Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You sign average players to add to a squad that is already full of average players, why would we expect to see an improvement? As a club, we have no ambition in the transfer market & that comes from the very top
100%. Its so obvious we need a lot more than decent players. That's why its not been a good window despite the cries of great window. Either the club is deluded or we are being trolled.

The difference in this game was the difference in quality in the midfield. Everton’s midfield is so much better than ours. It is also a well balanced midfield with clear responsibilities - they have an outright bully at DM with good technique, a quality box-to-box, and a high quality creative midfielder.

Everton benched their mid table midfielders and replaced them with absolute quality. Their midfield bench is mid table. They could absolutely finish top 4.

I think we should hold off on that.

They were better than us today and the new additions looked good for them but they still to show a lot more to say they could finish top 4.

Ehz9LoSX0AAV0P-

At home.. To Everton...

They hadn't won 40 (!!!! FORTY) games in a row away to the big 6.... 40 games!

He is nowhere near good enough to play as an incisive 8. Even for England, he doesn’t even really play that role. He just recycles left and right. Barkley will try more on the ball. He has no shot on him. No outlet other than the occasional floaty diagonal ball. It’s as if he thinks the point of the game is to accumulate the highest number of passes rather than score goals.

But you're saying this on the basis of him not developing his core skillset from 4 years ago...... Stick with him as an 8 and we'd have seen a better player to the one we do now.

That said, I do actually agree with you that he has been shoehorned into a position that doesn’t fit. But I don’t think that was on the managers. I think it’s because they realised he isn’t creative enough, but like him and wanted to try and forge a new position for him.

Then that's still on the managers... Surely you're not defending playing someone (often ahead of others) just cos you "like" them????

And also the fact that we’ve been desperate for a 6 for about three years now.

I agree with that, but we've bought Sissoko, GLC, Ndombele & now PEH (£145m!!!) (+ Gedson loan) in the meantime... So why don't the gaffas just ask for a #6 instead???

Even if you look at the players mourned as ones that got away.... B.Fernandez, Grielish, DeJong, Tielemans, Maddison..... There's not one bonafide DM there.

Does my nut in!

I think we should hold off on that.

They were better than us today and the new additions looked good for them but they still to show a lot more to say they could finish top 4.

I said could, not will. Maybe you can hold off on that opinion, but I can decide for myself. Deal?

Mou said after the game that he wasn’t injured it was a tactical decision.

Dele and the rest of the forwards were not pressing together with any intensity so he changed him for Sissoko, and put Lucas down the middle, but that didn’t work either.

We were far too passive in our pressing. Everton were not challenged on the ball.

In normal circumstances i'd say replace nearly all of them and use the squad. But i think he'll put out a team not too different from today. He's far too pragmatic to risk another defeat by playing the 2nd string.

I would put in Dav, Serge, Ndombele, Steve, and Lamela. If fit, I would put in GLC. Next game is Thursday. Then Sunday. Need rotation.

Back
Top Bottom