Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't really bother me that we've signed him. Just means we must have no young goalkeeping prospects.

We have a good young keeper in Alfie whiteman. He has been our u23 keeper for a few years. What message does this send out to him and us as fans. People say this is a know brainer but what other top team would sign him . We are being taken in the wrong direction

We have a good young keeper in Alfie whiteman. He has been our u23 keeper for a few years. What message does this send out to him and us as fans. People say this is a know brainer but what other top team would sign him . We are being taken in the wrong direction
Send him out on loan for a bit more of a test than U23.

The failure of the previous regime to send KWP out on loan really stunted his growth at the club. Kane going out on loan helped to make him one of the best players on the planet.

The failure of the previous regime to send KWP out on loan really stunted his growth at the club. Kane going out on loan helped to make him one of the best players on the planet.
Same with Skipp (19), He and Whiteman (22 ?) need 1st team football to develop.

I agree with the loan but this kid is good and at the stage he is ready to challenge Gazza there is no need for us to put another 30 plus player on the payroll.This is just what I feared happening pointless signings that go know where.

I agree with the loan but this kid is good and at the stage he is ready to challenge Gazza there is no need for us to put another 30 plus player on the payroll. This is just what I feared happening pointless signings that go know where.

Being "ready to challenge Gazza" in real terms means spending most of the season on the bench (at best).... He needs game-time which he won't otherwise get here.... What on earth are you contesting here?

You missed the most important question. 😂

Do you think Hart is good enough, if he had to play?

Hart's just lost confidence. He's like a tramp on the street swigging turps. Maybe Mourinho will pump a bit of faith juice into him.

EDIT: actually scratch that, it sounds utterly filthy.

Being "ready to challenge Gazza" in real terms means spending most of the season on the bench (at best).... He needs game-time which he won't otherwise get here.... What on earth are you contesting here?

I am not contesting I am just saying he is a good option for 3rd or 2nd Keeper and should have gone out on loan a few seasons ago . Instead we sign someone who has past his best sometime ago . There is know need at all to waste any money on Hart that is my problem

Pros
*Free transfer
*Experienced
*Former International
*Has won the big trophies

Cons
*Looked poor at Burnley
*Question mark surrounding his confidence
* 33 years old so perhaps the reactions just aren't as sharp anymore

On balance seems like a reasonable signing as a number 2, I suspect he will be on the lower end of the spectrum wages wise.

I'm not excited about the transfer but it makes sense. Maybe he'll have a point to prove? either way we don't lose much here.

As long as he's no more than third choice then I'm ok with it, mainly because he's homegrown. It frees up a foreign player slot previously taken by Vorm

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here.

But if Vorm has already gone then how does signing Hart free up a foreign player slot?

Surely that can only be achieved by offloading a foreign player rather than signing a homegrown player.

I thought that after signing Hojbjerg we had used up our quota of foreign players and would have to let one go before signing another.

Which leads to my next question... If Vertonghen and Vorm have left and Hojbjerg has come in then how come our quota of foreign players is used up?

We've had more leave than come in.

I am not contesting I am just saying he is a good option for 3rd or 2nd Keeper and should have gone out on loan a few seasons ago . Instead we sign someone who has past his best sometime ago . There is know need at all to waste any money on Hart that is my problem

He's 21 and won't get the game-time he needs being sat around playing 3rd fiddle.....

Hense the loan..... Hense the need for a short term signing of a 3rd choice keeper.... Hense Hart (or someone of his profile)......

(Presumably you said you "agree with the loan" for some reason.....?)

Listen I'm not much of a Joe Fart fan either but anyone could make a comedy compilation of goal keeping errors.

It wouldn't be hard to make Lloris look really shit by cherry picking his worst moments.

Last edited:
Listen I'm not much of a Joe Fart fan either but anyone could make a comedy compilation of goal keeping error.

It wouldn't be hard to make Lloris look really shit by cherry picking his worst moments.
Yup, including this little doozy last season.

EFj7jeEXkAEyzOP.jpg

How quickly some forget that, before José came in, the nagging feeling that he was done at Spurs had begun to creep in. This Southampton game, funnily enough, was after Mourinho joined but Hugo really started to look back to his best after Christmas.

Buuuuut. Y'know. You can't take pot shots at Levy that way.

For those saying Alfie should be our 3rd keeper.

You have to remember that when you are part of the first team squad; you travel with and train with that squad - so there is very little opportunity to be part of the u23s/u21 games for example.

Goal keepers can play well into their 30s, so breaking into the main team at 25+ isn't a big issue.

For those saying Alfie should be our 3rd keeper.

You have to remember that when you are part of the first team squad; you travel with and train with that squad - so there is very little opportunity to be part of the u23s/u21 games for example.

Goal keepers can play well into their 30s, so breaking into the main team at 25+ isn't a big issue.
Friedel was playing for us at 40 years old!

......kinda miss him.

A 17 page thread full of people getting their knickers in a twist over aTHIRD choice keeper..”This is what you can look forward to” etc etc etc.. How many times do you think we’ll see him actually play?
If there came a time when we actually needed to call upon the 3rd choice keeper, who would you rather have, an under 21 trainee who has never played on the big stage or an experienced keeper who has been there and done that? Any club that was in a position to use their 3rd keeper would be in trouble. How many decent keepers are 3rd choice?
We needed a third goal keeper, who do you think we were going to get, Neuer?

Isn’t Rob Green still Chelsea’s No3 keeper? Woolwich 3rd keeper went on loan to Plymouth and they sent him back because he was shit. Take a look at all the premier leagues 3rd choice keepers and then get a fucken grip of yourselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom