Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand he has a certain style and that’s fine, every manager is different.

However for a manager that has won as much as he has, there are some incredibly basic mistakes on show

Complete lack of strategy when going forwards, no set game plan, just short passes around the defence/midfield before a long punt forwards.

Hideous substitutions, no adapting to the opposition. Gomes, Allan and Doucoure murdered us in midfield, he brings off Alli for Sissoko, fair enough if he plays Sissoko in a midfield 3 to combat Everton, but he plays him on the fucking right wing and puts Lucas at number 10, absolutely baffling

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but I want him out now, he’s a prehistoric Chelsea rat that’ll blame his own granny rather than admit he made mistakes

He’s been in charge for 30 odd games now and there has been no improvement, just the odd spunky win like City at home

Put better than I did earlier. But yeah....this

Alright, no need to get all shouty. No, my statement is incorrect. I’m sorry.

I’ll defer to you on all footballing matters from now on. You clearly know best.

The two years thing was merely an expression of the frustration of having spurned a golden opportunity. Mourinho can’t be blamed for that, you are right. But we can judge him on his previous appointments and his 10 months in charge
Next time quote me, im not being shouty, if your statement was wrong then my first one stands, all this over reaction after one match is pathetic

Nothing against you mate, just the hyperbolic statements about how doomed we are from this 1 match makes it seem we re on the brink of being liquidated as a club which is far from happening

Next time quote me, im not being shouty, if your statement was wrong then my first one stands, all this over reaction after one match is pathetic

Nothing against you mate, just the hyperbolic statements about how doomed we are from this 1 match makes it seem we re on the brink of being liquidated as a club which is far from happening

Fair enough. We’ll see how it turns out. In many ways, I hope I’m wrong.

trouble is getting rid of Jose will cost £30M+ to pay his contract then you add his coaching team brings it up to around £40M+, don't think Levy worth stomach that on top of the paying off Poch

No - he fucked up massively on Sunday but the underlying issue is deeper for me
agree, the players we have lack the mentality needed to be winners, we lost out to Leicester to win the EPL, Poch did nothing about it, he didn't bring players that gave the team mental strength or bring sports mentality coaches ( i moaned on here at the time )

Why are people saying its 1 game? Its pretty much every game since Chelsea at home in December. What are we doing tactically other than the attacking right back? What is our overall gameplan other than sit back, keep it right, hopefully nick a goal? This isnt the first time tbe players look unfit and unmotivated. That is the managers job to correct. He's effectively had 2 pre seasons to install his ideas. If we could see something developing, some semblance of a gameplan then fair enough but it looks like no one really has a clue what they're doing. In his career all Mourinhos good work has been in the first 18 months/ 2 seasons at a club. Its been 10 months now and 34 games and i just have no idea of what he is trying to do. We look unfit and uniterested. Add in the absolute mind numbing football which has possibly overtaken George Graham now and there isnt a lot at the moment to be positive about. It is certainly not 1 game its a feeling of just drifting and another wasted season coming up.

Why are people saying its 1 game? Its pretty much every game since Chelsea at home in December. What are we doing tactically other than the attacking right back? What is our overall gameplan other than sit back, keep it right, hopefully nick a goal? This isnt the first time tbe players look unfit and unmotivated. That is the managers job to correct. He's effectively had 2 pre seasons to install his ideas. If we could see something developing, some semblance of a gameplan then fair enough but it looks like no one really has a clue what they're doing. In his career all Mourinhos good work has been in the first 18 months/ 2 seasons at a club. Its been 10 months now and 34 games and i just have no idea of what he is trying to do. We look unfit and uniterested. Add in the absolute mind numbing football which has possibly overtaken George Graham now and there isnt a lot at the moment to be positive about. It is certainly not 1 game its a feeling of just drifting and another wasted season coming up.
Agreed - Covid lockdown saved us as we were on relegation form at the time

