Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has Hjobjerg failed the medical ?

Are you asking this because he hasn't been photo'd with the new shirt after all of 12 hours?
Levy will be an arrogant cunt and wait until the last few days before wrapping it up just to save cash on the players wages

Have you only just realised this?

No. Been accutely aware of it for about the same amount of time as Levy has been at the club ad we have failed to sign proper stars.
Even fucking Sugar signed stars. Alan Sugar.

Most companies keep as little cash on hand as possible because cash doesn't do much for you. Future spending is typically based on future revenues. So has anyone looked at the books to see if transfer funds come from future revenues, or past revenues?

Haha- can’t afford Sancho so they’ll buy Kane...that makes sound financial sense - and we know how much Utd like to deal with Levy. What nonsense.
Are you calling my post nonsense? Perhaps you misunderstood me if that’s the case.
Im merely saying the postering and feeding to the media that they’re “going to pull out of a deal because it’s too expensive” is typical of United.
United will sign Sancho, I’ve absolutely no doubts. I’ve also absolutely no doubts they won’t get Kane.

Are you calling my post nonsense? Perhaps you misunderstood me if that’s the case.
Im merely saying the postering and feeding to the media that they’re “going to pull out of a deal because it’s too expensive” is typical of United.
United will sign Sancho, I’ve absolutely no doubts. I’ve also absolutely no doubts they won’t get Kane.
Nope - not calling it nonsense at all - calling the Utd speculation nonsense...sorry if it was unclear!

I doubt that there will be a viable vaccine before November at the earliest. Full attendance at any game won't be guaranteed until the spring most likely. . In this particular case, I really am ITK. I have friends and colleagues at both Oxford and Imperial who are working extremely hard to bring this about. England is leading the world in this research so hopefully we'll be amongst the 1st to benefit from it.
This can't be possible. Trump said America wins everything.

:mourthumb:
:mourbye:

I'll rephrase

You're suggesting we will lose 200m in the new financial year?

Pretty much.

We will have lost a lot of income from March 2020 onwards and will lose income during 2020/21 season - clearly the amount we lose depends on the assumptions people make about our ability to attend matches and other activities such as exhibitions/conferences and non football events (music, rugby, nfl etc).

And the club would usually budgetted to get the season ticket revenues (ie a big cash flow advantage to get seat mony paid a year in advance) for 2020/21 paid to it in May (and which many clubs use to fund player transfers in the transfer window) which helps to fund clubs through from receipt of the last match day revenues through to next season. Spurs will have had a number of non football events lined up over the summer to plug that cash gap plus of course the ICC pre-season tournament and other freindlies.

So we will have a significant loss of revenues from March through to September when new season starts (6 months) with only TV money and sponsorship income coming in but many of the costs still needing to be paid (player wages being the most £'s)

All of that is what I am suggesting to be conservatively a loss of £200m revenues - might be more if covid -19 restrictions continue significantly into the new year.

Hope that better explains the financial situation ?

So we will have a significant loss of revenues from March through to September
when new season starts (6 months) with only TV money and sponsorship income coming in but many of the costs still needing to be paid (player wages being the most £'s)

All of that is what I am suggesting to be conservatively a loss of £200m revenues - might be more if covid -19 restrictions continue significantly into the new year.

Hope that better explains the financial situation ?
Please define significant loss - figure?

This thread has turned into the fascinating Football Financials one, where Massage Boy would become engorged as teenage eastern accountants pleasured his middle-aged flabby body with perfumed and oiled profit-and-loss accounts

Please define significant loss - figure?

You think I'm a magician to work it all out ?

The real issue as I've tried to explain is that over that time period Spurs have lost revenues but not costs (players drawing wages etc - Spura largest costs).

So its not just revenues lost but Spurs actually running at a loss over that period which can only be made good from future revenues funding it - bandaged by loans to fund the short term but need repaying within about 12-18 months

You think I'm a magician to work it all out ?

The real issue as I've tried to explain is that over that time period Spurs have lost revenues but not costs (players drawing wages etc - Spura largest costs).

So its not just revenues lost but Spurs actually running at a loss over that period which can only be made good from future revenues funding it - bandaged by loans to fund the short term but need repaying within about 12-18 months
I agree we have suffered losses during that period -that's a fact

However I fundamentally disagree with the notion pedaled on here by some we're now essentially skint and should only expect loan deals for relegated cloggers

The majority of Southampton's supporters are happy with the deal.

They are saying it's 18m for Hojbjerg (15m now, plus 3m in bonus). I don't think they know about Fulham being after KWP.

In resume, I'd say good piece of business for everybody involved. And I think Hojbjerg should be praised. He showed desire to come to Tottenham and made everything really easy from our perspective.

Last edited:
£12m for Foyth, £12m for Walker-Peters, a rumoured £4m fee we want/ wanted for Carter-Vickers.... if we get move on peripheral figures like this for the fees bein* mentioned that would go a long way to helping us get a far stronger squad with very little major outlay. 3/4 others like Rose, Aurier etc shifted and it’ll start looking like the right forward moves required.

Back
Top Bottom