Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With a game played on Sunday and another this weekend, guys that are already seemingly tired from international duty and some injury prone guys as well I am shocked that we needed to put out that line-up against Plovdiv.

I guess great to see the top guys play again but seems like a lot of risk for a game that our B team could have won in its sleep.

Maybe we don't need a back-up striker if we are just going to run Kane into the ground anyways.

Not sure how I feel about this. Part of me thinks how great it is that Mourinho wants this trophy badly and is taking no chances by fielding a very strong team, but then we got Southampton Sunday. I hope we are winning by a big margin by half time, then he can take off key players

Dsc01891a.jpg

Oh, have I missed the charming ol' stadiums in the backyard.
Sorry, apparently an old picture. They have renewed their stadium in proper soviet style. лв 1. Billion bulgarian lev's with adequate toilet facilities and happy hour vodka in the concourses.

Strong team, we are never gonna see Ndombele and Lo Celso on the same pitch are we. Think Jose still sees them as competition for the same spot.
Mourinho made some comments on Ndombele around slowly integrating him back into the squad after his injury at the end of last season and COVID. He made it sound like Ndombele and him were on the same page now, we can hope.

There's 9 matches in 20 days, I'm not to worried about who is starting for each match since we will need to rotate so damn much. After it settles down in October I will be interested to see what our preferred XI looks like.

After how Poch would always throw our Europa ties, I'm looking forward to seeing how we can do going for it at full strength!

Now I am guessing that even I might end up being in our squad for the League Cup game...

Teams will be able to make five substitutions but, to limit the number of stoppages, they will only be allowed to make these changes at three points in the game. These three occasions do not include changes at half-time, between the end of normal playing time and extra time, and at half-time during extra time. One additional substitution will be allowed during extra time.

Edit: That was 2019-20.

Clubs are set to continue making five substitutes next season (2020-21) after the International Football Association Board (The IFAB) confirmed the option would be extended beyond the end of the year.

Mr. Voldemort Mr. Voldemort
Not 100% but I think it's 3 subs (+1 if extra time) in qualifying and 5(+1) when it gets to group stages onward

With a game played on Sunday and another this weekend, guys that are already seemingly tired from international duty and some injury prone guys as well I am shocked that we needed to put out that line-up against Plovdiv.

I guess great to see the top guys play again but seems like a lot of risk for a game that our B team could have won in its sleep.

Maybe we don't need a back-up striker if we are just going to run Kane into the ground anyways.

Bore me later.

Back
Top Bottom