Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate that their is an over abundance of confidence on here

Warning lights are flashing, dial it back chaps or the football gods gonna bend us right over and give us a fat reminder that they are in charge here....
:roseunsure:

Christ, there cant be one single person out there who goes, right, internationals baby, Ill have some of that!

Boring boring. Hate it.

:wansum:
Do I get a throbbing boner for internationals? No.
Do I get the same buzz for qualifiers as I do for Spurs games? No.

Do I enjoy watching England? Very much so. It's part and parcel of football and always has been, what's more, the game is all the richer for it.

Personally, I think if bale is fit he has to start. Can take him off at 50-60 minutes if need be, but I'd rather have the best team on the pitch at the start and try to get in front.

Just have to grind them down. No pretty play just raw dominance north london style. Bale just coming on will burst any bubble still left after65 minutes.

This could be quite a tough game. They were unlucky against Woolwich, and look a different animal to last year. Soucek is an upgrade on Noble. Bowen is decent. But I think we'll be ready. 2-0 Spurs.

Personally, I think if bale is fit he has to start. Can take him off at 50-60 minutes if need be, but I'd rather have the best team on the pitch at the start and try to get in front.

I'd be happy for him to come on as a sub. Let the players tire themselves for an hour then ease him back in, rather than put him straight back into a full pace Prem match.

Do I enjoy watching England? Very much so. It's part and parcel of football and always has been, what's more, the game is all the richer for it.
Yeah fair enough. But what’s wrong with playing all the international games at the end of the season? I bet you majority of fans do not want to see their season interrupted by these boring friendlies.

I have never got the attraction. Mainly because it’s cheering on rival players.

Honest question, how do you feel cheering on players from Woolwich and Chelsea every so often? Have you in the past celebrated a Lampard or Gerrard goal with the required gusto? Cheered a Sol tackle till your throat hurt?

I never got into it as didn’t want to be cheering on Ally McCoist or Charlie Nicholas. 🤮

Honest question, how do you feel cheering on players from Woolwich and Chelsea every so often? Have you in the past celebrated a Lampard or Gerrard goal with the required gusto? Cheered a Sol tackle till your throat hurt?

I never got into it as didn’t want to be cheering on Ally McCoist or Charlie Nicholas. 🤮
Personally, I have always ,when watching England watched it as a collective and ,Spurs aside, never watched individual players.
Bit of a cop out,but thats the way it is with me.

Personally, I have always ,when watching England watched it as a collective and ,Spurs aside, never watched individual players.
Not a cop out at all. If you can separate the club from the player and the country, more power to you. I just couldn’t do it.

Does mean my feelings on England are massively conflicted too, as I’d love to see the likes of Kane being successful, but the thought of England winning anything makes my brain explode. Generally go for option two to be on the safe side.

False comparison. If you're watching Scotland you've got nothing to cheer about anyway.

False comparison. If you're watching Scotland you've got nothing to cheer about anyway.
Seven matches unbeaten I believe. And at least we disappoint early and not raise expectations. 😂

Fun for me is trying to identify any of the Scottish squad. Always confident I’ll get at least one of them right.

I do agree on the most part, but this particular international break is worth more trouble than it's worth. Nations League are glorified friendlies and most of the world aren't doing WC Qualifiers at the moment (think only South America), during COVID and all the restrictions it's too much of a hassle and too risky that it will spread and we'll have no football again.

It doesn't bother me to be honest. My laid-backness was sorely tested by Sulzeer and EBJT, who I tried to ignore basically, but not at all by Lampard or Gerrard, and only barely by someone like Wilshere in his England guise. I was pleased that Mount and Rice, both of whom had had pretty poor first halfs, upped their game in the second and were crucial to us winning. I cheered the former's winner with gusto, liked hearing him after the game. I don't have strong feelings about him as a person, seems a nice enough bloke who was thrilled to score the winner. Well done lad! Can't stand his team obviously but they weren't playing

I will watch and be pleased if England or any of the home countries win but I’ve never forgiven the English FA for bottling it and not appointing Cloughie or Jack Charlton or Harry
Gutless wankers
And yes I do bear a grudge!!

Back
Top Bottom