Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tea GIF

The Tea Lady says that the deal for Rodon is done!

I have a feeling that its like 60-40.
NB! Not pretending to be ITK (!!) just gut feeling from far away.

What talks in our favor -
- player wants to join
- Welsh impact on him through mainly Davies who he has been playing with in NT
- we seem to rate him high
- he is tall and has played in physical league
- if he'd be as consistent and impressive throughout the season / even until January he'd cost fair share more
- even if valuation view is different, say 10 vs 18 mil - on our scale it is actually still peanuts
- could use CCV as bargaining chip (has been to Swansea, played really well in Champo last season)

What is against us -
- Swans have very limited time to use the money received
- Swans have started quite well in Champo and they could see him as important part of potentially gaining promotion
- Mou might prefer someone like Skriniar who is more experienced and hit the ground running in EPL in January window
- to some extent his value for us in short term is smaller - we cannot use coming EL fixtures, specially in latter group stage games where there might be less pressure

We'll see. I'd like if we signed him. But not the end of the world if we dont!
The biggest threat to a deal not being done is Levy playing hardball over the fee. I think he needs to see the long term benefits. £8m won't be anywhere near enough to get the player.

Anybody with a strong opinion on him as a player?

I like what I'm seeing based on digging around footage and the three internationals he's played over the last fortnight.

The biggest threat to a deal not being done is Levy playing hardball over the fee. I think he needs to see the long term benefits. £8m won't be anywhere near enough to get the player.
I think he should play hardball here. Why pay well over the odds for a player that won't be a regular starter? We're not desperate for this lad and can probably wait till January.

Swansea can take what we offer now or get nothing, keep an unhappy player and we'll take him in January for what we're offering now.

I think he should play hardball here. Why pay well over the odds for a player that won't be a regular starter? We're not desperate for this lad and can probably wait till January.

Swansea can take what we offer now or get nothing, keep an unhappy player and we'll take him in January for what we're offering now.
I don't necessarily disagree. I think £18m is a good deal for a player who is likely to be a first team starter in a year or two. However, we can survive until January at the earliest, so there is no real rush to bring in a centre back. The postering is what infuriates me. Just want the deal done, or for the club to distance themselves completely until January or the Summer.

Back
Top Bottom