Project Big Picture

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£20 away tickets seems like the only decent thing , I honestly feel this change will happen and a huge percentage of fans just won’t bother with football any more ,
Well not top flight any way. It’s all about the money these days .

The foreign TV audience, by and large, only wants to watch Woolwich, Man U, the Dippers & possibly Man City & Chelsea. I would imagine the % interested in paying to watch West Brom vs Burnley is tiny. What they forget is that City & the Chavs were comparatively small clubs until very recently. This would deny other teams from following the same path. Dippers & Man U's US owners want to make the League a closed shop, no relegation, no competition for the CL money etc.

It could in all probablity be to Spurs advantage in the long run but its not for me.

The movement across the big European leagues is for an expanded CL format at the expense of a smaller domestic league, so I don't think the PL will have any choice but to follow suit eventually. Won't happen till 2024 though.
True, the league cup is finished whatever happens I think. Big teams won’t be able to afford the games. And then if the league stays as is then teams still in Europe will pull out of the FA cup too.

Rick Parry: "Project Big Picture solves EVERY issue of inequality that the game faces"

EFL are more than happy to take this all right up the shitter!

25% of PL revenue going to lower league. good.
parachute payments rethought. good. they were a dreadful idea
18 team PL and no league cup. It's one or the other for me.
taking away the 1 club 1 vote to all PL teams and giving more votes to the top 6 is madness. It wasn't so long ago that Chelsea and City were nowhere near being big clubs let along sleeping giants. Just because they've had a recent injection of dodgy money doesn't mean they should permanently get a seat at the top table.

The foreign TV audience, by and large, only wants to watch Woolwich, Man U, the Dippers & possibly Man City & Chelsea. I would imagine the % interested in paying to watch West Brom vs Burnley is tiny. What they forget is that City & the Chavs were comparatively small clubs until very recently. This would deny other teams from following the same path. Dippers & Man U's US owners want to make the League a closed shop, no relegation, no competition for the CL money etc.

It could in all probablity be to Spurs advantage in the long run but its not for me.
Hearing this makes my £13 spent for 2 games last week all the more appealing.

We seem to be proposing changes to football annually these days, and most are not for the better, VA fucking R anyone?...do the people running the game not realise what made the game so enjoyable in the first place, sometimes just sometimes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it....
Every action has an opposite and equal reaction:
Formation of the PL:
Pros - Lots more exposure, way more money and certainly a larger global appeal...
Cons - Destroying the lower leagues, mass influx of foreign players stifling HG players, has turned the European cup into basically a second mini league, just reaching the QF could mean 10,12,14 additional games...that in turn has made domestic cups devalued, especially the League Cup....Now clubs want to cut number of games, ya think🤦🏻
Additional Subs:
Pros - Self explanatory
Cons - Forced clubs to spend on much larger more expensive squads...
VAR:
Pros - None
Cons - Stupid rule changes to cover up the disaster that was created in the first place....

Just a few key ones, take frog eyes at Woolwich, a months salary for a cunt who doesn’t even play could float a League one side for an entire season....
Stop messing around with football, make the PL 24 teams with 6 relegation spots, drop the LC to Championship and below....

I truly despise this kind of shit, this is just the big clubs wanting to stack the deck in their favour and receive an even greater slice of the pie and then having the temerity to try and claim they are doing it for the benefit of the smaller clubs, in some kind of paternal tone.

They just assume people's stupidity, as somebody already said but in slightly different words I can't see the other 14 clubs being the Turkeys that voted for Christmas.

Happens I give up on football simple, not interested in watching a league that all comes down to money games dying as it is will just be the final nail in the coffin this.

Wouldn't surprise me to see someone start a alternate type of football league if this is ever passed either

But thankfully I don't think it ever will be

Would also be disgusted if we voted for this as a club

Many people speak out at the high salaries paid to premiership footballers. Not really sure how much footballers in the lower leagues get but do not agree that the Premiership should be subsidising that. If the lower leagues cannot afford to pay high wages then they will have to reduce them. Clubs went bust last season and if they go bust, whilst it hits the local fans, normally someone in the future buys the ground and it starts up again. Until Tesco, Sainsbury's etc start subsidising the local shops I do not see why the Premier League should subsidise the lower league clubs. Anyone suggested to Wetherspoons they should subsidise their local pub? No because Wetherspoons are losing money
Premier League clubs are going to make huge losses this season and it is not their fault the Government will not allow the lower league clubs to earn a living.
I doubt many will agree with me.

Would someone be so kind as to summarise for me how exactly the formation of the PL was revolutionary for English football? I was too young to have any interest at the time, and I can't see how it was anything more than a case of renaming something and passing it off as "better".

Would someone be so kind as to summarise for me how exactly the formation of the PL was revolutionary for English football? I was too young to have any interest at the time, and I can't see how it was anything more than a case of renaming something and passing it off as "better".
I think the main thing was it came out from under the Football League control, enabling the PL clubs to get a bigger slice of the pie.

Back
Top Bottom