Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll never be judged by some.

Put it like this, anyone who believes getting Man Ure to 2nd in the league was an achievement isn't worth entering into this debate. I honestly can't believe some on here blast Poch for getting 2nd in the league while fawning over Mourinho doing the same.
Was Jose’s only achievement 2nd though? I’m pretty sure he won more than just second, poch as much as I loved the guy just thought winning trophies breaded egos !

I haven't for one min suggested that at all. I've not made that claim or suggestion, you have but not me.

I've said Jose didn't cope with injuries. Our results show this, his moaning shows this.

Poch "did" (PAST TENSE) cope with injuries. His record (to have a record as a body of evidence means it's happened, ergo it's PAST TENSE) shows this.

At no point have I looked into what Poch could have achieved.
So you claim Poch has proven he could do a better job with injuries than Jose based on past seasons as evidence, and being only three points off 5th, but you don’t think he would have done a better job than Jose with injuries this season?

Poch had lost it, no doubt, and I was gutted to see him go, but there was no other decision to be made.

That still doesn'tsay Mourinho was the best fit or best option to take over.

Plus the speed in getting Mourinho in was incredible, almost like it had been planned months in advance.
Probably planned when Poch said he would quit if we win the CL, the day before the final.....

We’ll see if Jose is the right fit after his first pre season, summer window and a few months with his own team

He'll never be judged by some.

Put it like this, anyone who believes getting Man Ure to 2nd in the league was an achievement isn't worth entering into this debate. I honestly can't believe some on here blast Poch for getting 2nd in the league while fawning over Mourinho doing the same.

On the way to winning a bit of silverware. How many did Poch bring in?

Probably planned when Poch said he would quit if we win the CL, the day before the final.....

We’ll see if Jose is the right fit after his first pre season, summer window and a few months with his own team

I still can’t believe he said it. I knew we’d lost the game from that moment. When the manager is all over the place as much as Poch was in that press conference I knew the team and match was fucked

Sick of hearing this bollocks about entertaining and "progressive" football being better, both Redknapp and Poch played very entertaining brands of football, that won the square root of fuck all.

We used to take the piss out of woolwich for celebrating the 4th place trophy and an "entertaining" brand of football.

Entertainment for me is watching the team I love win and watching the club I love collect trophies because they are what counts in professional sports.

Give Jose a chance to try and win us silverware, if he doesn't fine, someone else can have a crack.

But for fuck sake stop going on about the "spurs way" and "progressive entertaining football" we haven't won a trophy in over a decade despite this amazingly "entertaining" football we have witnessed, if you find watching your club fall at the final hurdle over and over again enjoyable then that's your choice but I think I speak for a lot of long time spurs supporters when I say this, I want to see us actually fucking win something again in my lifetime and I couldn't give a shit how we do it.

Sick of hearing this bollocks about entertaining and "progressive" football being better, both Redknapp and Poch played very entertaining brands of football, that won the square root of fuck all.

We used to take the piss out of woolwich for celebrating the 4th place trophy and an "entertaining" brand of football.

Entertainment for me is watching the team I love win and watching the club I love collect trophies because they are what counts in professional sports.

Give Jose a chance to try and win us silverware, if he doesn't fine, someone else can have a crack.

But for fuck sake stop going on about the "spurs way" and "progressive entertaining football" we haven't won a trophy in over a decade despite this amazingly "entertaining" football we have witnessed, if you find watching your club fall at the final hurdle over and over again enjoyable then that's your choice but I think I speak for a lot of long time spurs supporters when I say this, I want to see us actually fucking win something again in my lifetime and I couldn't give a shit how we do it.
Each to their own but i'll remember non trophy winning seasons like 86/87 and 16/17 a long yime after i've f orgotten winning the league cup against Leicester under Graham in one of the worst games in living memory and a 10th place league finish. I want to look forward to every game and enjoy watching us play than spawning a win in a couple of cup games. Also the shitty fact is now only 2 trophies are taken seriously. I wish it wasnt so but winning a league cup or even FA cup wont shut up shitehead pundits about success. The narrative will just change to 'a league cup winners medal wont keep Kame happy'

Each to their own but i'll remember non trophy winning seasons like 86/87 and 16/17 a long yime after i've f orgotten winning the league cup against Leicester under Graham in one of the worst games in living memory and a 10th place league finish. I want to look forward to every game and enjoy watching us play than spawning a win in a couple of cup games. Also the shitty fact is now only 2 trophies are taken seriously. I wish it wasnt so but winning a league cup or even FA cup wont shut up shitehead pundits about success. The narrative will just change to 'a league cup winners medal wont keep Kame happy'

Honestly mate I couldn't give a toss what a bunch of washed up pundits think about our club, they are all incredibly biased anyway, Liverpool winning fuck all for years didn't stop the media loving on them, even if we won the CL and PL they would just say "Can Spurs replicate it again though? Or would Kane rather move to a club that will always win silverware" they hate us and I am fine with it, fuck em.

I would be proud to see this club lift the FA Cup and even the League Cup, a trophy is a trophy in my eyes, it means we have entered a competition and won it, that's something our club needs more of, winning.

If I just accept that we should just be an entertaining team to watch but shouldn't really care about winning things then I honestly wouldn't see the point in watching competitive sports, don't get me wrong though, I have patience, I will always support Spurs but also in the back of my mind I always want us to push for the glory and always believe we have a chance and should be willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

It's a fancy way of calling Jose a cunt. If we stayed mid table with him then they would use that to bash him with. If we won every game 5-4 they would complain about "I thought Jose was supposed to fix the defence".

Our defence is looking solid (with bang average fullbacks) and we are right up there in the form table so the playing style is about all pundits and Jose haters have left to bang on about.

But the point here is that you will forget those seasons if say 18/19 you win the league. The point is that WINNING is what matters in professional sport. As they said "2nd is first place loser" and all that.

Hoping we start to play better, have more control of games rather than just say to the oppo you have the ball and can attack us at will. We won’t press, stop your crosses or tackle you. This what I see in most games. I don’t see us keeping the oppo at arms length. Not sure I go with this narrative that playing shit football guarantees trophies. Most of the lower half teams set out to park the bus against the top teams and don’t see many of them winning trophies or getting into top 4. Everyone seems to think we will win a trophy playing like this I’m not so sure.

So you claim Poch has proven he could do a better job with injuries than Jose based on past seasons as evidence, and being only three points off 5th, but you don’t think he would have done a better job than Jose with injuries this season?
I don't know what Poch would have done this season, no one does, we aren't mind readers. What is the point of even trying to guess? What's the point in doing that? He was sacked. He's not our manager.

Poch IN THE PAST found solutions when we had injuries, the proof is we got 4th, CL final and League Cup Semi all within one of the worst injury-hit seasons I can recall.

The Europa league is big enough for Utd and Chelsea to win but to some of our idiotic fans it is not worth winning? And other clubs call us deluded I wonder why

I won't complain about playing for a draw. But I Will complain about hum starting Dier again. Sanchez was so solid last matches, Dier is not better than him.

Back
Top Bottom