Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it funny that a lot people slagging off Rose in here will STILL be begging for Gareth Bale to come back.

No doubt that this is Levy taking revenge for Rose RIGHTLY Publicly questioning the ambition of ownership. Can’t believe people buy into this ENIC puff piece of a show.

I thought if players weren’t upset that they weren’t being picked, ESPECIALLY if it’s behind players performing poorly, that they didn’t care?

Rose is flawed, he’s childish, but at least he’s honest,

Honesty is fine but a sensible professional knows that there are limits. Because Rose is a bad professional he didn’t restrict these comments to the managers office, he has said similar thing to national newspapers.

Respect is just as important as honesty, and by running his mouth in public he disrespected his colleagues, the club and the fans. Rose’s honesty is just a lack of respect. Perhaps he’d have more career options right now if he had behaved properly for the last 3 years. Why would any manager want this mouthy bighead in their dressing room? He’s playing badly and can’t even claim to be a good dressing room influence. There is literally no reason to sign him.

Honesty is fine but a sensible professional knows that there are limits. Because Rose is a bad professional he didn’t restrict these comments to the managers office, he has said similar thing to national newspapers.

Respect is just as important as honesty, and by running his mouth in public he disrespected his colleagues, the club and the fans. Rose’s honesty is just a lack of respect. Perhaps he’d have more career options right now if he had behaved properly for the last 3 years. Why would any manager want this mouthy bighead in their dressing room? He’s playing badly and can’t even claim to be a good dressing room influence. There is literally no reason to sign him.

Exactly, a lot of managers will now avoid him like the plague. All he's done is make it harder for himself to find another club.

Only seen the first 3 so far, so I'm only going on comments on here. Anyway this is my take on it.

Dier to Poch: "Play me or sell me.". = Honesty.

Danny to JM: "Play me or sell me." = Honesty.

Danny: "Some other players here are shit, I'm off to speak to Daniel." = Being a twat.

Amazon presumably with Levy's agreement have really stitched Rose up by screening that but he could have made sure he was not on camera. For all we know those kind of confrontations happen all the time but details are not known. Rose has really mucked up his England career because I do not think he did badly at Newcastle and really was Trippier a better option at LB. I cannot see any way back at Spurs for Rose and if he decides to stay and does not play for a year then this time next year he will not be getting a good deal that he thinks. He needs to accept what ever offer is on the table elsewhere.

I highly doubt if the cameras weren’t there Mourinho would have allowed him to speak to him like that. Mourinho is an equally arrogant and self entitled man, if the cameras weren’t there I think Rose would have left with his teeth in a bag.

I highly doubt if the cameras weren’t there Mourinho would have allowed him to speak to him like that. Mourinho is an equally arrogant and self entitled man, if the cameras weren’t there I think Rose would have left with his teeth in a bag.
When you have won as much in the game as Mourinho has then you are allowed to have self belief and inner confidence in your abilities. That is often misconstrued as arrogance but it's the driving force that sorts the special ones from the ordinairy people.
In the case of Danny Rose it is pure arrogance and an unsubstantiated self belief that he's a great footballer which drives him but just succeeds in antagonising everyone around him and destroying all potential help and support.

Amazon presumably with Levy's agreement have really stitched Rose up by screening that but he could have made sure he was not on camera. For all we know those kind of confrontations happen all the time but details are not known. Rose has really mucked up his England career because I do not think he did badly at Newcastle and really was Trippier a better option at LB. I cannot see any way back at Spurs for Rose and if he decides to stay and does not play for a year then this time next year he will not be getting a good deal that he thinks. He needs to accept what ever offer is on the table elsewhere.
It's also on his agent.
Over and above the precise editorial control clauses, there's also the long-term relationship between club and player to consider.
As a hypothetical, if an agent with a host of top players in his "stable" said to Levy, "if my Spurs player comes over as totally to blame for situation X when we both know it's more complex, I won't do business with you again with any of my other players", then I'm sure that would have an impact.
But this Currant Bun article from that general time period (early February 2020), suggests Rose doesn't realise how an agent can protect his reputation.

----------------------------------

Danny Rose jokes he should sack his agent as he instigated his own Newcastle transfer after watching Willems get injured

Rose jokes he should sack agent as he sparked his own move after Willems injury

When you have won as much in the game as Mourinho has then you are allowed to have self belief and inner confidence in your abilities. That is often misconstrued as arrogance but it's the driving force that sorts the special ones from the ordinairy people.
In the case of Danny Rose it is pure arrogance and an unsubstantiated self belief that he's a great footballer which drives him but just succeeds in antagonising everyone around him and destroying all potential help and support.
I saw the encounter with Jose more as his self-belief being questioned. Hearing that Tanganga was ‘so strong’ and ‘so powerful’, doesn’t feed into Rose’s self-perception. We can all see that Jose is noticing that Rose is no longer so ‘strong’ and so ‘powerful’. He states that he is the ‘best left-back at the club’. The guy’s a narcissist with a false perception of himself.

I’d love for him to go out and try to win MOTM each week but, truth is, he kept getting caught out for pace and positioning. Maybe just time had caught up with him?

It's a shame Danny's declined so badly. Danny Rose in his prime is three times the full-back Ben Davies is.

That team in the final season at the Lane, Walker and Rose were untouchable.

I don’t get what Rose did so wrongly

Had a genuine question to Jose how other shit-cunts keep making the team every week irrespective of their poor performances. He then decided to move on and fight for a Euro 2020 spot instead of sitting n the bench and collecting a salary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom