Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's exactly what happened, we didn't 'hold out' in the sense it was backs to the wall stuff (quite the opposite) but when you're not getting number 2 and 3 and the game continues you're always in dangerous waters.

Sorry, but you're talking cobblers..... We didn't play for a 1-0.

By the way for whoever watched the immediate Sky reaction with Graham Souness , what on earth was he on about? I hope a weasel producer got in his ear and told him to play the other side because that was a pathetic assessment of the VAR / handball rule situation, basically said these new rules make football more exciting and more goals are scored hahaha

he is such a dick in his playing days of strikers just booted the ball against his arm for pens and got them I bet he wouldn’t be happy.

Not sure what to make of football anymore.
I love Tottenham but I have fallen out of love with the game, it’s a mess.
The tragedy is it has been destroyed from within. In an effort to make it more entertaining and lucrative for the sports media services football has been ripped apart by the FA with technology and rules that have destroyed the very essence of this beautiful game.
The victims are the clubs and supporters with the media and pundits earning a fortune from the chaos and controversy that has erupted from this sad and sordid turn of events.
Let's hope common sense prevails and after this weekend something positive is done before the game, as we know and love it, becomes extinct.

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:

When have we been good at sitting in a shell and holding onto a lead though? To pin this on the rule change is fine, but the bigger issue is just letting a team come back into the game and being okay with that.
I don't disagree, but we still out shot them in the 2nd half and sometimes you have to manage energy. It made more sense to try it today given the Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday schedule.

Bullshit decisions, but... we have to be more aggressive with these decisions. If there is a handball in the oppo's box, our players are too nice, putting your hand up is not enough. Have a go at the referee, shout, discuss, there is a good chance he gives us a penalty for once.

Aside from that, we played well. Son is injured, so it's time for Bergwijn to step up, his start to the season didn't convince me so far. COYS

You've got managers, current players, ex-players, pundits and the general public ALL saying the rules are wrong.

What's worse is that even if they do decide to change the rules now, it's too fucking late - we and other clubs have already been fucked over and nothing they do is going to fix that.

"We should've put the game to bed earlier" is the most ridiculous argument. It's irrelevant whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, that is never a penalty and the complete bullshit lack of consistency with which decisions get checked by VAR is killing the game. The fact of the matter is that's not a penalty and we should've won that game. We don't have ourselves to blame, the players were good today, scoring aside, and Newcastle were fucking wank.
Hmm I disagree. When there are lot of bad VAR decisions especially with handballs. I find it strange to be shocked when they happen. Maybe you guys are right & its a 1 off. But I am expecting many more VAR decisions. I can't trick myself in to being shocked over bad VAR calls. If there is a dodgy handball VAR decision in this city game, I honestly won't be astonished & in shock.

Ei7uAr-XgAEiq2D
Tbh thats not handball and neither was the N'dombele one.

The tragedy is it has been destroyed from within. In an effort to make it more entertaining and lucrative for the sports media services football has been ripped apart by the FA with technology and rules that have destroyed the very essence of this beautiful game.
The victims are the clubs and supporters with the media and pundits earning a fortune from the chaos and controversy that has erupted from this sad and sordid turn of events.
Let's hope common sense prevails and after this weekend something positive is done before the game, as we know and love it, becomes extinct.

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:

It's what happened to the NBA in my opinion. You can't even guard someone now without getting called for a foul. But people like 130-120 games verse the old days when it was a slugfest.

We should definitely have scored more goals. But that doesn't make the decision correct. Or any less diabolical

It just means we're even more fucking pissed off with it than we would have been if we'd have at least got 3 points to show for it.

The draw is just rubbing salt into the wound.

Back
Top Bottom