Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Messi and Ronaldo finally retire we are going to be looking at the likes of Pogba, Dele, Eriksen, VVD and Mane as the best players in the planet.

How far this game has fallen since the early to late 00’s

I doubt that very much in relation to Alli, Eriksen and even Mane, very good that he has been in the last 3 years. Even VVD has only had 2 top years in my view.

Pogba is a real talent but is not a game-in, gMe-out deliverer.

I agree but a touch scattergun.

I doubt that very much in relation to Alli, Eriksen and even Mane, very good that he has been in the last 3 years. Even VVD has only had 2 top years in my view.

Pogba is a real talent but is not a game-in, gMe-out deliverer.

I agree but a touch scattergun.
But that’s what we’re looking at with the players that all came later though...
Neymar, Sterling, Salah, Aubameyang etc etc......even looking at City who are meant to be so full to the brim of superstars.....
Go back 15 years and who truly stands out though?

DeBruyne probably. Half that City team wouldn’t have got a look in the Scum double team (spit) and they wouldn’t be wiping the floor with the early 2000s Real that’s for sure.

We fawn over top 8 players by earlier standards. Robbie Keane and Defoe would probably be being chased by City and Barca in their prime today.

Everyone cracking one off over Sancho and Wan Bissaka etc.....prime Aaron Lennon would walk into our side or Man U/Chelsea today

But that’s what we’re looking at with the players that all came later though...
Neymar, Sterling, Salah, Aubameyang etc etc......even looking at City who are meant to be so full to the brim of superstars.....
Go back 15 years and who truly stands out though?

DeBruyne probably. Half that City team wouldn’t have got a look in the Scum double team (spit) and they wouldn’t be wiping the floor with the early 2000s Real that’s for sure.

We fawn over top 8 players by earlier standards. Robbie Keane and Defoe would probably be being chased by City and Barca in their prime today.

Everyone cracking one off over Sancho and Wan Bissaka etc.....prime Aaron Lennon would walk into our side or Man U/Chelsea today

Yep mate with you on much of that but you also need to make teams.

It's always hard to compare in an accurate fashion but there is a dearth of serious talent out there and as a result players that would once have sat on the bench are today feted as world beaters.

Can you imagine what the likes of Gascoigne, Hoddle, Henry etc would be worth now, let alone Fat Ronaldo? Or a Roy Keane for sheer venom alongside his ability?

In saying that the likes of De Bruyne would stand most tests as would a few exceptions but the standard has slipped and onve slim Ronny and Messi go, football will defer to an even lower average.

funny-worst-tattoo-fails-74-5b1e439037619__605.jpg
Where's your one of Levy's face?

Can you imagine what the likes of Gascoigne, Hoddle, Henry etc would be worth now, let alone Fat Ronaldo? Or a Roy Keane for sheer venom alongside his ability?
Well this is what I mean.....and you have the web experts looking at graphs and trying to claim James Maddison is up there.

Im genuinely starting to wonder how old the likes of Totti are?
21? 19?
Truly believe they wasn’t watching football properly between 2000-2010 as they were too young.
If they was watching, then they’ve been playing too many computer games the last ten years, because a prime Defoe would piss on most his wishlist today.

Ndombele, Dele, Pogba, VVD, Wan Bissaka, Walker, Eriksen and half the nobodies you think are mustard

Or you know, those who are actually considered a different level or potential to be like Mbappe, Sancho, Dybala, de Jong, Neymar, de Ligt, Kane, Havertz, Greenwood, Foden. But yeah, nobodies.

Why on earth are the likes of Walker, Eriksen and Dele being mentioned?

Oh and Defoe averaged 9 league goals a season. I don't think a prime Defoe reaches any heights in modern day football besides what he already reached. Don't kid yourself.

Fuck me, even Vardy has equalled or bettered Defoes best Premier League return FOUR times. Vardy has played in 6 campaigns compared to Defoes EIGHTEEN!!!!

And I loved Defoe. But damn, people wonder why Spurs fans get laughed at for being delusional.

Last edited:
I’m fairly pleased with this signing. Strikes me as the type who will bust a gut for the cause, even if he doesn’t have as much dribbling skill as Dembele, or vision as Alli. The lad has a good shot on him too

Fuck me, even Vardy has equalled or bettered Defoes best Premier League return FOUR times. Vardy has played in 6 campaigns compared to Defoes EIGHTEEN!!!!

And I loved Defoe. But damn, people wonder why Spurs fans get laughed at for being delusional.
What do you mean “even Vardy” though....he’s actually a player who would have thrived 15 years ago unlike Neymar.
You name drop a load of potential as if they’ve proven anything....fucking Foden. As if he proves me wrong ffs. Oh yes Sancho, word class...haha, the fact you group them with Mbappe and calm me delusional.

As delusional as thinking Defoe wouldn’t get a game ahead of Dele Alli hahaha

Last edited:
He certainly wouldn't get a game over Kane.
Did I say Kane?
And would certainly be enough of an option to test Kane in games, especially when not fit.
But yeah, you’re all about just winging it with no one aren’t you.
Defoe would walk into the Utd or Chelsea starting 11 today.
That should actually tell you something.

Did I say Kane?
And would certainly be enough of an option to test Kane in games, especially when not fit.
But yeah, you’re all about just winging it with no one aren’t you.
Defoe would walk into the Utd or Chelsea starting 11 today.
That should actually tell you something.

You said Dele for some strange reason.

And no. No he wouldn't. What a silly thing to say. Not as silly as thinking Lennon would actually get in any top Premier Leagues starting eleven though.

You said Dele for some strange reason.

And no. No he wouldn't. What a silly thing to say. Not as silly as thinking Lennon would actually get in any top Premier Leagues starting eleven though.

If you think prime Lennon wouldnt start for Utd, us or Chelsea today you must rate these teams pretty highly

Back
Top Bottom