I am on mobile and don't know the best site to research this.

I agree, we need someone in that brings these qualities. I have a different stance on his abilities to succeed here.

But I would also say that many people on here wanted the Jose ethos and his success, but the tables are quickly turning.

Back
Top Bottom