Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even with a great DM in there instead of Sissoko where are our chances coming from?

I don't think we had a single shot on net in the 2nd half or even anything close to a chance.

Maybe the DM breaks up plays and lets us move up the field faster but even if that happens who out there is creating anything offensively, especially when GLC was taken off so early?

The lack of DM is an issue but I think it also take focus away from the fact that we are woeful in the creativity department and have been for over a year now.

That's what Ndombele was signed for which makes his non selections and fitness issues even more frustrating. Plus our other so called attacking midfielder Dele had another year doing fuck all apart from twatting around on Insta.

Jose needs to either get Tanguy in shape, or get someone else in there who can play that role. If not next season won't differ from this one.

I only saw the last 30 minutes but based on that, unless we buy a minimum of 2 players, probably 3, we are not going to win the EL. It's on the hands of the board and managment. We have most of the core on place. We can win it with a decent RB and no Sissoko but.......!
Mou seems to love Sissoko. I'm at a loss to understand it.

I think he recognizes his limitations but loves his effort. And we do miss Sissoko when he doesn't play. But that's more because we are crying out for a DM than anything else.
Sissoko is a useful squad player and an able lieutenant in case of injuries or fatigue. He shouldn't be the go to man in the middle of the park as we can all see his limitations as plain as a zit on Margot Robbies arse.

Well thank God that season is over. The sooner it's forgotten about the better.

Takes me back to our Steed Malbranque heydey!

Only six weeks to the new season and do we need some re-inforcements?

Thursdays in Iceland/Kazakhstan and Sundays at Anfield - can't wait!

Do we need to play next week in some EL qualifier in Tibet?

Did anyone see what happened? It might have really been a penalty. Probably not though.

It was a legit penalty.

Only complaint would be that Martial was looking for it, which I hate when players do that, but even with that it was a clear cut penalty.

Yeah, spot on, mate

He arrived midseason and, with one transfer window, took us from 14th to 6th.

Just awful... absolutely shocking.

We just don't need this.

What we need is to continue dominating possession and have nothing to show for it.

We've won one League Cup in the last 21 seasons. Let's keep this going and hopefully we'll win another in 2041.

:mourthumb:

What a peculiar post.it seems sarcastic and not at the same time. But clearly you enjoyed playing the way we have all season compared to the style played (in the main) for 4 or so years under poch. I say fuck that. That is not the spurs way.

That's what Ndombele was signed for which makes his non selections and fitness issues even more frustrating. Plus our other so called attacking midfielder Dele had another year doing fuck all apart from twatting around on Insta.

Jose needs to either get Tanguy in shape, or get someone else in there who can play that role. If not next season won't differ from this one.

Ndombele needs to be careful or he could end up like like pogba, at age 27, still not mastering the basics, thus allowing his skillset to really blossom aka "KDB"

I think he recognizes his limitations but loves his effort. And we do miss Sissoko when he doesn't play. But that's more because we are crying out for a DM than anything else.
Sissoko is a useful squad player and an able lieutenant in case of injuries or fatigue. He shouldn't be the go to man in the middle of the park as we can all see his limitations as plain as a zit on Margot Robbies arse.

Squad player should be his role at most. He plays because Winks is too lightweight to leave on his own in front of a back 4 so Sissoko gives us that physical presence. If you could combine Winks and Sissoko you might have a footballer there. Instead we need 2 of them to do what 1 good DM could do.

Europa qualifying doesn't start until September 17th this year. Three rounds, all one leg. If Chelsea win the cup, we skip straight to the Group Stage which starts October 22nd and plays on Thursday every week except for the international break.

In fairness, considering all the upheaval the club has been through the past 12 months when you look who finished above us I'm only really peeved at two of them and thats Leicester and Man Utd. After last season I knew Liverpool and City were on a different level before anyone kicked a ball and Chelsea under Frank were going to be a tough opponent. I thought we may be able to compete against the chavs but they ground out some good results in fairness.

I never imagined Leicester would do much and sat waiting for them to inevitably implode (which they duly did but sadly just a little too late). It's OGS at manure that's amazed me. After the honeymoon period I could see Pogba leaving, Rashford failing and the team coming apart at the seams. The turning point definitely seemed to be the arrival of Fernandes and the maturing of Greenwood.

So we finish 6th and look to the future. Europe beckons and on paper Mourinho could have us lifting the Europa cup. The squad needs fresh blood but the nucleus of a side definitely capable of a top four finish next season is there.

Our position is about right for where we are at now but saying goodbye to a few and bringing in a couple of quality signings could just step us up a couple of rungs. Jose has no doubt already written his list of ins and outs, the big question is will Daniel back him ?

Come on, Winks has ALWAYS been like this.

This is not the Harry Winks that debuted.
Europa qualifying doesn't start until September 17th this year. Three rounds, all one leg. If Chelsea win the cup, we skip straight to the Group Stage which starts October 22nd and plays on Thursday every week except for the international break.

You mean the group stages?

This is not the Harry Winks that debuted.

You mean the group stages?
Nope. Qualifiers are normally two legs but reduced to one this year because of the fixture congestion. So we'd have to play 2nd qualifying round, 3rd qualifying round and Playoff. Then the Group Stage is the same format as normal - 4 teams, play each other twice, top 2 go through.

Its+gary+coleman+in+the+car+hes+saying+quotwatchu+talkin+_bb66eee5e0b0c0b4116345b9e58db7f3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom