Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We would be bringing in someone who wound improve us.

Just because you haven't heard of a player does not mean they wouldn't improve us.

I know it is hard for you to understand basic arguments but understand that names like Eze and Stengs were used as examples of the type of player we could bring in not the only two guys it has to be. Feel free to replace them with any young, creative players that you have seen and like if that makes it easier for you to comprehend.

It is funny that the idea of replacing a redundant, poor Moura with a younger more creative player, the type of player we are missing in the squad is not only met with opposition but such anger as though we are suggesting to swap Kane with Deeney.

I know there is always a segment of the fanbase that loves whatever guy we have wearing our shirt today but there really doesn't need to be so much anger towards a suggestion that clearly improves the team.
Unproven champo player>Gareth Bale>lucas Moura.
:goonermong:
Gotcha
:adethumbup:

Unproven champo player>Gareth Bale>lucas Moura.
:goonermong:
Gotcha
:adethumbup:

Never said Bale, in fact my first post on the topic was saying Bus Conductor was wrong to focus on Bale.

But yes it is very possible that there are players either in the Championship now or were last season that are better players than Moura.

Also as mentioned doesn't have to be a Championship player, could come from any number of leagues but I understand it is hard for you to get off Eze being used as an example.

It appears now the relegation players all suck argument that was shown to be silly with TAA and Robertson is now going to be replaced with the Champo players can't be better than a mediocre PL player despite that having been shown to be BS multiple times.

The only hope with regard to Bale, if it happens, is that we also view him as a striker back up too and we can stop chasing wanky strikers all over Europe/Watford to sit on our bench and spend that money on a position that will strengthen and upgrade our first team.
I think that might be in our thinking. Having Son and Bale as backup strikers isn’t a bad thing. Troy gaining experience on loan and ready for the squad next season too.

Assuming they don’t all get injured at the same time.

The only hope with regard to Bale, if it happens, is that we also view him as a striker back up too and we can stop chasing wanky strikers all over Europe/Watford to sit on our bench and spend that money on a position that will strengthen and upgrade our first team.
I think that might be in our thinking. Having Son and Bale as backup strikers isn’t a bad thing. Troy gaining experience on loan and ready for the squad next season too.

Assuming they don’t all get injured at the same time.

Are we then giving up on Europa League and the Domestic Cups?

Or going with wingers forced into forward roles that has repeatedly let us down?

Or playing our 3 injury prone players in multiple competitions and multiple games a week?

I certainly agree lets stay away from paying 25 million for a mediocre guy that does nothing for our starting 11, but if we could get a guy super cheap like Bas Dost for 5 million why not have him come in to play Europa and Plymouth type games?

The disrespect for Lucas is outrageous.
We would be bringing in someone who wound improve us.

Just because you haven't heard of a player does not mean they wouldn't improve us.

I know it is hard for you to understand basic arguments but understand that names like Eze and Stengs were used as examples of the type of player we could bring in not the only two guys it has to be. Feel free to replace them with any young, creative players that you have seen and like if that makes it easier for you to comprehend.

It is funny that the idea of replacing a redundant, poor Moura with a younger more creative player, the type of player we are missing in the squad is not only met with opposition but such anger as though we are suggesting to swap Kane with Deeney.

I know there is always a segment of the fanbase that loves whatever guy we have wearing our shirt today but there really doesn't need to be so much anger towards a suggestion that clearly improves the team.

Lucas Moura is a good squad player. At £25m he has been a successful signing - one of our more successful in recent years. I think the hate he gets is unjustified. He's one of the few players we have that can actually dribble past opposition defenders, pops up with important goals and contributes well defensively - and he's full of pashun. It seems to have become fashionable for the football hipsters to shoot him down but I don't get it.

Anyway this is a digression from the original point which was the ludicrous notion that Eze or Stengs would be a more exciting signing than Bale.

I know this fetishisation of the latest Football Manager backed 19-year old from Holland is tempting but this is going too far.

The disrespect for Lucas is outrageous.

Lucas Moura is a good squad player. At £25m he has been a successful signing - one of our more successful in recent years. I think the hate he gets is unjustified. He's one of the few players we have that can actually dribble past opposition defenders, pops up with important goals and contributes well defensively - and he's full of pashun. It seems to have become fashionable for the football hipsters to shoot him down but I don't get it.

Anyway this is a digression from the original point which was the ludicrous notion that Eze or Stengs would be a more exciting signing than Bale.

I know this fetishisation of the latest Football Manager backed 19-year old from Holland is tempting but this is going too far.
Moura has arguably been Spurs' best player in the last two seasons

Never said Bale, in fact my first post on the topic was saying Bus Conductor was wrong to focus on Bale.

But yes it is very possible that there are players either in the Championship now or were last season that are better players than Moura.

Also as mentioned doesn't have to be a Championship player, could come from any number of leagues but I understand it is hard for you to get off Eze being used as an example.

It appears now the relegation players all suck argument that was shown to be silly with TAA and Robertson is now going to be replaced with the Champo players can't be better than a mediocre PL player despite that having been shown to be BS multiple times.
When did TAA play for a relegated team?
Curious.

We can all flip flop. It’s our given right as spurs fans.
But I ain’t seen as much shit in a long time.
Imagine if Bale comes to us & Eze goes to united and tears it up. It will still be Levy’s fault.
Ive been 100% behind the youth/development policy (not so much resale value) but when people start moaning about potentially bringing back Bale as a retrograde step when we should be bringing in Eze or Sting...
:harrylol:

Yet start laughing at the same policy when we just signed that Ferguson kid from Sheff Utd...
Sigh

Back
Top Bottom