How many of us think that these transfer targets of ours are José's first choices ?. Is it not more a case of Levy saying to him "We only have this much to spend so the answer to him is sadly no"?.
The point I am labouring to make is one of accountability when the brown stuff hits the fan.
I know it's a totally different financial set up but look at Lampard. £200m spent on bringing in what were undoubtedly his first choices. He has nowhere to hide if they fail to get at least top four. He's been backed to the hilt by the Russian.
When Levy brought in Mourinho he should have done so knowing he would need a wad of cash to support his cash hungry system of management and made suitable provision.
To read that a £5.5m second rate striker is our manager's choice to support Harry is a fucking joke.
It's like spending £10k on a home computer knowing your internet service is shit and it can never work to it's true potential.

No - he fucked up massively on Sunday but the underlying issue is deeper for me
But this is the issue for me.....if managers aren’t getting the best out of what IS available, then the backing argument doesn’t come into it.

Now when Poch got the best out of the squad, people said the squad was shit but the manager was a miracle worker.

Do you actually believe that?
Because I saw a team with Rose, Walker, Lloris, Toby, Jan, Kane, Dele, Dembele, Wanyama and Eriksen all performing at world class levels.

If that was ALL on Poch, then how come when they reverted to their normal mid table levels under him, it wasn’t his fault either

This competition for places is an obvious need, but are people really trying to say that if you are doing shit at work, and your manager can’t motivate you or get you to reach his targets, then the CEO of the company should quit.

For not replacing you?
Really?

trouble is getting rid of Jose will cost £30M+ to pay his contract then you add his coaching team brings it up to around £40M+, don't think Levy worth stomach that on top of the paying off Poch
This is a very good point and I do hope that people that furiously want him sacked realizes that sacking Jose probably again means low investment in the squad next summer since we have to pay Jose and his staff off.

He'll most likely sit out the entire season before parting ways I'd expect. He could just as well turn it around (very weird to use that phrase after ONE game).

Agree to an extent but how much would it cost if we drift back to mid table? Or if fans start to lose interest because of the style of football? 7th/8th watching this every week there is no guarantee of a full stadium when they reopen.

But this is the issue for me.....if managers aren’t getting the best out of what IS available, then the backing argument doesn’t come into it.

Now when Poch got the best out of the squad, people said the squad was shit but the manager was a miracle worker.

Do you actually believe that?
Because I saw a team with Rose, Walker, Lloris, Toby, Jan, Kane, Dele, Dembele, Wanyama and Eriksen all performing at world class levels.

If that was ALL on Poch, then how come when they reverted to their normal mid table levels under him, it wasn’t his fault either

This competition for places is an obvious need, but are people really trying to say that if you are doing shit at work, and your manager can’t motivate you or get you to reach his targets, then the CEO of the company should quit.

For not replacing you?
Really?
Players aged, others got complacent due to lack of competitions and other are simply shit - that is my view

Take a real look at this wonderful piece of journalism and tell me that there isn't a industry of bad press simply waiting for things to go wrong between Jose and Spurs.

That's why I was criticizing The Athletic's article and Alasdair Gold's words about Jose's use of Ndombele.

We have enough people against us. Let's criticize Jose for his mistakes - yes -, but not for something that is said about him for 20 years.

Jose doesn't like talented players. Jose doesn't know how to attack. Jose fights with every player. All three stories in one day.

It's the same old story.
But it IS the same old story though mate :avbcringe:

watch his post match interview and you will see him deflecting blame for yesterday’s defeat on to everyone else but himself.

Ndombele is a talented player that he’s already hung out to dry.

My point is that you can’t deny that there are signs the same problems that have been cropping up at his most recent stints are cropping up again, the difference is it’s happening earlier here.

So again, if a CEO employs a manager, and that manager takes over a work force and the staff can’t improve under him, does the CEO quit?
Yeah cause he hired him, if the manager is successful then people will say that the CEO did a great job hiring that manager.

Bottom line, if ENIC aren't partly to blame for bad results, then they don't get credit for good results.

Back
Top Bottom