Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

e9ba6dcb2bdf4110f126aeb96866bb1d.jpg

So apparently he sent cryptic bday message to Sissoko on Instagram....
But as far as google translate helped me (or football journos as well) it did not clear things up too well, I have to say.

Generally Aurier really leaves me on the fence. I don't rate him high at all as a footballer, but at the same time I agree with some - selling 2 RBs in one window and leave this position open (and to be refilled with what - 2 fresh faces?) is a risky move. Back to 1st side of it - in a year he will be 28 and 1 year left on his contract, which would decrease his value.

Overall... I think... fck it, move him on, take the money. Reinvest.
We are nutorious for keeping players that don't fit all that well for exessive period of time.

Unlucky that Newcastle billionaire takeover did not work. Could have sold maybe to them for 30 mil or smth :D .

P.S fun fact -

Up to now he has played equal amount of games with equal outcomes for last 3 clubs ( number of appearences; minutes played; goals scored; assists provided)
Spurs - 83 games (6929min; 6 g; 14 a)
PSG - 81 (6794; 5;15)
Toulouse - 80 (6948; 8; 13)

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if any of you mind me using some quotes for an article about Aurier. Im a writer for the Milan offside site, and wanted to share some thoughts from the comments here if possible.

A draft link here;

MouraThat MouraThat
toothy toothy
sammyspurs sammyspurs

If you cant access, the comments are;

“Watching him on the pitch his positioning is awful AND also he makes far too many mistakes” — MouraThat
“£12m is far too low. Absolute nothing players cost more than that. £17–18m would be a more appropriate sum considering his CL experience. Aurier is still clumsy but he has improved a lot in the 3 seasons he’s been here. I was trying to see how many times he got sent off this season and was shocked to see he was only booked in three games although one of which led to the second yellow and sending off. The match he missed because of that red card was the mauling at Brighton where their young wide forward tore our right side apart “ — Toothy
“Aurier might be world class next season he’s had two managers and off field issues give him time “ — Sammyspurs

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if any of you mind me using some quotes for an article about Aurier. Im a writer for the Milan offside site, and wanted to share some thoughts from the comments here if possible.

A draft link here;

MouraThat MouraThat
toothy toothy
sammyspurs sammyspurs

If you cant access, the comments are;

His numbers under Jose are fantastic. Played 42 games - second most in the team.
2.8 tackles per game. 1.4 Interceptions per game. 2.1 Aerial Duels per game. 5 recoveries per game.
In 36 starts, he´s got 2 gols and 7 assists, - a goal or assist in every 4 games, which is great for a RB.
The only reason he´s leaving is his contract - only two years left, so Levy will try to make a profit on him.
He´d be perfect for Italy and Serie A and I hope we don´t sell him for less than 20m (pounds).

Back
Top Bottom