Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never mind all that mate, where can I get my hands on this? It looks the business.
pomoriiska-special.jpg
I think they call it Pliska. Bulgarian Schnapps.

Hojbjerg is better all around than Winks, especially defensively, but he's not a CB turned DM Ndidi type either. He has the skillset to screen a back 4, but it didn't help he was basically by himself in the midfield for the first 60 minutes until Ndombele came on.

He's coming from a completely different system and working with all new players. We need to give him (and Doherty) a run of matches. He's been mostly fine, sometimes bad. His biggest problem is that he keeps acting like he in Hasenhuttl's system and pressing too high when he needs to be more concerned with covering space.
PEH isn't a better passer, dribbler than Winks though.

He's just better at tackling and pressing.

good to see our plan to put out a strong team, so we could be 5 up at half time and put on 5 subs paid dividends then..........

mind you, the idea that they were going to cave in and be utter garbage was nonsensical

I am not giving excuses because it should have been 5-0 at half no matter what but I think the game is much different if the clear penalty is given. Maybe they stay in their 11 men in the box formation but I think it may have opened them up a little more.

Also yes it was a strong team but with the way Dier, Sissoko, Davies and PEH played today I would have gladly taken 4 u-23's to replace them.

I do wonder what kind of midfield Jose will want to play once Reguilon is in. I think today we got a hint it will be more defensive than we'd like it to be. Davies is OBVIOUSLY not Reguilon but he was bombing up the pitch today and Dohertey was as well.

Jose will want PEH to drop deep when our fullbacks are pressed up the pitch, and his selection of Sissoko today makes me worried he will want another more defensive minded midfielder in there as additional cover.

As much as we'd like to see...

Doherety-Sanches-Toby-Reguilon
--------Ndombele-Hojbjerg--------
---------------Lo Celso----------------
-----------Bale-Kane-Son------------

I think it's more likely we will see Sissoko or Winks in there as cover for our fullbacks.

If you play your two best progressive passing midfielders at the same time - you tend to play good football.

It is that simple.

In fact, now I remember - I don't even think Lo Celso played in that Bayern game.
Yup. And if Mourinho persists with his low block, with Doherty & Reguilon offering the width, and Bale-Kane-Sonny up front then:

WE NEED TO MOVE THE BALL FORWARDS QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY WHEN WE WIN IT BACK

And that means at least one of Ndombele and GLC, and preferably both, always need to be in our team.

Back
Top Bottom