Tottenham Vs Woolwich - Sun 12th July, 4:30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Part of me thinks it’s cruel to have him on there, watching him he is clearly not the full ticket to the point where I am not even sure he is responsible for his words or actions.

Don’t feel too sorry for him though- he doesn’t realise how daft he looks and ignorance is bliss as they say. It’s his relatives I feel sorry for

I think that if we're going to give them all justifiable grief for managing/playing like complete cunts in the run up to this, then we should give them an equal dose of praise for how they took on this game.

Take a bow Jose Mourinho, Harry Winks, Moussa Sissoko, Son Heung-Min, Toby Alderweireld and all the others that I and many others have cunted off over the past few weeks. You did us proud this afternoon in very difficult circumstances.

Tottenham salutes you.

:adesalute:

Post of the day!!

Fucked them. Happy daze. Can die a happy man. Told you all we’d smesh em. Horrible season for everyone really. Should never have restarted the season imo.
off to bed in a pissed up stupor.
Hahahhahahahahaha. Doesnt cover over the cracks but fuck it and fuck them

After watching this again, while Aurier was shit for most of this match, the first goal isnt all his fault. Locelso doesnt help at all and winks reacts really very late too. At least the initial bad control from Aurier was from trying to win theball.

He takes a shocking touch and then loses the challenge - that's all on Aurier.

But yes the rest of the team should always be ready to react to his fuck ups anyway.

After watching this again, while Aurier was shit for most of this match, the first goal isnt all his fault. Locelso doesnt help at all and winks reacts really very late too. At least the initial bad control from Aurier was from trying to win theball.
Thing is, you can probably criticise - like pundits do - half of the team in one way or another. Even so, if we adjusted al their "micro-mistakes" to our critique, Lacazette could still have skipped right or left and fired in his shot.

Sometimes you have to take it on the chin, it was a golazo.

Who was your MotM today? I think Winks edges it, as I exclusively predicted 25 minutes before kick off in answer to the tirade of abuse he was getting...

MotM from Harry Winks incoming

#WinksLoyal

Just in front of Toby especially and Sánchez, who were both excellent I thought, and Sissoko's second haf.

Who was your MotM today? I think Winks edges it, as I exclusively predicted 25 minutes before kick off in answer to the tirade of abuse he was getting...

MotM from Harry Winks incoming

#WinksLoyal

Just in front of Toby especially and Sánchez, who were both excellent I thought, and Sissoko's second haf.
I'd give it to Toby, hard to go against him with a goal and a solid defensive performance. I thought Lo Celso made some good runs with the ball and played some nice through balls too.

I’ve got Toby as MotM, just peerless on defense and obviously the winner.

But I would love to see Lucas’ heat map for the match. He played his heart out, and I love howJosé tactically set him up deeper—he created fewer traffic jams up top and tracked back repeatedly to great effect. A combination of great coaching and playing. (And I have not been a Lucas fan.)

Just watched the highlights on MOTD, and thank goodness that it was a slightly more balanced commentary, apart from them going on and on about possession. How many times have we "won" the possession contest and got sweet FA out of a game? The only statistic that matters is who scores one more goal than the opposition, the rest is mere fluff and means squat when it comes to getting points and winning trophies.

Back
Top Bottom