Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blue Moon makes for fun reading.

Severely unimpressed by the thought of signing Winks.

Their sense of entitlement is literally off the scale. Small club in Manchester wins the lottery after being bought by human rights abusers & now they think they can lord it over everyone else.

So glad we fucked them up in the CL last season.

We do? Actually, we have a pretty good record up until Poch's last season when we went the 2 windows without buying. I am pretty sure the stadium woes caused this.

Gylfi -- Eriksen
Townsend -- Son
Kaboul - Alderweirald
N'Koudu -- Bergjwin
Walker --- Trippier (debatable. I prefer Trips)
Chadlii -- Sissoko
Dawson -- Dier
Bentaleb -- Wanyama
Wimmer -- Sanchez
Jannsen - LLorente

Failures

Wanyama injury. Dier was fine; but then had health issues.
Dembele. Failed to find replacement. Sissoko did a decent job; Ndombele is the plan.
Llorente. We never got a backup; and still don't.
Carrick - Zokora Berbatov - Pavlychenko Kanoute - Rasiak Van Der Vaart - Dempsey Bale - Lamela Keane - Frasier Campbell Defoe - Bent (bought before Defoe left because we knew he was leaving. Walker - Tripper Trippier - Aurier Dembele - Ndombele

So just to be clear you think that City are legitimately thinking of overspending to get a 24 year old player that would be at best their 7th MFer just to fulfill HG quotas?

You don't think would spend much less to get better players if need to fill a HG quota? Or address other areas of need to address their HG quotas?

And I am not sure what better rumour there is than including two big clubs in the PL and it seems to be working as there are people like you trying to justify how this clearly BS rumour could make sense.
Didn't City buy Delph from Villa just for the home grown quota?

Yep and I'm so shocked that Pep isn't interested considering how everyone keeps banging in about how brilliant Tangy was for Lyon in the CL game against City. Surely Pep needs to get down to Specsavers:mourglasses:

Winksy instead of Tangy:mourpointlaugh:

City were keen on him last summer - we offered top wages for once so he didn't wait to hear from them or barca

I'd like to see what Winks can do a bit more advanced. He's never been a defensive midfielder and his game has suffered. He can pass, he just needs to be more ambitious when he does. Think it would be daft to sell him when we have so much real crap at the club.
This. Exactly this.

WINKS IS NOT A DMF. His best role is actually playing as a centre mid, taking the ball and moving it forward. He does it well for England, but is restricted for Spurs due to not having anyone to sit behind him.

I think we'll see a much different Winks next season. If we're seeing the likes of Rice being quoted at £50m+, Grealish at £80m then Winks is easily £50-60m.

He can fix it given the right tools - that's the crux of the matter for me

I'm not sure. Players change but the psyche of the club stays the same. Who are the constant? It is us the fans. Look how well the team have done without us in the stadium. Maybe it is our mindset (you only have to read this thread to see how negative 90% of posters are) that needs to improve?

Winks would be a good HG alternate for Gundogan in their midfield.

People think less of him because he's spent the last two years playing in a team with Sissoko and no fullbacks, but he can be a very good player.

Home grown rules teach us something very important :

Under 21 : Sessegnon, Tanganga, Skipp, Fernandes
Under 21 Out : Foyth (now22), Parott (loan), Skipp (rumoured loan)
Under 21 In : Choice of Cirkin, White, Clarke and Walcot.

Senior : Kane, Alli, Winks and Davies (not home grown in Europa)
Senior Out : none
Senior In : Rose (return from loan)

Non HG Out : Vertonghen, Vorm
Non HG In : Foyth, PEH

In Mourinho's Premier League squad submitted in February after the last window closed, he only named 20 players in a list that could contain 25.

In Conclusion

1. We ain't selling Winks
2. We aren't sending Gedson back.
3. We ain't selling Dele Alli
4. Our next senior signing will be 'home grown'
5. Will we loan/sell Foyth to make a spot for another senior player?
6. Can Rose make amends with the club and become a useful squad player?

Run's off the check Google to see if Bale is counted as home grown........
Why have you concluded that we aren't sending Gedson back?
This is worrying as he's been totally shit.

Back
Top Bottom