Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That walking heart attack cash cow AFTV cunt Wobbie had the audacity to tweet about us and how it is spursy for our result to be
"being overshadowed " .

1-6 is arguably better than 7-2. Away wins always are

It's just extremely bizarre but shows the power of the media to will narratives into existence. The only outlet I've heard talk about how little progress they have actually made under Arteta is Statsbomb's podcast. The hosts were talking last week about how concerning it is (from a scum perspective) that they are simply not generating many shots at all.

They have more structure in their play but what they've mostly just giving up the ball and trying to hit teams on the counter, at least from what I've seen. Which, fine, is an effective tactic but when Jose does it the media calls him a dinosaur and not a tactical genius.

Another thing I've noticed is if you try and play out the back, pundits will gobble your knob up even if you're shit at it and it costs you goals. I noticed it during (and after) the Liverpool match where they were being praised for having an "identity" and trying to play through the Liverpool press. They were awful at it though and were constantly giving Liverpool chances because of it. It doesn't make you smart to do a "progressive" tactic if it gives you bad results.

Whatever, it is what it is. The media has made up their mind about him and that's fine by me since I have seen nothing impressive in their play this season.

EDIT - Also, for the season, they are allowing more xG from open play than they are creating. For reference, tactical dinosaur Mourinho has a 4.88 xG for and 2.35 xG allowed so far this season.

Great series of points and I agree wholeheartedly. I don’t really like statsbomb but I’ll seek out that podcast as it backs up my thoughts on them. They do seem to be picking up wins annoyingly though. Although apparently Luiz should of been sent off early doors yesterday but the ref bottled it.

That walking heart attack cash cow AFTV cunt Wobbie had the audacity to tweet about us and how it is spursy for our result to be
"being overshadowed " .

1-6 is arguably better than 7-2. Away wins always are

If people aren't talking about our win then great. It's another thing for Jose to use to rile the players up, no respect etc. If I was him I'd be showing the sky coverage of them talking about Man U for 25 mins and nothing on us.

Guendouzi now gone from Woolwich.

That leaves their central midfield options as :

Ceballos (Loan)
Ozil (Hasn't played since March)
El-Neny
Willock
Xhaka

I mean.... That's awful.

That is beyond ridiculous, Ozil should put his hands in his pocket and fund the mascot, not as if he's got anything better to spend his millions on, at the moment!
Can't believe that they still are funding transfers and penny pinching this way. Idiots!

Guendouzi now gone from Woolwich.

That leaves their central midfield options as :

Ceballos (Loan)
Ozil (Hasn't played since March)
El-Neny
Willock
Xhaka

I mean.... That's awful.

Are they not getting Partley or Aouar?

Of all their midfield player Guendouzi seemed like their most competent.

Are they not getting Partley or Aouar?

Of all their midfield player Guendouzi seemed like their most competent.

Auoar has told Lyon he's staying.

Latest rumours from todays deadline is that they want Partey but Atletico have said they haven't received a bid and won't be selling him for any less than his 45m release clause

Auoar has told Lyon he's staying.

Latest rumours from todays deadline is that they want Partey but Atletico have said they haven't received a bid and won't be selling him for any less than his 45m release clause
Looks like they'll be paying his release clause after all.

They've needed to completely deplete their midfield depth to do it though. Let's not forget they are playing Europa as well and will be slammed with fixtures in the near future as well. They won't be able to rotate and keep a quality side out there AND if one of their first XI picks up an injury (which is almost sure to happen with fixture congestion) they are well and truly fucked.

I respected two things about Woolwich. Wenger, who gave the rivalry purpose. A nemesis you could be proud to lock horns with. And Gunnersaurus.

This rivalry is dead to me.

Back
Top Bottom