Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know people will argue over VAR decisions all day. For me the FA and EPL are a fucking disgrace. The offside ruling and handball rule have needed looking at for 3 seasons and they have done nothing! These pricks need to start being held to account, their lack of effort and care is killing the league!

Isn't it out of their hands now though? I thought that UEFA have said that the FA and EPL have to strictly follow their VAR rules from this season.

The rest of the play doesn't matter though so what would be the point? He can't see the dodgy foul and call it back.

The problem isn't the ref it is the rule.

What would be the point of it being corrupt? You think the FA want to give points to Mike Ashley who is publicly calling them out over the Sauid transfer deal?

There is no corruption or anything wrong with what VAR did in this situation it is a complete shit rule that is the issue.
I didn't say it was corrupt. In fact I said it's not about corruption.

If I made the rules, that wouldn't be a penalty either, but if we're gonna compare and contrast with Dier...

- he sees the ball coming and moves before it hits him
- there's way more distance between him and Ndombele than between Dier and Carroll
- it's his arms that stop the ball going past him and reaching Kane to put him in a goal scoring position

There's a case for it. I think we'd all be a lot less irritated if the referee had at least gone over to look at it.
It’s outside the box but it denies a clear goal scoring opportunity for Kane. Refereeing these days is so poor.

What annoys me every time football fucks up big time is it is us that get fucked big time, the Sissoko ‘‘handball’’ in the final, the CL spots with Chelsea coming 5th and winning the CL.

When granny farts you kick the dog, we are the dog.

I'm not sure what else to say that hasn't already been said. Initially I was pissed but now I just feel empty.

Legitimately everybody involved knows this was a travesty but nobody will change it.

I'm not mad or sad, I just feel empty. Football should bring us joy or pain but this is just an indictment on where the sport is.

If I made the rules, that wouldn't be a penalty either, but if we're gonna compare and contrast with Dier...

- he sees the ball coming and moves before it hits him
- there's way more distance between him and Ndombele than between Dier and Carroll
- it's his arms that stop the ball going past him and reaching Kane to put him in a goal scoring position

There's a case for it. I think we'd all be a lot less irritated if the referee had at least gone over to look at it.

For sure. Not a pen. Nor was the Kane one where he handled.

I'm just astounded that VAR and the refs went out of their way to give them a pen.

The foul, the offside, the push on Dier. I'm not even mad. I'm more worried for the game that it can be manipulated so blatantly.

Newcastle were screaming for handballs all match. It is a clear tactic now.

They will make any rule change that will lead to more whistles, replays and delays that lead to commercials and ad revenue, especially as grounds empty

You think water breaks were for the players?

NFL here we come

Isn't it out of their hands now though? I thought that UEFA have said that the FA and EPL have to strictly follow their VAR rules from this season.
Not sure to be honest pal. In this case what is the point in home country football associations if they can't even affect their own leagues! Paying people a fortune each year to sit in a HQ and do fuck all!!

I didn't say it was corrupt. In fact I said it's not about corruption.

You said not saying its corrupt but

When the but is put in there that usually means that the person is going to say why it is corrupt. If that is not what you meant fair enough.

Mate none were pens.
I disagree on the second...all cocking about aside, the one that pic was of probably isn't. Its not unfair to question the process though....the ref might have given it if he saw it again...so why is the dier one checked and others not.

One of the biggest problems, especially compared to both forms of egg chasing is that no one knows why decisions are being made. But rugby the referees mic is piped through to TV, and in some stadia, to the crowd ( bearing in mind that only televised games get the service, which is awful, imo) apparently the reason they don't do that with football is the PFA.

At the very least they have sort it out so the handball rule is the same whatever end its at. And if we are going to have VAR, the paying customer has to be able to understand why its being used at the time.

Wait, an insightful and informative thing from TalkSport?

kQ.gif

Lord. My opinion and you don't have to like it. But how am I cowardly?

Pretty honest in my assessment that we gave them a chance in the second half. Sure the rule sucks and gave them a point, but we played like shit still.
I don’t agree with it and yeah I don’t like it

How are you cowardly .,.. you tell me you chose the name

craven = coward

Back
Top Bottom