Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is 80 percent of the time when he starts. Works hard though.
Big deal. When I used to go most weeks in the 80s there were those that moaned at Glenn (seriously) for not "working hard", the sort who worshipped "midfield beasts" who showed "passion", like "captain fantastic" Bryan Robson.

I couldn't give a rat's arse if Moura swanned about like a fairy cake if he did even half of what Hoddle could

Baffling how a bloke on 15 mil a year has showed zero coaching in nearly a year. I've got no idea what the coaching principles are. You give harry redknapp our squad and it's a guarantee the football is so much better over night. Watching all or nothing in the team meetings it's all about the opposition. Not about being on the front foot, tempo intensity. Correct me if I'm wrong but have we come from behind to win with Jose?

NLD.

So nothings changed under Jose then.

Been here for 10 months and we are still dogshit.
Players are mostly average.
Manager is a terrible fit & had better days. Owners just care about profit.
Levy just cares about profit.
No good youngsters coming through.
Only 1 striker.
Only 1 LB (allegedly).
No real creative CM.
No real DM.
No fans.
No silverware.
No CL.
No entertaining football.

But..........

We are doing things the RIGHT way!

Surely, this is just poor managing then?

Whereas we had Aurier who DID have a pre-season.

That's a good debating point but we had a lot of "tired" players today.
Jose was keen (as was I and many Spurs fans) to see what the new players could do and I can understand the team selected.
Bit like the Sheff U game if the pen had been given, if Son passes to H instead of Dele or the Doc shot goes through Pickford's legs who knows what could have happened today.

Ceballos came in at like 80 mins. So you must have been watching from that point on. It was Elneny and Xhaka. Elneny is a DM more than anything and Xhaka has more bite than either of our CMs today. Don't like either of them, but let's not write over the facts.

It really comes down to management. And Arteta is progressive rather than Jose who is a fucking shit show.

Arteta seems to be selling solidity, organisation and fast breaking attacks..... Isn't that pretty much what it says in Jose's handbook?

To be fair, I saw the interview and he prefaced his comments by saying multiple times that this is not an excuse in any way, the peformance was not good enough etc. He could not have made that clearer that he wasn't saying the result was down to this or that they could hide behind this in any way.

He was simply asked about the goal and correctly pointed out that it's surprising how with so many referees looking at this, that 5-6 yards were able to be gained and none of the officials noticed.

Yes, it was a great free kick and bad defending. But Jose is right that the distance does affect things.

I just finding annoying asf when the media twist things (i.e. "Jose blames the result on free kick position") when it's simply not true, because then everyone else just goes along with that.

There's plenty that can be criticised, but let's not pretend Jose tried to excuse the football because of the free kick positioning, because he didn't.
Fair enough, but if I'd been a hack there I'd have asked him...

Why, in the name of all that is holy and on all the evidence you've seen , would you think in all seriousnes that Moussa Sissoko was the man who would change things around?

To be fair, I saw the interview and he prefaced his comments by saying multiple times that this is not an excuse in any way, the peformance was not good enough etc. He could not have made that clearer that he wasn't saying the result was down to this or that they could hide behind this in any way.

He was simply asked about the goal and correctly pointed out that it's surprising how with so many referees looking at this, that 5-6 yards were able to be gained and none of the officials noticed.

Yes, it was a great free kick and bad defending. But Jose is right that the distance does affect things.

I just finding annoying asf when the media twist things (i.e. "Jose blames the result on free kick position") when it's simply not true, because then everyone else just goes along with that.

There's plenty that can be criticised, but let's not pretend Jose tried to excuse the football because of the free kick positioning, because he didn't.
Wahhh wahh Jose.

Your team and tactics were fucking shit. If Ricarlison was a proper footballer it would have been 4 of 5 nil

Sure. He’s not a DM. Agree, he shouldn’t be there. But he’s not really an 8 either. The only time I can remember him doing some aggressive was that last minute goal against Fulham, however many moons ago.

We’ve listened to years about him being the English Xavi, and it’s complete bullshit. He’s another Tom Caroll. Perfectly competent, tidy midfielder, but utterly predictable.

Park the "English Xavi" comment and put it in your rear mirror. We haven't heard it for years... Poch said it once affectionately as encouragement to an upcoming player. It's only comments like yours that keep it alive as a meme.

Rightfully or wrongly (and FWIW I think wrongly) he's been modeled by (2 managers now!) upon players that are not "aggressive"..... He struggles for the same reason Jourginio did. He's not Pirlo, nor is he Wanyama.

You says he's not an 8..... Cast your mind back to the player that debuted (energetic and vertical passing).... A #8 is exactly what he should have been all along!

Winks is an easy puzzle to solve in this squad; he should be back-up for GLC... It's players like PEH & Sissoko that are creating a curveball for Poch & Jose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom