Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they don't change the rule, managers and players of all teams need to get together and say, "If the call is clearly BS, we are kicking the ball out of bounds"

Bielsa had the courage to make a wrong, right and the teams need to stand up to the league and the international body.

It's insane, 25 games and 20 pens (obviously not all are handball). Let the ref be in control again.

I think I had it coming after my barrage on FT to be honest!!

Can't complain... said some shifty things in the heat of the moment.

It doesn't really matter .... football... does it? I mean really.... in the grand scheme of things.... a bunch of multi millionaires, running around to please US.... and make US happy?
It doesn't mean shit does it...?

THAT'S why football is dying.....
'Cos guess what folks....?
it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER!!!!

and THAT'S what big businesses know...
It's a fun fair now... .NOT a matter of life and death.....
FOOTBALL as we knew it is DEAD.

...and THAT'S what I'm struggling to come to terms with....
Fair enough mate but your one of the good guys on here , and I know what you mean I was expecting us to concede a goal after the amount we missed , I could have took a clumsy Aurier tackle for a pen , or a Andy Carroll header from a free kick but I just can’t deal with this VAR bollocks , there are just no words for it any more like you said the game as we know it is dead, the only bright thing from today is that no fans were allowed so I didn’t waste a day travelling

When have you ever heard anyone claim referring has radically altered the game for the worse? It’s hasn’t happened.

We still get bad referring we just now get the game get constantly slowed down as well.
People used to say how PL referees are terrible , blah blah all the time. Managers would constantly be crying abotu how a referee decision changed the game, etc etc. Now instead of refs, they are blaming technology.

People used to say how PL referees are terrible , blah blah all the time. Managers would constantly be crying abotu how a referee decision changed the game, etc etc. Now instead of refs, they are blaming technology.

They still blame refs because they still make mistakes - what they don’t do is object to the actual concept of a referee which is what many are doing with VAR. Huge difference

Seems like confirmation bias to me. Last week, for example, Spurs scored 5 from 6 shots on target and 9 shots total. That's an outrageous rate of scoring. But your hypothesis requires that we ignore literally the last game in the league to support it. (And if you don't like expectation models because they're nondeterministic, shot-to-goal ratio reveals a fairly similar pattern anyway.)

All football fans make enormous cognitive errors when thinking about their own teams. I'd go so far as to suggest that it's almost impossible for fans to think rationally when it comes to their team.
You're right, obviously, that it's difficult to make rational judgements of your own team.

I think your use of last week's results is good, as these really seem to be the two sorts of matches we have - score 3 on less than 10 shots, or score 1 on 20 shots. I think thats our issue in a nutshell...we just can't consistently impose our attacking will on opponents and manage 2 or 3 goals from 12-20 shots. Our attack always seems laborious, whereas for the clubs winning trophies it seems an effortless inevitability.

I think thats why we struggle specifically in the league...our "average" over the course of the season just isn't good enough. We just don't score enough goals, whether we're dominating possessing, shots, xG or whatever is beside the point. And its been consistent enough over nearly a decade that its about time we stop considering ourselves unlucky, or blaming it on VAR. We're, by and large, authors of our own misfortune.

Stop it, I feel bad enough as it is!

Still so angry as to how it turned out, but we only have ourselves to blame, should have had them dead and buried in the first half!
Ealesy , apart from the fact that you've been on here long enough to know that it is treason to disagree with me, would like to know what you disagree with in the above post. Thank you.

Shut up. He didn't do anything wrong there, the decision was a fucking joke.

He didn't use his hands, his arms are used when jumping for leverage and protection. The same way Carroll uses his arms when he jumps.
Listen you dumb fuck. What’s your great solution then? It was a clear tactic of theirs and it will keep happening unless we adapt. It’s irrelevant if he did something wrong if it keeps causing us penalties. We can’t just keep losing points and complaining. It’s now a clear tactic in the game, it’s not about the moral argument of players need to jump with their arms. The biggest risk now from crosses like that is handball.

Expected something like this to come. Football right now is a VARsical joke. Not a funny one either. No sense left in the game. No fans. A big business charade. Like so much of life we’re being taken as mugs.

Had a lovely roast dinner, a few nice drinks, bonfire with the kids... and I’m still absolutely fuming.

Listen you dumb fuck. What’s your great solution then? It was a clear tactic of theirs and it will keep happening unless we adapt. It’s irrelevant if he did something wrong if it keeps causing us penalties. We can’t just keep losing points and complaining. It’s now a clear tactic in the game, it’s not about the moral argument of players need to jump with their arms. The biggest risk now from crosses like that is handball.

So let's sign players with no arms then shall we? It's fucking retards like you that allow the officials to get away with daft interpretation of rules like this.

He didn't do anything wrong you fucking idiot, he was penalised by a retarded interpretation of the handball laws. Almost all of the intelligent footballing world can see this apart from spastics like yourself who expect grown men to be able to jump for a challenge and somehow miraculously avoid all use of their arms.

I guess you work with the FA. If not you're clearly fucking stupid enough to do so.

I'm still a bit raging and would happily slap a few names in here if they weren't so virtual. Stench of 'soccer' about most of them tbh.
Yep, that's what the game has become, some form of soccer-ball because this shit isn't recognisable as football. A few (thankfully a tiny minority on here) think all is well however. Fascinating

Kinda sick of everyone saying we should have scored more. The keeper had an outstanding fucking game and made some fabulous saves. It’s not like we missed 9 sitters and 2 open nets. It’s the equivalent of saying the keeper should not have played so well. It’s stupid. We were cruising to a comfortable and dominate 1-0 win and got fucked over by a shit rule. It’s that simple.

Back
Top Bottom