Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The GOAT over on the fantasy forum:

Who: The Goat
When: 7th August
Where: SC

We've heard from a couple of sources now that PEH's medical is scheduled for Monday

I guess after he's been shopping at Harrods........
Would those sources be the main stream media perhaps?

Amazing what those cunts will peddle to scrounge for donations towards Rob's annual Butlins getaway.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Woolwich-tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-22491614

:mourloopy:

When you say Castagne is one-paced, do you mean he doesn't have a change of pace?

My impression of Atal is that he cannot defend for toffee.

Yeah, seems that way to me. (Castagne). Good engine, no afterburners. In his favour I think he has a steady brain, if not an exciting one.

It's been so long since I watched Atal, I'd need a refresher, but I think he's possibly got the most potential in terms of attack of the young nippy bunch. I don't think he lacks tenacity either, but maybe he needs to be coached to defend better, especially in relation to a back 4.

I feel the same about Aarons (defending) that you do Atal, I watched him against Chelsea and he's just standing off players, letting his man drift off him in game play/build up play (bit like that example you showed of Castagne the other night), and he's pretty weak in duels. But then Atal is pretty diminutive too.

This is what I've been saying for a while now. There's a real scarcity of quality, proven RB options out there isn't there.

I'm not even sure Dumfries that great, whenever I've seen him I've not been blown away, but I haven't watched him loads. He played against us last season twice ?

Atal, Castagne definitely play mostly as WB's, so we have to take on trust how they'd be in back 4's, personally I think it would test Castagne more, as although he's got a good up and down engine he's very one paced (I disagree a bit with RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK though, I think he's reasonably composed in forward areas - I'm just not sure he'd be getting up there as much in a back 4).

On pure ability terms I'd put Samedo top of that lot. the rest all have some pretty big question marks over them for various reasons. I like my FB to be able to attack, so I'd probably take a punt on Atal, but it's not a rock solid opinion.

MouraThat MouraThat

Don't doubt that a journalist has linked us to these RB's but not sure they are really available :

Emerson - Barcelona usually demand a buy back in the contract. Not sure that's in Spurs interest - its just developing a player for Barcelona. Alastair Gold claim negotiations underway but that requires Barcelona to drop their longstanding demand of a buy back clause.
Semedo - Rumours that Barcelona are offering him a new contract
Mukiele - Bayern rumoured to be after him
Dalot - 21 year old Portugese player who hasn't made it at ManU (circa 20 appearances in 3 years). JM may be attracted by nationality and £10m fee apparantly attracting Everton, but not sure he has the experience to be Spurs no 1 RB
Atal - Knee surgery 6 months ago, is he back fit and playing, if not just too much of a risk ?

I suspect our real choices are Aarons, Celik, Castagne and possibly Dumfries

MouraThat MouraThat

Don't doubt that a journalist has linked us to these RB's but not sure they are really available :

Emerson - Barcelona usually demand a buy back in the contract. Not sure that's in Spurs interest - its just developing a player for Barcelona. Alastair Gold claim negotiations underway but that requires Barcelona to drop their longstanding demand of a buy back clause.
Semedo - Rumours that Barcelona are offering him a new contract
Mukiele - Bayern rumoured to be after him
Dalot - 21 year old Portugese player who hasn't made it at ManU (circa 20 appearances in 3 years). JM may be attracted by nationality and £10m fee apparantly attracting Everton, but not sure he has the experience to be Spurs no 1 RB
Atal - Knee surgery 6 months ago, is he back fit and playing, if not just too much of a risk ?

I suspect our real choices are Aarons, Celik, Castagne and possibly Dumfries

Have we even been linked to Dumfries?

I think we'll sell Aurier and buy Celik, and to be honest, given the choice of those two Hobson's, I'd rather put up with Aurier for another year.

Keeping Aurier is not an option - he wanted out last summer and has only 2 years left on his contract and isnt signing another.

So assume he is off, and then suggest who else is a practical option at RB (see my earlier post)

The GOAT over on the fantasy forum:

Who: The Goat
When: 7th August
Where: SC

We've heard from a couple of sources now that PEH's medical is scheduled for Monday

I guess after he's been shopping at Harrods........
I cannot articulate how much I hate this kind of ITK. Literally the most obvious fucking thing to guess and would also give them an 'out' because the club could always take a couple of days longer to announce it and they can still insist the medical was on Monday.

And don't forget that this kind of bullshit gets lapped up uncritically, lest Kim Jong Admin puts them up against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom