Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember that someone posted a statistic where we are the less benefited team from VAR decisions last season. Lots of them were unfair and It was probaly the difference between be in the Champions or be in the Europe. Now comes this shite rule that turns into penalty something that happen 10 times a games but no one can see and is up tô VAR again.

When ref was asked to look at the VAR screen, instead of playing the whole sequence, all he got was a freeze frame of ball in contact with Dier's hand. Why no context? Surely he should see the whole play at least. And probably the dodgy free kick that led to it too. It's as if VAR wanted him to make the decision. Not saying it's corrupt, but VAR having made his/her mind up, he/she wanted on field ref to agree.

They've tried to remove the subjectivity from handball decisions, but it's impossible. You get the ridiculous technical handballs, but you haven't removed subjectivity and potential for ref bias either. Worst of both worlds.

We were robbed. The whole football world knows that. But we only have ourselves to blame. Should have been at least 4-0 up. Then you get more mismanagement by the owners. Not buying a back up striker means our star forward players are going to pick up injuries as Son already has. Also they are fart-arsing about with the Skriniar deal. Chances are it doesn’t get done now. Then you’ve got Jose. Still picking Dier and Winks when he’s got Toby and N’Dombele sitting on the bench. The whole thing is a bit of a clusterfuck. We should have been prepared for this ridiculous September schedule - but we weren’t.

Oh youre right. The Kane one.

I was referring to this one which didn't seem to interest the ref/VAR.

Levy needs to send a team of lawyers to get an explanation about this one because I am at a loss. There were too fouls committed by United v BHA that were eerily similar to Dier v Pogba a few months ago.

What is going on???

Anyway, bullshit VAR and handball decisions aside:

I still think this was a relatively good performance and one to definitely look back on with positives. Especially that first half performance. Thought we looked comfortable defensively. The players knew when to counter, when to press and all seemed to know what was asked of them which was a million times better then what we saw against Everton and in the first half against Southampton.

Ndombele and Reguilon both to come into this side still out of those who are fit enough to make the squad. I cannot wait to see Reguilon bombing up and down that left wing, giving us another dimension.

Three games coming up now, one every 2 days or so. Regardless of priorities, big game on Tuesday. Chelsea is never easy nor would I ever say it's not important. Take this fucking anger out on them and beat them. Knock them out of the cup. Then go and knock Maccabi Haifa out of the cup and go to Old Trafford and show them who the fuck we are.

COYS

I know people will argue over VAR decisions all day. For me the FA and EPL are a fucking disgrace. The offside ruling and handball rule have needed looking at for 3 seasons and they have done nothing! These pricks need to start being held to account, their lack of effort and care is killing the league!

Honestly so close to just packing it in this season and taking a break from watching the games. Was just getting excited seeing Ndombele coming through, signing Bale and Reguilon, playing like a proper team first half.

Then slapped back down to reality with a disgusting decision like that. Not only is the whole incident bullshit, but due to the EFL and FA scheduling we now have an injury to our most inform player.

The football authorities don’t like or care about tottenham or its players. We crashed their top 4 party over the past few years and they want Jose to fail at every turn.

How can we possibly contend with this? Why should I bother stressing myself out over something that is out of our control. I bet you any money that the law will be changed over the course of the next few weeks but no retrospective action will be taken.

Would be easy to say OTT to this post but that's what it feels like.

Now supposedly we play Tuesday, then Thursday and then Sunday.

Sheer dog sh!t.

Back
Top Bottom