Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed my hope was that it was essentially just a signing to fill the requirements for British born players while providing a moral booster of sorts with a proven winner.

But if we actually use him against the big clubs....

You mean like Plovdiv?

The team was playing good as I saw the game, problem are the fuckers like Dele, Moura and Lamela that can do nothing. The rest is forgiven for me.

Can't wait for Lucas to start on the opening day.

tenor.gif

It's a preseason game without most of our first team, nothing to care about really. The first goal came from nobody closing down and the ball deflecting past Hart and the second a bit of silliness from a youngster.

At least Ndombele is looking mobile and actually showing for the ball. Let's hope he can offer something to the team if he stays this season.

Cirkin looks a good bit off the level required. Far too soon for him to be considered a first teamer imo.

White looks good but needs to work on his off-ball game.

Lucas, Lamela and Deli all poor so far. Lamela best of the three.
It seems to me White was occupying very well the spaces in midfield.

I hope Ndombele do well this season, and I think he is having an "ok" performance today.

However, I can separate what I want from what I´m seeing:

- If he was Harry Winks - having exactly the same performance -, people would be complaining. Not aggressive enough, not creative enough, etc.
- Hojbjerg is already being missed. Is like our double pivot is "naked" - playing against a championship team. Ndombele is part of it.

I hope Ndombele do well this season, and I think he is having an "ok" performance today.

However, I can separate what I want from what I´m seeing:

- If he was Harry Winks - having exactly the same performance -, people would be complaining. Not aggressive enough, not creative enough, etc.
- Hojbjerg is already being missed. Is like our double pivot is "naked" - playing against a championship team. Ndombele is part of it.
That would imply Winks was passing the ball forward so Winks would never had that kind of performance.

Back
Top Bottom