Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's be honest coming 6th with this team after we where 14th in the league and hadn't won away in a calendar year isn't that bad.

Wasn't pretty but fuck me if we want to improve at all we need to scrap Sissoko and Aurier 100% both are awful, winks needs moving to a bit part player also.

Serious work needs doing in the window let's hope the great bald one is up to that task

We’ve got into the Champions League final with Sissoko and Winks as midfielders. If you think the dinosaur deserves a statue for finishing 6th you’re fucking deluded.
Getting to the final isn’t an achievement in my eyes, unless you win it then it’s pointless! Any how considering where we were when poch was sacked, anyone but Jose coming in and us finishing 6th would be lauded , but because it’s jose he gets the hate , I for one will judge him next season when he has had a chance to bring in a few players.

So are we in no matter what? I though if Woolwich wins the FA cup we were out. TV saying we are in?

We are in.

If we finished 7th and Woolwich won then we would be out.

If Woolwich win FA we have to go to qualifying rounds, if Chelsea win we go straight to Group Stages.

Whatever people think, we were 14th when Jose took over. We finished 6th and in EL.

Good turnaround. Now let's see what he can really do.

Europa league may be piss compared to the CL but its a trophy we could win. And beggars cannot be choosers.

Getting to the final isn’t an achievement in my eyes, unless you win it then it’s pointless! Any how considering where we were when poch was sacked, anyone but Jose coming in and us finishing 6th would be lauded , but because it’s jose he gets the hate , I for one will judge him next season when he has had a chance to bring in a few players.

Exactly, couldn't agree more mate, people just want to have Jose gone before he's even had a proper chance to get going.

Let's truly judge him on next season, if we finish outside the top four next season and fail to win a trophy then fair enough.

But ENIC have to show some ambition on the pitch like the chairman promised in his end of season statement (lol.)

It's pretty clear that against teams like Palace we need a better DM that can allow our other midfielders to focus on attack. Hopefully Höjbjerg is the answer.

Thank god for EL, even if it is just qualifiers right now.

Jose took over when we were in 14th. We badly needed European football because without fans/matchday income, having no European money would have been a disaster.

This season was always going to be about pragmatism. We got where we needed and I'm extremely happy about that. Would've been nice to end the season on a high note but it hasn't been that type of year.

We now have a great avenue to trophies next season. We have funds and European football to attract players.

We did what we needed the second half of this year, next year will be about doing what we want.

Why do we always seem to play so shit after a break?

Very poor performance, really really hope sissoko isn’t starting for us next season. I’m ready to welcome Hojberg with open arms if it means sissoko doesn’t start.

Not going to go in to another Jose rant but he didn’t really adapt well in the second half, if he can’t see the need for Ndombele in games like this then we are doomed.

Can’t think of one time where we broke the lines building up from the back, nicking the ball cant be our only means of scoring.

Although glad we got Europe in the end.

Jose took over when we were in 14th. We badly needed European football because without fans/matchday income, having no European money would have been a disaster.

This season was always going to be about pragmatism. We got where we needed and I'm extremely happy about that. Would've been nice to end the season on a high note but it hasn't been that type of year.

We now have a great avenue to trophies next season. We have funds and European football to attract players.

We did what we needed the second half of this year, next year will be about doing what we want.

We'll see on the bolded part but I agree with the rest.

Back
Top Bottom