Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of you may remember Darren Alexander, this was his song for Bale 10 years ago...

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale,
He was born to play for Spurs,
He was born to play for Spurs

Better than awful Bale Bale mooing and pointing rubbish at any rate.

Of course if we really cared, we'd learn to sing this in Welsh...

Imagine his little gibbon face!

Yep get a couple of old chants back which is always handy.

I know Bale is the more exciting of the two, but personally I'm much more excited at the prospect of Reguilon. With him on the left and a more settled Doherty on the right, it could drastically change the way we play regardless of Bale's presence.
More players that can consistently move the ball forward seems good! We should apply that logic to our midfield as well.

Amazing how suddenly “Champo cloggers” are all the rage
Innit Sammy. The executive management have been slaughtered for bringing in “potential” for years now. All about “resale value” cos they are money grabbing cunts.
we’ve got the possibility of bringing in a world beater who has already played for us (& I still maintain I’m cautious about how much we can expect of him so many years down the line & any loss of love for the game he has) but we’ve got cunts screaming out that he’s past it & we should be maintaining the policy of youth/development/resale that has got us where exactly?

We are talking about replacing Moura with Bale as opposed to replacing him with Eze. Bale almost certainly improves us immediately. Eze? Who is he even? The next Zaha?

Moura should already be replaced by Bergwijn anyways so I am talking about replacing Moura on the bench with Eze.

Nobody is saying Eze is Messi, just that he represents the type of player- young, offensive gifted, quality passer, good with the ball at his feet- that we are missing on the bench.

Look at the Everton game our bench options to try and score or change up the game were Sissoko, Lamela, Bergwijn and Ndombele. Bergwijn has speed and can make things happen but he is not best to play against a parked bus. Ndombele has not shown he has the fitness to play even a half at the moment.

What is the need to have two offensively challenged, poor passing wings who are in the 2nd half of their careers in Lamela and Moura on the bench? Neither over much more than being warm bodies that can provide running/effort off the bench.

Why not replace them with someone who is young and talented, can grow into potentially a better player and give us so much more off the bench?

Is it just because people have fallen in love with our mediocre players that they feel the need to run down players they admit they don't even know? Is the only way we can add players is if they are immediately great?

There are plenty of young players in the Eze mold that immediately improve us as well, might not have the impact that Bale will have but they are much better options than Moura.

Moura should already be replaced by Bergwijn anyways so I am talking about replacing Moura on the bench with Eze.

Nobody is saying Eze is Messi, just that he represents the type of player- young, offensive gifted, quality passer, good with the ball at his feet- that we are missing on the bench.

Look at the Everton game our bench options to try and score or change up the game were Sissoko, Lamela, Bergwijn and Ndombele. Bergwijn has speed and can make things happen but he is not best to play against a parked bus. Ndombele has not shown he has the fitness to play even a half at the moment.

What is the need to have two offensively challenged, poor passing wings who are in the 2nd half of their careers in Lamela and Moura on the bench? Neither over much more than being warm bodies that can provide running/effort off the bench.

Why not replace them with someone who is young and talented, can grow into potentially a better player and give us so much more off the bench?

Is it just because people have fallen in love with our mediocre players that they feel the need to run down players they admit they don't even know? Is the only way we can add players is if they are immediately great?

There are plenty of young players in the Eze mold that immediately improve us as well, might not have the impact that Bale will have but they are much better options than Moura.
Im bored of young talent. Give me proven quality. I want us to WIN NOW

Innit Sammy. The executive management have been slaughtered for bringing in “potential” for years now. All about “resale value” cos they are money grabbing cunts.
we’ve got the possibility of bringing in a world beater who has already played for us (& I still maintain I’m cautious about how much we can expect of him so many years down the line & any loss of love for the game he has) but we’ve got cunts screaming out that he’s past it & we should be maintaining the policy of youth/development/resale that has got us where exactly?
Exactly.
Imagine if we bought Eze and Bale went to Utd.

Yep I’m sure they would be all about the youth and unknown Champo potential and not want proven world class.

The actual bollocks being spouted

I think we potentially have a triffic balance of experience, winners, and some highly talented and highly rated younger players like Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Regulion and even Ndombele. Then there are Sessegnon, Skipp, Cirkin, Parrott who need a couple of years to gain a bit more experience. I really don't see how anyone can complain that we are ignoring youth and are simply focusing on older players

We definitely have a good balance of youth and experience in the side.

If I was trying to nitpick, I'd complain and say that even with Bale and Reguilon, we're too reliant on GLC in midfield. If Bale was to rediscover form, GLC would then become the most irreplaceable player in our team.

Ok mate. I won’t give you a disagree for an opinion. But you are talking out of your fucking arse.
Bring Eze on for a debut at half time against Everton when the team looked fucking shit? He plays like shit and gets called all the cunts under the sun for being another expensive wannabe. And then everyone moans that we should have kept Moura or bought a proven winner like Bale.
Moura is a really good player and a true pro. Not some whiny little gutless cunt. Play Eze or Sting or whoever the fuck is the “next big thing” in a system that doesn’t fit their skill set then it won’t work.
the Ajax game, most of us saw what could happen if the in game tactics changed to give him the lead role.
TLDR- Your opinion is shit.

Back
Top Bottom