Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s the bureaucrats trying to make the game more exciting, thinking it will result in more goals. The referee associations go along with this because it’s easier for them and removes a layer of blame ( they can just outsource this to the rules). It’s the supporters who pay the price - no one wanted this rule change, no one really wanted VAR. Improvements to referees yes - not something which endlessly slows the game down and adds a layer of doubt to every goal scored. Why ruin something that worked? Why?
Cricket. Run, in the main, by ex international cricketers. Rugby. Run, in the main, by ex international rugby players.
Football. Run by arguably corrupt beauracrats.

Says it all when when the OPPOSITION manager is saying it was a joke.

Although fuck him though, with his cheating bastard players, that "free kick" given that lead to the penalty was an even bigger farce.

I respectfully disagree sorry. There is nothing smarter he could have done in that phase of play. He had to jump. You use your arms to jump and land. It ricocheted into him from behind. What else could he have done apart from not jump?
I’m not saying its a fair decision. But what is the alternative, keep jumping the same way and giving penalties then complaining on this forum? It’s fuckn shit but surely in the last minute of the game when u almost just had a penalty, keep ur fuckn hands down.

I slightly disagree. They had a couple of handballs in their box but VAR didn't call shit.

They spend 5 minutes drawing offside lines which clearly show the shoulder is out in front yet don't call it.

Rules are rules but they only seemed to apply to us this game. Even the "foul" wasn't a foul leading up to it yet VAR said nothing.

The refs are deciding the games now. Not the players. That is a 4 point swing in favour of Manure this weekend due to VAR.
The refs being the ones in headsets at Stockley Park with zero accountability?
I get your point..they choose to review what they want,when they want. Zero consistency.

Not the refere's fault today or yesterday. They are adhering to the letter of the law. I'm not shouting, like I normally used to, and saying "Oh fuck off Ref that was never a penalty !"
Now I am watching him look at a slow motion replay again and again not taking into account any other factor whatsoever except "Did the ball touch the arm whilst it was in what is defined under the handball law as an "unnatural position".

I can seriously imagine some of the referees being embarassed at having to give such decisions. They may be pig headed cunts at times but in these circumstances they are simply doing their job and complying to the rules.

Only one place for the shower of shit to fall and that's the FA. I just hope and pray they all have their hands down by their sides when it does hit and get covered from head to toe. We cannot allow this to continue for the rest of the season. This absurdity within our beautiful game needs dealing with NOW !

If he was embarrassed then he wouldn't have given our coach a red card for arguing it.

I get the 'its the rule' thing but today's was absurd. Being Dier. Two yards away. Jumping. To give that is shit refereeing.

And don't get me started on the free kick in the first place...

I’m not saying its a fair decision. But what is the alternative, keep jumping the same way and giving penalties then complaining on this forum? It’s fuckn shit but surely in the last minute of the game when u almost just had a penalty, keep ur fuckn hands down.

But how do you jump properly with your hands down? He gets enough stick as it is...if Dier tried to jump like that and they scored he'd be lynched

Back
Top Bottom