KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched an episode of all or nothing which reminded me how sterile watching football without fans is. Last night's match was not a lot different to those friendlies a few weeks back. I was not sure if the 3rd goal had been ruled out as the players celebrations were so muted. Now I know the opposition were poor and VAR takes the spontaneity out of goal celebrations as you think is it going to be ruled out but another 6 months of no fans is going to be hard going.

Saying someone isn’t particularly consistent is not saying he is shit

Agree somewhat with his perceived lack of consistency but it's fairly obvious as to why this is the case. Throughout the season, he literally rotates around LW, RW, striker, false 9, and wing back. It's hard enough focusing on one position but he gets thrown in all different directions. It seems that his job is more or less to address our issues and to put out fires in those areas of need.

Also, if you take a look at his numbers since he's joined Spurs, his contributions to open play goals (goals + assists) per minute is the highest on the team. Yes, even higher than Kane, Eriksen, Dele etc. etc.

The question is, can he get better, address criticisms and truly become a player whose name gets mentioned in a Ballon Dor finalist type of discussion? If I were to bet on it, I think this might be the year where his level of play shatters our expectations.

this board is populated by people desperate to have people talk to them, because they probably don't have friends. Posting garbage about the better players being "shit" is their way of generating what would be known as clickbait elsewhere.
If these people had been supporters and there was internet back in the 60s they would have been saying the same about Greaves and Mckay.

some of the posters on here would make the place infinitely better if they started their own message board called "Why Spurs are shit" and then rubbed each other up, by denigrating anything and everything about the club, in a desperate attempt to make the truly gullible believe that they understand the game, or know what they are talking about.
Seriously, don't fall for it.
To be fair to him ( bus-conductor bus-conductor ), it's not like he was saying that Son is bad or not world class or whatever. Or that the club should get rid of him. Or that he shouldn't be playing.

I interpreted it as a post about how Son could improve and what his remaining weaknesses are, which seems like a reasonable enough thing to post, albeit perhaps controversial or unpopular given how good Son has been recently (the back end of last season would've been a better time).

As long as you're being fair in your analysis - and I agreed with most of his logic, so I think he was fair - criticising players is always fine. It just won't make you popular when it's a critique of a crowd favourite who's performing well, which is why I thought it was a bold post.

Maybe it was bait-ish but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. So far, I've found it to work since the overwhelming majority of people on this forum are decent on at least some level, even the ones who disguise it under several thick layers of cunt.

(His opinions of Son don't fully line up with my own btw. I've already said that I think he's world class. Spurs have gone from the Harry Kane Team to the Kane & Son Show -- which is mostly facetious but also kinda true: the club is very dependent on those two playing well.)

Last edited:
Just watched an episode of all or nothing which reminded me how sterile watching football without fans is. Last night's match was not a lot different to those friendlies a few weeks back. I was not sure if the 3rd goal had been ruled out as the players celebrations were so muted. Now I know the opposition were poor and VAR takes the spontaneity out of goal celebrations as you think is it going to be ruled out but another 6 months of no fans is going to be hard going.

I hate it.

I genuinely don't know why posters that never have a good thing to say about the club or the players bother. Why would you? Just go and support City or Liverpool. It must be so much better for your mental well-being.

Back
Top Bottom