Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is utterly bizarre. So annoying they won the cup as it just perpetuated it. I saw them against West Ham and Liverpool this season and they looked no different to last season. Lucky to beat West Ham and could of been properly smashed against Liverpool.

Hopefully they don’t get one of their midfield targets in but I suspect Lyon will cave in the end like they did with us and Ndombele.
Hopefully, Barcelona would be able to pick Memphis away from Lyon, so Lyon would have the cash to hold on to Aouar.

The media frenzy for this fraud compared to what they say about Mourinho is astounding.

The biggest elephant in the room is that be it West Ham or Man City they're getting ripped apart for 80+ minutes every match.

.....Yet we beat them by forcing them to be pro-active and it's "waaaah, negative Spurs.... Anti football......" tears.

Haha.png

BluePleasedBlackpanther-small.gif

Miss! Miss! I know this one.

You'd end up in the championship next season.

The media frenzy for this fraud compared to what they say about Mourinho is astounding.

Extraordinary impact! WTF! One flukey cup and their lowest finish in years. What a joke.

They still have signed fuck all of note and the deadwood is still there drawing a nice wage. Great

Last edited:

It's just extremely bizarre but shows the power of the media to will narratives into existence. The only outlet I've heard talk about how little progress they have actually made under Arteta is Statsbomb's podcast. The hosts were talking last week about how concerning it is (from a scum perspective) that they are simply not generating many shots at all.

They have more structure in their play but what they've mostly just giving up the ball and trying to hit teams on the counter, at least from what I've seen. Which, fine, is an effective tactic but when Jose does it the media calls him a dinosaur and not a tactical genius.

Another thing I've noticed is if you try and play out the back, pundits will gobble your knob up even if you're shit at it and it costs you goals. I noticed it during (and after) the Liverpool match where they were being praised for having an "identity" and trying to play through the Liverpool press. They were awful at it though and were constantly giving Liverpool chances because of it. It doesn't make you smart to do a "progressive" tactic if it gives you bad results.

Whatever, it is what it is. The media has made up their mind about him and that's fine by me since I have seen nothing impressive in their play this season.

EDIT - Also, for the season, they are allowing more xG from open play than they are creating. For reference, tactical dinosaur Mourinho has a 4.88 xG for and 2.35 xG allowed so far this season.

It's just extremely bizarre but shows the power of the media to will narratives into existence. The only outlet I've heard talk about how little progress they have actually made under Arteta is Statsbomb's podcast. The hosts were talking last week about how concerning it is (from a scum perspective) that they are simply not generating many shots at all.

They have more structure in their play but what they've mostly just giving up the ball and trying to hit teams on the counter, at least from what I've seen. Which, fine, is an effective tactic but when Jose does it the media calls him a dinosaur and not a tactical genius.

Another thing I've noticed is if you try and play out the back, pundits will gobble your knob up even if you're shit at it and it costs you goals. I noticed it during (and after) the Liverpool match where they were being praised for having an "identity" and trying to play through the Liverpool press. They were awful at it though and were constantly giving Liverpool chances because of it. It doesn't make you smart to do a "progressive" tactic if it gives you bad results.

Whatever, it is what it is. The media has made up their mind about him and that's fine by me since I have seen nothing impressive in their play this season.

EDIT - Also, for the season, they are allowing more xG from open play than they are creating. For reference, tactical dinosaur Mourinho has a 4.88 xG for and 2.35 xG allowed so far this season.
I agree to some extent but I don't think they weren't trying to playout from the back against Liverpool, they were trying to draw Liverpool onto them but STILL go long. I think it was the right tactic but they were fucking lucky not to concede more and their gaol couldn't have been more of a fluke.

For me Arteta did a good solid job last season, they were really, really shit and he absolutely improved them. They don't have an "identity" at all, although last season you could at least see what he was attempting.

THIS season however I wouldn't call them convincing at all. They certainly don't have an identity, I've absolutely no idea what they are, a possession team, pressing team, or counter-attacking team. Probably the latter.

I completly agree about the narrative around him vs Mourinho, which I find most bizarre.

I agree to some extent but I don't think they weren't trying to playout from the back against Liverpool, they were trying to draw Liverpool onto them but STILL go long. I think it was the right tactic but they were fucking lucky not to concede more and their gaol couldn't have been more of a fluke.

For me Arteta did a good solid job last season, they were really, really shit and he absolutely improved them. They don't have an "identity" at all, although last season you could at least see what he was attempting.

THIS season however I wouldn't call them convincing at all. They certainly don't have an identity, I've absolutely no idea what they are, a possession team, pressing team, or counter-attacking team. Probably the latter.

I completly agree about the narrative around him vs Mourinho, which I find most bizarre.
It's always this narrative that Mourinho is the villain. That's why Mourinho wants his players to be intelligent cunts. We're not getting from the media but unwarranted criticism, and hatred. It's us against them world. Even if we play the best football in the world. Lose a game and they would come at us. We need to win for ourselves (the club and our fans). Trophies would be the best answer to critics.

It's always this narrative that Mourinho is the villain. That's why Mourinho wants his players to be intelligent cunts. We're not getting from the media but unwarranted criticism, and hatred. It's us against them world. Even if we play the best football in the world. Lose a game and they would come at us. We need to win for ourselves (the club and our fans). Trophies would be the best answer to critics.
And that's completly over the top. We've been shit mate, deserved a lot of the criticism.

Where it's been unbalanced is for example how we and Woolwich approached our respective Liverpool games, there was absolutely no difference to how we and Woolwich approached the game, but there were two completly different narrative arc's post games.

Extraordinary impact! WTF! One flukey cup and their lowest finish in years. What a joke.

They still have signed fuck all of note and the deadwood is still there drawing a nice wage. Great

They were absolutely shit in their last 2 games too.....

Back
Top Bottom