Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we’ve had Janssen and Llorente and they hardly played. And we’re pretty ineffectual when they did. Maybe José is more of a fan of rotation than Poch was, but I doubt it. And watch the place burn to the ground when we rest Kane for a match, stick in Milik and lose 2-0 to West Brom.

I don’t think anyone is happy with going into a season with Kane as the only striking option. Jose certainly doesn’t seem to be a fan of this strategy. Personally, I think we’ve got fantastic depth out wide so could afford to have Son or Bale playing through the middle. And I’d rather that than signing a striker just because he’s a number nine. But if we can afford a top quality striker as well as a top quality centre half (which id suggest is essential), then crack on and get it done. Doubt we can though.
I don't think there is any doubt Jose will rotate more. he's also much more flexible than Poch and has shown he can play two strikers at the same time.

Janssen and Llorente were relegated to permanent back ups who never got a proper run in the team but Mou's shown he will play a back up striker in the EL games and rest Kane, Poch never did.

Hahahaahaha
Winning or losing has nothing to do with it?
So you want a striker but not to affect our results?
Maybe if we spent 70M on Havertz we could lose half time 3-0 to West Brom too.
Because you know coming back from 3-0 means fuck all because they were poor for 45 minutes right.....

Why is nobody “looking at Chelsea” the past week.
Except of course when they beat Barnsley
You're going off on a tangent again.
We need a back up striker, Levy must get one, that's it.

Let's get this done and dusted by tomorrow/Tuesday. Then turn our attention to the elusive 2nd striker.

I don't think there is any doubt Jose will rotate more. he's also much more flexible than Poch and has shown he can play two strikers at the same time.

Janssen and Llorente were relegated to permanent back ups who never got a proper run in the team but Mou's shown he will play a back up striker in the EL games and rest Kane, Poch never did.
Let’s hope Kane is happy with that. Granted, he does have a ropey injury record, but do we rotate him when he’s fit and firing? Definitely a tough thing to balance.

Let's get this done and dusted by tomorrow/Tuesday. Then turn our attention to the elusive 2nd striker.
Errr - we can be working on 2 transfers simultaneously - just FYI

With this attitude and his injury record we should let him go and just get Weghorst instead. He will be more excited to take the step up and compete. Milik wants to get off the Napoli bench and play, if he doesn't think he can compete in our squad then let him go.

I think Mourinho said something similar himself, that he doesn't want a striker who is afraid of Harry Kane.
This isn't new though it was reported a while back that he had fears about being back up.

quick look suggests we need a back-up centre forward (although the club may argue that there is enough in the squad without dipping into the transfer market?)

son - kane - bale
bergwijn - dele - moura
sessegnon - parrott - clarke

lo celso - hojbjerg - ndombele
lamela - winks - sissoko
white - skipp - roles

davies - dier - alderweireld - doherty
reguilon - tanganga - sanchez - aurier
cirkin - carter-vickers - foyth - gedson

lloris
gazzaniga
hart
parrott could prove to be that back-up centre forward come the end of his loan spell at millwall, so any player we look at now is important. daniel sturridge on a free could plug a gap until parrott is ready although, what sort of output he would contribute is very much debatable. paying £40m plus for a back-up forward does seem a tad over kill but then, le arse bought lacazette for £46.5m, then signed aubameyang for £56m so...

maybe we should be looking at a player in that £40m plus range. don't forget that kane could well play with this new fella in the number ten role

new forward
son ---- kane ---- bale​

dele isn't a centre forward and to be honest, it doesn't look like he will stay unfortunately. i personally hate that idea because you just know he's going to smash it where ever he goes lol!

it also doesn't look good when our only 'eriksen' type player is lo celso. if he gets injured, who get the ball to the front line? i suppose ndombele is kind of like that but in most people's 'first eleven', both play together

a creative midfielder, a defensive midfielder, a quality centre forward, a centre back

yeah, that's not going to happen lol. just want to post this though....

son - kane - bale
bergwijn - milik - moura

lo celso - ndombele
cortinho - hojbjerg

zakaria

winks

reguilon - sanchez - skriniar - doherty
davies - dier - alderweireld - tanganga

lloris
gazzaniga
hart
Not a single capital letter. Pretty impressive. I kinda like it.

What say you Bill Madrid Bill Madrid as an English teacher?

With this attitude and his injury record we should let him go and just get Weghorst instead. He will be more excited to take the step up and compete. Milik wants to get off the Napoli bench and play, if he doesn't think he can compete in our squad then let him go.

I think Mourinho said something similar himself, that he doesn't want a striker who is afraid of Harry Kane.

Far too many 'irons in the fire' at the moment for this 2nd striker vacancy which we have had for some time now. Faffing about regarding this means we risk getting no-one. I'd much rather concentrate our efforts on getting the Skriniar deal in the bag which addresses a significant and current problem and then have a look at what "bargains" are available for a back up striker to satisfy Mourinho's plea to get one. The way it's heading we could end up with neither positions filled.

You're going off on a tangent again.
We need a back up striker, Levy must get one, that's it.
Where have I said we don’t need one?
And what do you care? You said you will moan all season anyway because it’s too late.....or.....no I made that up didn’t I.
You said you will moan because we should have signed one by now, even though the window isn’t shut and we have P4 W3 L1 D0

So who gives a fuck actually what you think, because you’re not one of the fans who will be appeased with a striker now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom