KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players failing to follow instructions is why we are generally poor. You can see what Jose wants from his team but some just don't seem to be able to follow simple instructions
This is why I keep saying Ndombele is an issue. People just dont want to accept that if a player doesnt follow the managers instructions, we will play like shit.

This is a must must must must win game. Let's not risk it. They have gotten a bunch of corners and look like they can create a chance or two. One goal is all they need.
This is a must win game? THIS is a must win game??? This is the exact opposite of a must win game. I'm completely indifferent to the outcome. I can never root against Spurs, but the cerebral part of my brain recognizes we'd be better off losing this game than winning it.

How anybody can say that a EL f'ing QUALIFIER is a "must must must must win game" is beyond me. We've got to win this game just so we can play ANOTHER qualifier, which if we win that only gets us into the GROUP stage. Do you remember how miserable the EL group stage is? I do. It's against 2 no-name teams and 1 decent one, eating up another 6 matches. Which if we get through that, only gets us into a position where we have to win 5 STRAIGHT GAMES to win the EL.

In fact, if we dropped this match, everybody could stop bitching about buying another striker as our schedule would clear right up. Would save us 25 million pounds right there.

Think the criticism of Dele is a bit harsh. He's not been horrible.

He's had our best chance besides the goal and put it on target, keeper just made a good save. He's trying some nice passes that are just weighted a bit too much.

He's not playing great but he's far from our worst player today and doesn't deserve to be singled out IMO.
Yes, but he was just on the chopping block and this is supposed to be his game to prove that he is re-committed. Viewed in that light...and any other he's just not good enough. Show me the money!

What's work rate got to do with him receiving the ball?
You have to make angles to receive the ball. Or to make space for others and all so not leave massive gaps. It's all running which he clearly doesn't like. If passes are too square in middle of pitch they are easy to intercept. He just doesn't do it enough. It's really poor trait for a midfielder. Especially one as good as him

Relax Guys. Jose is busy Building a team. Im impressed at both him and Levy this season. Our signings will payout in month or two. And they all want to play for Jose. Deli, Ndombele and all the others that have believed they are bigger than Spurs now see they arent. They gonna be playing for their place. I see trophies in our future.

I agree with you and I was expecting the players out there tonight to give Jose a selection headache but so far with the exception to of the 1st 5 mins, they’re sleep walking.

Granted the pitch is shit but it’s like walking football.

MajorDefiniteBee-size_restricted.gif
That's why you always use Swedish roads when you travel? You found oil. Apart from that you have fish. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom