Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is great squad player. Great sub.

Great sub for what?

He can't help break down a parked bus, is not good at creating offense, loses the ball way too easily and more often than not gets in the way of Kane and Son than works with them.

If we are tied or the losing he is a terrible option to bring on. If we are up a goal he really isn't that strong defensively that you want to bring him on either and a worse option than Lamela who can be used to press the other team up front alone, as well as commit the cheap professional fouls.

He isn't good moving inside to a CM position, has shown to be poor as a striker (yes I know he once scored 3 goals in a game), so really can only play on the outside.

He offers so little off the bench and nothing that other better players don't already offer us. We would be much better by having a creative player in that spot off the bench, something we currently don't have no matter how much people want to think Alli can fill that role.

Ok mate. I won’t give you a disagree for an opinion. But you are talking out of your fucking arse.
Bring Eze on for a debut at half time against Everton when the team looked fucking shit? He plays like shit and gets called all the cunts under the sun for being another expensive wannabe. And then everyone moans that we should have kept Moura or bought a proven winner like Bale.
Moura is a really good player and a true pro. Not some whiny little gutless cunt. Play Eze or Sting or whoever the fuck is the “next big thing” in a system that doesn’t fit their skill set then it won’t work.
the Ajax game, most of us saw what could happen if the in game tactics changed to give him the lead role.
TLDR- Your opinion is shit.

LOL

Now we aren't signing guys because we are worried that if we bring them on they might look bad and get called names?

Well the good thing is we don't have to wonder what would happen if Moura was there against Everton and played like shit because we saw it. Just like we saw him play like shit most of last season and the season before.

It is laughable how much some fans here need to crap on players they don't know just because they are scared of losing the mediocre plugs we already have.

Exactly.
Imagine if we bought Eze and Bale went to Utd.

Yep I’m sure they would be all about the youth and unknown Champo potential and not want proven world class.

The actual bollocks being spouted
We can all flip flop. It’s our given right as spurs fans.
But I ain’t seen as much shit in a long time.
Imagine if Bale comes to us & Eze goes to united and tears it up. It will still be Levy’s fault.
Ive been 100% behind the youth/development policy (not so much resale value) but when people start moaning about potentially bringing back Bale as a retrograde step when we should be bringing in Eze or Sting...
:harrylol:

The only hope with regard to Bale, if it happens, is that we also view him as a striker back up too and we can stop chasing wanky strikers all over Europe/Watford to sit on our bench and spend that money on a position that will strengthen and upgrade our first team.

With the club sending me an email this afternoon about season tickets and access to the stadium I am actually smelling a bit of a rat here. Maybe I am being cynical, but since when can we trust Levy not to bollock about and fuck up a “done deal”. Only just over a year since Dybala....pray it’s true my friends, but don’t be surprised if neither Reguilon or Bale arrive and we have Ryan Babel on loan instead.

LOL

Now we aren't signing guys because we are worried that if we bring them on they might look bad and get called names?

Well the good thing is we don't have to wonder what would happen if Moura was there against Everton and played like shit because we saw it. Just like we saw him play like shit most of last season and the season before.

It is laughable how much some fans here need to crap on players they don't know just because they are scared of losing the mediocre plugs we already have.
Are you a bit slow? We have been doing this for years now. Bringing in potential. And every fucking year we come up short. I’m not saying Moura is the saviour. I’m saying that if we are replacing him, it should be with someone we know will improve us, not someone a dick on the internet has watched a few times and has decided will definitely cut the mustard

I think we potentially have a triffic balance of experience, winners, and some highly talented and highly rated younger players like Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Regulion and even Ndombele. Then there are Sessegnon, Skipp, Cirkin, Parrott who need a couple of years to gain a bit more experience. I really don't see how anyone can complain that we are ignoring youth and are simply focusing on older players

That's not the "complaint."

With the club sending me an email this afternoon about season tickets and access to the stadium I am actually smelling a bit of a rat here. Maybe I am being cynical, but since when can we trust Levy not to bollock about and fuck up a “done deal”. Only just over a year since Dybala....pray it’s true my friends, but don’t be surprised if neither Reguilon or Bale arrive and we have Ryan Babel on loan instead.

Fuck off

Are you a bit slow? We have been doing this for years now. Bringing in potential. And every fucking year we come up short. I’m not saying Moura is the saviour. I’m saying that if we are replacing him, it should be with someone we know will improve us, not someone a dick on the internet has watched a few times and has decided will definitely cut the mustard

We would be bringing in someone who wound improve us.

Just because you haven't heard of a player does not mean they wouldn't improve us.

I know it is hard for you to understand basic arguments but understand that names like Eze and Stengs were used as examples of the type of player we could bring in not the only two guys it has to be. Feel free to replace them with any young, creative players that you have seen and like if that makes it easier for you to comprehend.

It is funny that the idea of replacing a redundant, poor Moura with a younger more creative player, the type of player we are missing in the squad is not only met with opposition but such anger as though we are suggesting to swap Kane with Deeney.

I know there is always a segment of the fanbase that loves whatever guy we have wearing our shirt today but there really doesn't need to be so much anger towards a suggestion that clearly improves the team.

Back
Top Bottom