Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like the scoreline is making so called experts over rate Everton. We were shit and they barely managed to score a goal from a set peice all match.

Both teams were shit. As shit as the last game we won 1-0

But we won't be much better if we keep on playing Dier, Winks. Lucas instead of Sanchez, GLC and Bergwijn

I feel like the scoreline is making so called experts over rate Everton. We were shit and they barely managed to score a goal from a set peice all match.

Both teams were shit. As shit as the last game we won 1-0

There was always gonna be a queue both here and in the media to gush over the supposed impact of their new players.....

You don't mark the man behind you. Dier's man. Should "defend" the run because you can't defend the header unless you are superman.

The fact that our 2 centrebacks can't dominate their area "by any means possible" is a worry. Everyone thinking we are a soft touch in the mixer yet again.

But we easily cleared all their other deliveries into the box. Everton created fuck all from crosses except that one chance. We are just not consistent in the way we apply ourselves, we can never play properly for 90 minutes.

But we easily cleared all their other deliveries into the box. Everton created fuck all from crosses except that one chance. We are just not consistent in the way we apply ourselves, we can never play properly for 90 minutes.
I agree. But we couldn't deal with that one cross? My definition of domination means that whatever the delivery, we can deal with it.

So it's a question of concentration then rather than ability?

Why Dier? It was Alderweireld that was marking Calvert-Lewin.
The Dier hate is ridiculous.
I thought he was our best player v Everton, or maybe least worst would be more accurate.
As you say, Dier was behind Calvert-Lewin but still very nearly got his head on the ball.
Alderweirald was in front of Calvert-Lewin and had the advantage over him but never even got off the ground. Toby was off the pace all game in my opinion, he needs to sort himself out.

You don't mark the man behind you. Dier's man. Should "defend" the run because you can't defend the header unless you are superman.
Sorry, but that is cobblers.
How can you stop the attacker who is in front of you from heading the ball - unless you push him which is a penalty?
Of course it is the guy in front of the attacker who is responsible for winning that header.

Everybody blaming our CBs for the goal needs to have a reality check. It was a perfect cross and a great run and sometimes that’s just not something you can defend. I promise you on the Everton forum they are not discussing Spurs’ poor set piece defending. Because our set piece defending was good all game.

Our problem was a woeful midfield and weak LB.

We’ll finish above Everton. With all their new signings. How about that bet?
Bugger that. Not sure how Everton will do. I barely ever watch them play. I wish we got docoure though & probably James. Not sure about allan as again, barely seen him play.
I watch us play a lot so feel qualified to bet on us.

I am talking about us. You posted a confident post about top 4 etc. I am confident we won't get top 4 or a cup. So that's the obvious bet. I wouldn't be suprised if everton finished above us as they have had a much better window. I am not surprised you chose not to bet on us winning a cup or top 4. Its all empty positive words as per usual. Another one bites the dust. Still yet to find any so called positive fan to bet us on getting top 4 or a cup. Don't worry, you have joined a growing group of empty confidence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom