Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably a game made for Bale, playing against a team that will probably sit deep and defend we might need someone to smash one in from 30 yards.

England/FA are a bunch of twats.

It's all about face/image/sellability

Harry didn't get the job because he was, even though proven innocent, a bit dodgy.
There is a history of players playing game after game after game despite dwindling form and returns because of their image.
End of the day, much like many clubs, they're run like a business, often by people with no football interest.

Harry didn't get the job because he was, even though proven innocent, a bit dodgy.
Might sound pedantic, but he wasn't proven innocent but found not guilty by a jury. Not the same thing, as the OJ case showed.

The concensus seemed to be that he was as dirty as the average arsehole at Glastonbury

Are they any good? Genuine question?

they looked so clueless vs Newcastle but then went and smashed Wolves and Leicester?

I'd say one of the few teams that genuinely benefit from not having such a toxic fanbase breathing down their necks.

There is a history of players playing game after game after game despite dwindling form and returns because of their image.
End of the day, much like many clubs, they're run like a business, often by people with no football interest.
...then they gave the job to Mr Squeaky McClean - Little Sammy Allardyce hahahahahahahaha

Are they any good? Genuine question?

they looked so clueless vs Newcastle but then went and smashed Wolves and Leicester?

I'd say one of the few teams that genuinely benefit from not having such a toxic fanbase breathing down their necks.

I reckon the benefitted more by not having Moyes around for a few weeks. And he's back now lol.

Might sound pedantic, but he wasn't proven innocent but found not guilty by a jury. Not the same thing, as the OJ case showed.

The concensus seemed to be that he was as dirty as the average arsehole at Glastonbury

Same as Scots law then?
Not proven a la Alex Salmond top toad impressionist!!

Amazed they gave it to Venables

Personally, I think if bale is fit he has to start. Can take him off at 50-60 minutes if need be, but I'd rather have the best team on the pitch at the start and try to get in front.
Not for me....... Let our full team start, wear the spammers down and then bring Bale on at 65 minutes when they're nice and tired.

Last thing we want is an overzealous, overexcited Spam defender determined to put his mark on Bale in the first 5 minutes and taking him out.

The nervous energy should be out of their system by the time we bring Bale on.

I will watch and be pleased if England or any of the home countries win but I’ve never forgiven the English FA for bottling it and not appointing Cloughie or Jack Charlton or Harry
Gutless wankers
And yes I do bear a grudge!!
Cloughie would have been brilliant....... But the FA would never allow someone like him to rock the boat.

Personally, I think if bale is fit he has to start. Can take him off at 50-60 minutes if need be, but I'd rather have the best team on the pitch at the start and try to get in front.

I am so conflicted by this one. Part of me wants him to scare the fuckers shitless and part of me wants him to destroy them in the second half.

Aaaaaargh

Back
Top Bottom