Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You just know Bale will be permanently broken, this Vinicius chap will be the new Bobby Soldier / Vinny J and Hodgebodge and Doc will run off into the sunset together or something. Spursy.

Well fingers crossed anyway, because I wouldn't know how to act if we actually won something.
Fecking millennial!!

Fecking millennial!!
I wish.

I remember walking to primary school on the Monday after the '81 FA Cup final win with a scarf hanging out of each pocket, a silk cap (remember them?) on and a rosette pinned to my coat. I was on fucking cloud 9. I don't think I knew of one other Spurs fan in my school. But I was fucked if I was gonna miss the opportunity of letting people know my club had won the cup.

I wish.

I remember walking to primary school on the Monday after the '81 FA Cup final win with a scarf hanging out of each pocket, a silk cap (remember them?) on and a rosette pinned to my coat. I was on fucking cloud 9. I don't think I knew of one other Spurs fan in my school. But I was fucked if I was gonna miss the opportunity of letting people know my club had won the cup.
You weren’t nobody if you didn’t have a silk cap and silk scarf at school after that. Lording it up over the glory Liverpool fans that were everywhere.
Some things never change.

You weren’t nobody if you didn’t have a silk cap and silk scarf at school after that. Lording it up over the glory Liverpool fans that were everywhere.
Some things never change.
Thing is I was in North West Norfolk. Most kids thought Spurs were something to do with John Wayne.

You just know Bale will be permanently broken, this Vinicius chap will be the new Bobby Soldier / Vinny J and Hodgebodge and Doc will run off into the sunset together or something. Spursy.

Well fingers crossed anyway, because I wouldn't know how to act if we actually won something.
I reckon we should no longer use the word spursy in the forum (I hate it) and ask Admin Admin to consider using a word check like we have for Woolwich and replacing it with perhaps "unlucky" instead.
Let's start this season as we mean to go on. Forward and upward. That word has no true meaning any more. Let's kill it.

I reckon we should no longer use the word spursy in the forum (I hate it) and ask Admin Admin to consider using a word check like we have for Woolwich and replacing it with perhaps "unlucky" instead.
Let's start this season as we mean to go on. Forward and upward. That word has no true meaning any more. Let's kill it.
Yup - love that. Maybe a disagree for every use of the term? This is my vow to never use it on here again. (Until it's relevant obviously)

We’re approaching what looks like a pretty balanced squad with some real quality.
Add to that they seem to be all pulling in the right direction

first time in a while I felt positive about our chances

COYS

Agreed. Certainly the deepest squad we have had since I started following. We might be able to finally deal with an injury.

I wish.

A few years later (it must have been '85 and I must have been 18, still living in Italy of course) a friend of mine went to London for 6 months as an au pair... she asked me what should she bring back and I told her "bring me a Spurs cap, one of those with blue and white slices" (I didn't know the name haha).
She actually went to a game (villa , if I remember) and got it for me. On that day she fell in love with Spurs too

It was such a precious gift. I still got that hat in Italy in a football memorabilia drawer

This.
I feel very passionate about that. We will win and sometimes lose, but we need to be positive, we need to surrender to the idea that this club has no limits upwards

A few years later (it must have been '85 and I must have been 18, still living in Italy of course) a friend of mine went to London for 6 months as an au pair... she asked me what should she bring back and I told her "bring me a Spurs cap, one of those with blue and white slices" (I didn't know the name haha).
She actually went to a game (villa , if I remember) and got it for me. On that day she fell in love with Spurs too

It was such a precious gift. I still got that hat in Italy in a football memorabilia drawer
Love this. Great little anecdote.

Maybe you should start a poll about should we dump the term in here. You've certainly given the best reason for us doing so.
I must admit that I have been thinking about that hahah... Let our season get some momentum first :allitongue:

But anyway, I don't see it as a "we shouldn't do that"thing; it's more about getting conscious that positivity helps the results , even if we are far from the Lane and we cannot sing . It's about how we relate to Spurs in every moment. Thoughts are energy that we project into everything in our lives

Honestly i have no idea about this guy, suppose we will have to wait and see...
But it hardly fills me with excitement, if he is so good then why have benfica let him leave on loan..think this is a move of desperation, I hope he shocks us all and smashes the Premier league but I have big doubts. Had anybody genuinely heard of him before 2 weeks ago ?

Honestly i have no idea about this guy, suppose we will have to wait and see...
But it hardly fills me with excitement, if he is so good then why have benfica let him leave on loan..think this is a move of desperation, I hope he shocks us all and smashes the Premier league but I have big doubts. Had anybody genuinely heard of him before 2 weeks ago ?
Maybe Benfica are confident he'll do well enough to make us trigger the option to buy him? Most of the richer clubs have already done swapping strikers. So, I don't think Benfica were going to find anyone else willing to spend £40m+ for him other than us. And we wanted to test him before buying him. Because there were no other takers, they agreed to our wish.

One of the rare occassions where waiting for the end of the window meant we've got a better deal than we would've if we went for him earlier.
:llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom