Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose took over when we were in 14th. We badly needed European football because without fans/matchday income, having no European money would have been a disaster.

This season was always going to be about pragmatism. We got where we needed and I'm extremely happy about that. Would've been nice to end the season on a high note but it hasn't been that type of year.

We now have a great avenue to trophies next season. We have funds and European football to attract players.

We did what we needed the second half of this year, next year will be about doing what we want.

Whatever people think, we were 14th when Jose took over. We finished 6th and in EL.

Good turnaround. Now let's see what he can really do.

Europa league may be piss compared to the CL but its a trophy we could win. And beggars cannot be choosers.

I was expecting a bit more, TBH, after the last couple of games. IMO, Davy should not have been dropped and H should not have been playing up front on his own. And I couldn't understand why he took Gio off.
I don't like us sitting back once we scored, but knew that it would happen. But unlike previous games, think we only had one or two decent breakaways. Once they equalised, I thought we would push on and start playing again. But we seemed content to sit back again, as a draw was enough for our target of getting 6th.
It was a dangerous game plan, but thankfully it turned out OK.
With regards to individual performances, I don't like to single out individuals too much to criticise them, as everyone has their off days. I always thought that some people were very harsh towards Serge, Harry Winks and Moussa and they were never given any credit when they played well. But I have to admit that I haven't been impressed with their performances since the return. As someone else mentioned, we just don't seem to have any creativity in midfield, and we bypass it on a regular basis.
I will give Jose credit for getting us to the Europa League though, as he took over a team that was playing quite poorly and instilled a team spirit which had been seriously lacking.
I won't be sorry to see the back of this season, as it really has been pretty rubbish on the whole - injuries to key players, poor VAR decisions, still feeling a hangover from the CL Final and having to say goodbye to Jan without giving him the send off he deserves.
Enjoy the break everyone, won't be long before we're back playing. Stay safe x

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Mourinho's army marches on!!

palace.jpg

COYS!!

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif

- Under Jose, we went from 14th to 6th
- We have our Europa League spot guaranteed regardless of the FA final
- We are six games unbeaten: 2D, 4W.
- We only got one defeat after the break
- 14 goals in 19 matches for Harry Kane under Jose Mourinho

Jose wasn´t celebrating a great performance or a great season. We were pragmatic and we got what we needed. Simple as that. Stop with the inferiority complex, show some support and remember where we were before him.

Surely we’d only have 62 points? We got 1 point from Man U and 1 from Bournemouth. Currently on 58.
If Harry scores the penalty to win against B’mouth and Pogba doesn’t dive for United we get 3 points for each game. 6 points instead of 2. 4 extra points. 58+4=62 would leave us 5th on GD I believe. Also I would be extra bitter about Mansourty bribing EUFA and CAS to let them play in the CL next year.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don’t care that we scraped 6th by pure luck

This was a horrible performance by a bunch of averge wankers and a negative outdated cunt playing hoof-ball

Unless we urgently improve a few positions this window were in for tough times ahead

Embarrassing, negative football played by a great club

I’m triggered

Back
Top Bottom