Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Home grown rules teach us something very important :

Under 21 : Sessegnon, Tanganga, Skipp, Fernandes
Under 21 Out : Foyth (now22), Parott (loan), Skipp (rumoured loan)
Under 21 In : Choice of Cirkin, White, Clarke and Walcot.

Senior : Kane, Alli, Winks and Davies (not home grown in Europa)
Senior Out : none
Senior In : Rose (return from loan)

Non HG Out : Vertonghen, Vorm
Non HG In : Foyth, PEH

In Mourinho's Premier League squad submitted in February after the last window closed, he only named 20 players in a list that could contain 25.

In Conclusion

1. We ain't selling Winks
2. We aren't sending Gedson back.
3. We ain't selling Dele Alli
4. Our next senior signing will be 'home grown'
5. Will we loan/sell Foyth to make a spot for another senior player?
6. Can Rose make amends with the club and become a useful squad player?

Run's off the check Google to see if Bale is counted as home grown........

We usually only replace with a downgrade . In this case it will be hard to fuck this one up if he's happy to be no7 in line midfielder at City . Money and trophies will swing it even from the reserves and face it none of that is happening here .
The problem we have Levy is a football imbecile in recruitment and strict sell on policy always limits
chance of success.

40m for winks is actually too cheap, these Championship sides want 30/40m for their best players, Villa want 80m for Grealish. Winks is young, he's HG, he has international experience, CL experience. He should be 80m+ based on current trends.

40m for winks is actually too cheap, these Championship sides want 30/40m for their best players, Villa want 80m for Grealish. Winks is young, he's HG, he has international experience, CL experience. He should be 80m+ based on current trends.

On that basis it's hard to argue...... Game is fucked.

We usually only replace with a downgrade . In this case it will be hard to fuck this one up if he's happy to be no7 in line midfielder at City . Money and trophies will swing it even from the reserves and face it none of that is happening here .
The problem we have Levy is a football imbecile in recruitment and strict sell on policy always limits
chance of success.
I'm not sure this story has any legs to it, I can't see what or why city would be interested in wink's.
I would like to see what he can really do, because upto now I still am not sure what he really brings to the team, certainly would be gutted if he went somewhere else and started playing.

We usually only replace with a downgrade .

We do? Actually, we have a pretty good record up until Poch's last season when we went the 2 windows without buying. I am pretty sure the stadium woes caused this.

Gylfi -- Eriksen
Townsend -- Son
Kaboul - Alderweirald
N'Koudu -- Bergjwin
Walker --- Trippier (debatable. I prefer Trips)
Chadlii -- Sissoko
Dawson -- Dier
Bentaleb -- Wanyama
Wimmer -- Sanchez
Jannsen - LLorente

Failures

Wanyama injury. Dier was fine; but then had health issues.
Dembele. Failed to find replacement. Sissoko did a decent job; Ndombele is the plan.
Llorente. We never got a backup; and still don't.

We do? Actually, we have a pretty good record up until Poch's last season when we went the 2 windows without buying. I am pretty sure the stadium woes caused this.

Gylfi -- Eriksen
Townsend -- Son
Kaboul - Alderweirald
N'Koudu -- Bergjwin
Walker --- Trippier (debatable. I prefer Trips)
Chadlii -- Sissoko
Dawson -- Dier
Bentaleb -- Wanyama
Wimmer -- Sanchez
Jannsen - LLorente

Failures

Wanyama injury. Dier was fine; but then had health issues.
Dembele. Failed to find replacement. Sissoko did a decent job; Ndombele is the plan.
Llorente. We never got a backup; and still don't.
Yes some success but overall l feel we are downgrading on our better players.
Personally l feel Tripps never got near to Walker as being as effective . Sissoko is such a poor technical player that really our play/midfield has suffered with his inclusion. Nobody gets near to Bale/Modric in pure class. No BOught striker has got near to Berbatov . Sanchez for £40 million is bang average , Wanyama a one year wonder.
The 2;seasons that Levy wouldn't invest have crippled the team and nearly all our signings since have been poor/ineffective/ ok at best / 2 years away of imposing themselves on the first 11.
The policy of recruitment/style of player /relying on prospects has to change somewhat if we can scramble back in to top 4.

I don't remember that specific game but it likely is.

It is the same Dier that started over Toby after the break and then started over Sanchez after his suspension despite being by far the worst of the 3 all season long and especially after the break.
Fake news
Dier played well and Sanchez has been a calamity

I haven't seen a single thing that would suggest anything other than Sessegnon being the new KWP. Barely used, loaned to a modest PL team, sold after a year.

The difference being of course that we'll have to take a hit on him, I doubt he'll be as useful a makeweight as KWP

You might be right I fear, but the difference between the two is Sess arrived with a bit of fanfare - one legitimately good season in the championship before we signed him, for a decent fee is well. Obviously doing well there doesn't necessarily mean he would have the tools to do it at a higher level.

The only links to Ndombele is Inter with a swap deal.
He’s so brilliant that no club wants him

Yep and I'm so shocked that Pep isn't interested considering how everyone keeps banging in about how brilliant Tangy was for Lyon in the CL game against City. Surely Pep needs to get down to Specsavers:mourglasses:

Winksy instead of Tangy:mourpointlaugh:

Back
Top Bottom